: A bad image for a Cadillac...

illumina
07-24-05, 01:02 AM
So I was driving my '87 Seville around town today. I stopped over at my brothers and worked on the exhaust of the '87 while doing laundry. While I was at it, I tuned the fuel pressure just right, washed her and even got in a wax job for the first time in over three years!

So after all of this I did a little relaxing, and stuffed my face with a pork-chop dinner that my bro's girlfriend made...Good stuff by the way! It was then time to leave and go home. But before I go home, I decide to stop over at my friend's home and see what he was up to.

On my way there, I was at a long stoplight waiting for the green when I noticed a nice '92-'93 model year Cadillac Fleetwood sitting in a lone parking lot. As I investigated further, I noticed the driver was still in the car...It was this dude, about 20 years old, high hair cut, no shirt and the general look of a real punk! I say this because he was staring at me like he wanted to cause some sort of trouble...I looked at him for a second, and then looked away because I simply didn't realize he was doing this at the moment...As I inched forwards (long light at this intersection), I noticed his eyeballs following my car looking strait at me! I looked back over at him for a second and I said in a nice loud voice "**** YOU"! I was quite pissed off and I simply don't know if he ever seen it or not...

After the light turned, I just drove off slowly keeping my eyes out for him: he never followed...

Sorry, but these are the kinds of people that really piss me off! We have these jackasses thinking they're all bad and shit, staring at people who have done nothing to them trying to cause trouble. It is really getting to me. I just wonder: what in the Hell is going through their pea-sized brains?

I have served in the United States Army and have seen real trouble that these ass-clowns likely think they would be able to handle, but I doubt it. My point with this is, I've been through Hell: Don't I and the people who have been in the same boat deserve some kind of respect?

Not that this ass-clown in question would know that I have been in the service, but the main focus here is RESPECT! Isn't there any of that going around any more?

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just a little pissed...

Ralph
07-24-05, 01:11 AM
There is no more respect for anyone anymore, don't you realize that?? I think it stems from the fact that many people cannot respect their own property, so how can they be expected to respect yours and mine?? Or respect you if they can't respect their own life and the things they do. All he needed was a mullet and he will take take away the bad rep from Camaros and give it to Cadillac, LOL!

I wouldn't worry too much, at least he didn't pull out a gun. Isn't it your right to do that there?? :sneaky: :histeric:

He was probably drugged up, who knows. Maybe he just had a "bad day because someone stole his shirt?" :suspense:

Adam
07-24-05, 01:13 AM
not to stir the pot but a 92 Brougham or a 93 Fleetwood/ Fleetwood Brougham? two different model years. 92 was the last of the box Caddies (well 93 was with the Deville).

illumina
07-24-05, 01:21 AM
not to stir the pot but a 92 Brougham or a 93 Fleetwood/ Fleetwood Brougham? two different model years. 92 was the last of the box Caddies (well 93 was with the Deville).

'92-'93 Fleetwood FWD sedan (around in those years, right?). Could have beed a Sixty Special. It had a 4.9 liter and looked like Ralph's car save for the color.

Ralph, I have a weapon too ( .38 caliber, Ruger), but I would never think of using it unless I was in real danger of losing my life or something to that effect. Taking a life really sucks and even if this idiot has done so before, I wonder if he has the capability to realize what has been done and what that sort of thing affects...But again, these sorts of people don't think about that, now do they?

Ralph
07-24-05, 01:27 AM
'92-'93 Fleetwood FWD sedan (around in those years, right?). Could have beed a Sixty Special. It had a 4.9 liter and looked like Ralph's car save for the color.

Ralph, I have a weapon too ( .38 caliber, Ruger), but I would never think of using it unless I was in real danger of losing my life or something to that effect. Taking a life really sucks and even if this idiot has done so before, I wonder if he has the capability to realize what has been done and what that sort of thing affects...But again, these sorts of people don't think about that, now do they?

It could have been a '91 like mine? I don't think there was any external difference from '91-93.

I know. When I was an armed guard I could have shot someone. I actually would have been justified in one particular case. I don't think it would have been fun going to court and wasting all that time and being in the public eye negatively, etc. I don't think I would want to ruin my life and rep for a POS. Nuff said on that.

It must always be a last resort for defence, absolutely.

illumina
07-24-05, 01:46 AM
It could have been a '91 like mine? I don't think there was any external difference from '91-93.

I know. When I was an armed guard I could have shot someone. I actually would have been justified in one particular case. I don't think it would have been fun going to court and wasting all that time and being in the public eye negatively, etc. I don't think I would want to ruin my life and rep for a POS. Nuff said on that.

It must always be a last resort for defence, absolutely.

Exactly. Many people today, my generation and younger in particualr, do not have the common social skills needed to give and recieve respect. There is a long list of why this is so, but it is not going to be rehashed right now. Those who have those basic traits of common sense will know what I'm talking about here.

The thing is, I grew up with these sorts of people and to this day, all it is really about is their little ego. I should know; I was part of their bullshit too. But something interesting happened to me, and if you look real closely at the beginning of this paragraph, you'll understand what has become of that generally poor attitude; I grew up! Also, I know that I am probably considered an ignorant ass-hole because I lost my cool and yelled out the term "**** you" to this clown, but there will always be that part of me when I feel threatened by someone like that.

Oh Hell, I guess their pea-sized brains cannot interpret anything other than a primal alpha-male (not reffering to true leadership here either) lunacy that has no place in our world anymore.

Kev
07-24-05, 02:18 AM
Exactly. Many people today, my generation and younger in particualr, do not have the common social skills needed to give and recieve respect. There is a long list of why this is so, but it is not going to be rehashed right now. Those who have those basic traits of common sense will know what I'm talking about here.

The thing is, I grew up with these sorts of people and to this day, all it is really about is their little ego. I should know; I was part of their bullshit too. But something interesting happened to me, and if you look real closely at the beginning of this paragraph, you'll understand what has become of that generally poor attitude; I grew up! Also, I know that I am probably considered an ignorant ass-hole because I lost my cool and yelled out the term "**** you" to this clown, but there will always be that part of me when I feel threatened by someone like that.

Oh Hell, I guess their pea-sized brains cannot interpret anything other than a primal alpha-male (not reffering to true leadership here either) lunacy that has no place in our world anymore.Everybody looses it once in a while, the trick is not to do something stupid when you do. You did fine. Yelling at him may seem irrational or immature to some but it's a sight better than assaulting him. It's an improvement right? Work with that, it'll get better as you go along.

Respect is an important quality, the fact that you recognize that and that it is important to you is a plus in my book. I was fortunate to learn that in my youth. As a utility hand and apprentice I had to load the journeyman's tools and lunch onto trucks in preparation for a job, or drive the truck when asked, heck, I thought that was a privilage! I knew that I was ignorant and that my existance in the trade depended upon my ability to work well with these men and I recognized that they had paid thier dues and had much to teach me.

When I became the journeyman and asked the apprentice to load the truck with our tools and lunches and asked them to drive I was quite dissapointed at the response I got; "I'm not haulin' your tools or lunch around, do it yourself." "I ain't no chauffeur, drive yournself." Needless to say, when they needed help learning something I was less than enthusiastic and when it came to grunt work I'd give them the worst of it.

I've always said that I never ask anyone to do something that I'm not willing to do myself or haven't done in the past.

Boombotz
07-24-05, 03:41 AM
Kev,

You are so right. I have the same thing going on in the crews that I oversee. When I was a helper, there was no way I acted the way the helpers act now to the crew leader's.

Illumina,

I know how you fell. Something similar happen to me tonight at a gas station. I did lose my cool, which is not like me (anymore). I have realized that most people piss off other people when they are so unhappy with themselves that they get satisfaction seeing you blow a gasket on them.

Now all I do when someone does something to piss me off I look right at them and blow them a kiss. It really pisses them off.

Ralph
07-24-05, 03:44 AM
Now all I do when someone does something to piss me off I look right at them and blow them a kiss. It really pisses them off.

Please tell me that's you Julie! :sneaky: :lildevil:

Boombotz
07-24-05, 03:45 AM
Please tell me that's you Julie! :sneaky: :lildevil:

Nope

adam_mcd
07-24-05, 03:59 AM
..i hate the new cadillacs.

id say..oh i dont know, most of the post 85 caddys are just not worth the time. no shirt plus leather? oh my..id be irate too.

Kev
07-24-05, 04:14 AM
..i hate the new cadillacs.

id say..oh i dont know, most of the post 85 caddys are just not worth the time. no shirt plus leather? oh my..id be irate too.Don't be hatin Adam. They're still Cadys and there are folks who love them. They all have thier niche. The classics as well as the latest.
It's all good.

adam_mcd
07-24-05, 04:18 AM
ah...ive driven many new caddies, sts, eldos, fleetwoods, the cts, the new-new devilles. just something about em make em not cadillac anymore. you know, big boat of american beast. i hear buicks going to fill those shoes though. good for them. lincoln, though. they know how to keep it real. love driving any lincoln.

derrty_deville
07-24-05, 05:06 AM
i had a similar unfortunate encounter. i pulled into a gas station to get some gas and s 90ish eldo full of rednecks pulls up fast and comes within less than an inch from my bumper invading the personal space. they didnt touch my car but the lack of respect to a cadillac and a fellow owner pissed me off. i didnt have the time for an argument and i know enough not to take on 2 shirtless rednecks especially with 500 cash on me.

mccombie_5
07-24-05, 08:15 AM
I had something along the lines of that, i was following my brother in my car, I was driving a Volvo at the time, We were taking it easy because I was towing a small trailer full of rubble. About 50mph, thats the limit for towing, and this guy in a Mercedes E-something came right up behind me, as i was in the inside lane i couldnt move over to anywhere, he would have to pass me, so i flashed my right turn signal to indicate for him to pass, and he pulled along side me turned when he got level with my car, he hit my wing mirror which i needed for the towing, my brother had seen this and followed this guy to his house as i continued to the dump, now he didnt hit him, but he very much s cared this guy, strangely he wanted to pay for my new mirror......... :D

Rolex
07-24-05, 09:01 AM
Common courtesy has gone by the wayside in favor of a thug mentality. The thing is of all the "tough guys" walking the streets, not many of them are ready to throw hands when a real man gets in their face and calls them on their BS. The older I get the more tolerant I become of idiots like the guy you encountered. I also have a family now, so I have to consider how my actions will effect them too. Not that you need to be told, but you did the right thing by cruising on by. And thanks for your service in our military. :thumbsup:

HotRodSaint
07-24-05, 10:56 AM
...and comes within less than an inch from my bumper invading the personal space.

I do that often, as my loooong car needs a little extra room for the hose to reach it's center mounted filler neck.

'Mad Dogging' (we have a name for it) has long been an issue in LA. Welcome to our world! :welcome:

I choose to ignore them and that takes away all of their power over me. :halo:

Adam
07-24-05, 03:57 PM

oh sorry, i wasnt thinking. in 93 they were just called Sixty Specials (i think i heard Sandy say that).

Adam mcd, what is wrong with new Cadillacs? they are lovely. i love the old ones too, but the new ones are very very nice.

DopeStar 156
07-24-05, 11:20 PM
It's not that there's anything wrong with new Cadillacs, but I don't believe that they fit the traditional Cadillac image. My biggest problem is the loss of actual names in favor of acronyms. STS, DTS, CTS, etc. I never saw anything wring with Sedan de Ville, or Seville. Also, I'm a punker, and if I'm staring at your car rest assured I'm admiring.

addison_ii
07-25-05, 03:38 AM
I think some people today don't have respect for anyone because they weren't taught how to be respectful by their parents. I think it stems from home. Not saying that's always the case, however I think it is what's causing the problem. You were right in doing what you did. I have seen people "mean mug" someone as they are driving by for no particular reason. Maybe he was having a bad day but that doesn't mean you have to f**k with someone else beacuse of it.

majax
07-25-05, 03:46 AM
Oh a few shitheads bother ya'll and everyone is saying people are worse than they use to be...I truley think they are as bad as they have ever been. We just hear and talk about it more.

now excuse my rude language I never talk like that usually. Also thanks for your service Illumina! There are many other people who are thankful but the jerks who don't care stand out more.

addison_ii
07-25-05, 03:53 AM
Oh a few shitheads bother ya'll and everyone is saying people are worse than they use to be...I truley think they are as bad as they have ever been. We just hear and talk about it more.
I have to agree on that. I have an interesting story to tell about an incident sort of proving your statement. But, it's too long.

majax
07-25-05, 03:54 AM
whenever you are up to it.

RobertCTS
07-25-05, 01:15 PM
Common courtesy has gone by the wayside in favor of a thug mentality. The thing is of all the "tough guys" walking the streets, not many of them are ready to throw hands when a real man gets in their face and calls them on their BS. The older I get the more tolerant I become of idiots like the guy you encountered. I also have a family now, so I have to consider how my actions will effect them too. Not that you need to be told, but you did the right thing by cruising on by. And thanks for your service in our military. :thumbsup:

Rolex,
I have a new Avatar for you. :D

http://www.library.wisc.edu/etext/WIReader/Images/Big/WER1238-1.jpeg

Rolex
07-25-05, 11:27 PM
Rolex,
I have a new Avatar for you. :D

http://www.library.wisc.edu/etext/WIReader/Images/Big/WER1238-1.jpeg

Gen Sherman? And here's a pic back at ya:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/normal_BanHim.jpg

JK ;)