: Just sold the V...

Mhaynes772
07-23-05, 01:19 PM
Well, I may be one of the few, but the V was the biggest hassle car I have EVER OWNED! It seemed as though the car was in the shop more than on the road. Well anyway, I traded it in and got a 645Ci BMW. Even though I do have to say I miss the power, i sure don't miss the in/out of shop, creaking and sqeaking of the dash, and all the other crap. Sorry, just had to vent.

Matt Haynes

Lanman
07-23-05, 01:53 PM
Well at least you got another sweet ride. :thumbsup:

Mutlu
07-23-05, 02:06 PM
Congrats on your new ride and may this one be without all the headaches.

BeelzeBob
07-23-05, 02:21 PM
You suck.

BeelzeBob
07-23-05, 02:21 PM
Just kidding.. Congratulations on your new ride! Post some pictures, will ya?

sti convert
07-23-05, 02:53 PM
When we see you on the road in your new BMW, we promise not to spank you, too hard?

steve711
07-23-05, 03:00 PM
Oooh you crossed to the Dark Side lol just breakin your Cahoneys a little.

The 6 series is super sweet ride (esecially M6).

The M6 is the only other ride i would conisder over the V.

Enjoy the Bimmer. :cheers:

JEM
07-23-05, 03:12 PM
Oooh you crossed to the Dark Side lol just breakin your Cahoneys a little.

The 6 series is super sweet ride (esecially M6).

The M6 is the only other ride i would conisder over the V.

Enjoy the Bimmer. :cheers:

Y'know, as a fairly long-time Bimmer owner the 645Ci doesn't much impress me, there's a lot of stuff in it - maybe too much, it's really a gimmick shop. The rear-end styling is attractive enough but the nose looks like a Camry Solara - too many silly gouges and slashes. The interior at least is better than the E60 5-series sedans, but it's still nothing appealing.

Crozier
07-23-05, 04:18 PM
Man, 18 years old and has already owned a V and now a 6 Series. Where did I go wrong in my previous life????
When I was 18, I sure didn't care if my car ever ran. I looked forward to repairs so I could see and learn and upgrade components on my first gen camaro. (bought it for $2,000 btw) When I was 18 I don't think I ever paid attention to squeaks or rattles. I didn't car is the seats felt like a spring bottom bunk-bed without a matress. The last thing on my mind was comfort, convenience, or mpg. The car looked and sounded bad@ss! That's all that mattered when I was young. What a world kids live in today!
I'll stop complaining now. Sorry!

CVP33
07-23-05, 05:12 PM
I want.........

Bentley GT
Vanquish
DB9

Short of those, I'm keeping the V.

BTW - The 6 is a very nice car.

DarkKnight
07-23-05, 10:23 PM
Well, I may be one of the few, but the V was the biggest hassle car I have EVER OWNED! It seemed as though the car was in the shop more than on the road. Well anyway, I traded it in and got a 645Ci BMW. Even though I do have to say I miss the power, i sure don't miss the in/out of shop, creaking and sqeaking of the dash, and all the other crap. Sorry, just had to vent.

Matt Haynes

Let us know how you like it and post some pictures. I have been thinking of trading my V in for one also, I haven't even had the V six months yet and find myself driving it less and less. I bought the LPE cold air kit and it's been sitting in my garage, I just havenít been motivated to put it on. It has just lost it's appeal to me, I put the rear spoiler, Corsa exhaust and upgrade polished wheels from Caddy on it to try and spice it up, but it still seems bland. I find the SRT 8 cars and Audis more exciting lately. Oh well, I'll see how I feel in a few months. Do post some pictures please.

J.E.T.
07-23-05, 11:33 PM
Ditto on the 18 thing........I got drafted a year after I turned 18. Thankfully I came back to live long enough to own several nice cars.........

JET

SBONES
07-24-05, 01:25 AM
what were the #'s. how bad of a beating did u take on the v...

OuTLAw
07-24-05, 01:40 AM

Matt Haynes

Don't worry you won't miss the in/out of shop, creaking and squeaking of the dash, and all the other crap because you will almost certainly have the same or at least the in/out of shop problems with your 645i. The 6 is a nice ride but the iDrive system is a POS. It is very clumsy, hard to navigate thru the menus and has a sh*t load of bugs. My wife's 745i has been in the shop over 10 times in just over 1 year. One time they kept her car for over 3 weeks! At least we are getting BMW to take it back under the Lemon Law. Anyways, congrats and I hope you don't experience the problems that we have.

Mhaynes772
07-24-05, 11:02 AM
SBONES- Hey, when I got the car back in November of 2004, it was brand new with 40 miles. When I traded it in 2 weeks ago, it had 23,000 miles. I think we paid just at $50,000 for it and got $35,000. OUCH! Anyway,

OUTLAW- Yeah, I know BMW does have their problems, my mom has a 745Li and it's been in the shop 30+ times since she has had it. But, when I drove the 6, it seems like a much more solid car, and I already know how to use to I-drive, so that's not a problem for me and it's MUCH MUCH DIFFERENT than the 7 series, a lot more toned down. We'll see how this works...here's some pictures...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Mhaynes772/Picture057.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Mhaynes772/Picture054.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Mhaynes772/Picture056.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Mhaynes772/Picture055.jpg

Leloz
07-24-05, 11:33 AM
Beautiful 645!

StealthV
07-24-05, 11:34 AM
Nice bimmer. :thumbsup:

Pictures like that just make me want a 2 door CTS-V even more w/ LS7 & no slushbox. GM? Show a little love for the gearheads... :)

Vee1
07-24-05, 12:57 PM
Cts-V is so much more fun than that car. I have spent time behind the wheel of the 645 and wasn't impressed at all. I owned an e46 M3 and that car was fun. Never the less, beautiful car and we all have different ideas of what fun is. Enjoy your new ride.

JBeechel
07-24-05, 11:41 PM
Ooooh, that explains it... he's an Ole Miss Rebel... they never were all that bright.

Congrats on the new ride, and don't let the experience with YOUR V taint your opinion of the whole line.

JBeechel <--- a Gator

Dave's V
07-24-05, 11:55 PM
When I was 18, I was just trying to figure out how to pay insurance on an old car.

Nice ride! Good luck with it.

05ctsvfan
07-25-05, 06:41 AM
Nice Ride......

I guess I'm lucky, other than a recall that was scheduled when i wanted I have not had a single problem.

No rattles. No squeaks. No battery drain (I go 3 weeks sometimes without driving)...No issues of anykind. It's a 2004 Black with 7400 miles....Maybe I need more miles but it's been great.....Could be that black V's have less problems...

I have a 93 blazer that's coming up on 200k.....Thats been in the shop probably 4 times in the 12 years I have had it and my Tahoe with 68k (2001) has never been yet.

Maybe I just get lucky but my American cars from GM seem to kick arse....

Good luck with your new ride.....I have never had a BMW but I spent much time @ their shop dropping and picking up my buddy who had one.

05StealthGray
07-25-05, 10:25 AM
Nice looking ride, I'm currently the owner of a 2000 Yukon I use to tow my sons race car and have over 100K with absolutely no problems at all. I also have a X5 4.4L with about 7500 miles (my fifth BMW) and a SRT-4 (my sons driven very hard) with 25k miles and no problems. My V, while still new with only 3K miles, it has experienced no problems, rattles, squeaks or whines at all. Unfortunately my bimmers have spent considerably more time in the shop than my american (mostly GM) cars. And to add insult to injury, when you need to do BMW repairs out of warranty get out your checkbook, comparable repairs typically are 3 to 4 times the cost of their american counterparts. Over the years I have owned over 40 different cars (between my wife, son and I) including jags, american iron, toyotas, hondas, etc. Over a period of many years the american cars have been in the shop less and overall cost less to operate than their foreign counterparts. Having said all that BMWs are fun to drive and nice cars, good luck, hope it serves you better than the V.

Bigplay
07-25-05, 11:17 AM
I haven't had problems with my V neither except for the recalls and a oil change that's the only time it's been in the shop. But I ordered mine, not dealer stock so nobody drove it except for the 8 miles they put on it when they first get the new cars in.

seanr56
07-25-05, 11:52 AM
Actually, German cars are less reliable than American or Japanese cars. That is a fact. They break most often and cost the most to repair. However, the surveys which measure this are looking at the car fleets as a whole which obviously includes regular cars and trucks, not just high performance cars like the V. When the next generation V comes around, I am betting that we can expect Corvette like reliability or better.

05StealthGray
07-25-05, 02:56 PM
I traded a 2004 C5 Corvette with the Z51 handling package for the V. From almost day one the C5 would pop out of gear and you couldn't hear the radio or use a cell phone at highway speed because of the tire and road noise. It was a great car and overall reliablity was great but the V in my opinion is MUCH more civilized and still offers similar performance.

AmesCTS-V
07-25-05, 10:05 PM
Well, I may be one of the few, but the V was the biggest hassle car I have EVER OWNED!
How many cars have you owned already?

Dave's V
07-25-05, 10:10 PM
How many cars have you owned already?

I was wondering the same thing since he is only 18. My Audi was the worst car I have owned and it beat out a few GM cars.

07-25-05, 11:33 PM
I'll chime in with having owned 21 cars in 27 years of ownership (I ran down the list with a colleague a few months ago).

Suffice it to say that the CTSV is not for sale.

(I had gone through a few cars already when I was 18 or 19, but most were ten years old or so. But having the wheels beat walking to school barefoot in the snow, uphill both ways)

d