: SOCAL WEEKEND July 30th Reminder

Rikmyster
07-23-05, 01:34 AM
Just a reminder about the Open House At AMS which HEAVY METALS, AKA Sir Maggie, posted last week.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46475&highlight=socal

I personally think it will be a great time to see in person their stuff and get a better idea of how things might fit fot YOU personally.

I am not as much a gearhead as some, but I have learned a lot by looking and listening. Sometimes other's ask the same dumb question I was wondering about.

And this should also let us show off our toys, which means the chromed wheels need to be cleaned. YIKES ...

AS for me, I just love driving, and driving my VEEis what life in paradise is all about.

heavymetals
07-23-05, 01:53 AM
So are you buying one to?:Poke:

Others know, they want to keep it secret!!

The dark side is calling!!

HA HA HA

GAGS-V
07-23-05, 09:49 PM
OutLaw, you out there? Meet at your place in Corona? what time? Lawfive , where are you? Anybody else? Where is everybody? Have you all gone on vacation? Hopefully, all is well in VEE-World...:confused:

OuTLAw
07-24-05, 01:48 AM
It's my daughter's birthday party that weekend. Carson is my old stomping grounds and I would love to go. Just have to verify which day the party is on.

ctsvett
07-24-05, 01:57 AM
Anyone interested in meeting at Ruby's in Redondo Beach (like we did last time) this friday (the 29th)?

It may be too closee to the AMS event, but we can just hang out for an hour or so.

I dont leave on my vacation till saturday morn..

Reed

lawfive
07-25-05, 11:44 AM
Put me down as a firm "Maybe" for both. Friday would depend on what time I could tear away from work; Saturday would depend on what my Minister of War and Finance has planned for the weekend. I'll know more on Thursday.

-- Whipped

wildwhl
07-25-05, 09:06 PM
I need a mapquest to both locations.

Wife and children leave tomorrow a.m. for a week - and I'm up for a drive :D

ctsvett
07-25-05, 09:56 PM
I will do the ruby's thing on friday night ... I usually get there around 6:-6:30 ish... Everyone is welcome... My only concern is that there is going to be a redondo beach event nearby (the wyland wall) that ends at 4:30 inlcuding a concert (saw the ad on TV)...

I cant go to the AMS thing, because I will be going out to the Colorado river on Saturday morning....

Who's in?

Redondo beach: http://www.cruiseatthebeach.com
AMS: http://www.advancedmotorsport.com/

The AMS event sounds like fun.. I want pictures

Reed

heavymetals
07-25-05, 10:11 PM
Can't do Ruby's as I am on 2nd shift for awhile.

Rikmyster
07-26-05, 01:43 AM
I am planning on the SATURDAY Event and will try to make Friday Night if I can get away early enough Friday.

ctsvett
07-26-05, 12:14 PM
Since most guys are out of friday night and there are some conerns over the earlier event in RB, I am NOT going to go to ruby's this friday.... We can do it in a few weeks when more people are around..

Ok?

Reed

lawfive
07-26-05, 01:37 PM
I need a mapquest to both locations.

Wife and children leave tomorrow a.m. for a week - and I'm up for a drive :D

Ha!! Bill, it looks like a manageable commute except for maybe that I-80 and I-5 part! :histeric:

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1a=&1c=Reno&1s=NV&1z=&2a=1035+East+Bedmar+Street&2c=Carson&2s=CA&2z=

lawfive
07-26-05, 01:51 PM
So, Gagger & Scofflaw: we should meet at one of the more reputable Inland Empire meth labs, then autocross to Carson, yes? I'll be better off if we plan on getting to Carson early (10:00 AM when it opens) or late (around 4:00 PM, just before it's over); either way leaves me a big block of daylight to make a deposit in the domestic tranquility account. If we go early, we would wanna leave Chris' place around 9:15 AM. Lemme know which time we're doing.

WildBill: if you really ARE coming, let me know when you'll be getting there; it'll be the deciding factor as to when I go.

wildwhl
07-26-05, 02:10 PM
8 hours 7 minutes my ass...my (nearly) suspended license thinks I can better that. Let me make my final decision tonight...but don't hold up any of your plans (lawfive or others) on me :)

heavymetals
07-26-05, 03:01 PM
I was cruising the AMS website and I have to be there by 9:30 to have my car entered in the "show and tell" or whatever.

Will be interesting!:lildevil:

lawfive
07-26-05, 04:52 PM
I was cruising the AMS website and I have to be there by 9:30 to have my car entered in the "show and tell" or whatever.

Will be interesting!:lildevil:

Heavy: What are you entering in the show? It looks all Euro-ish to me.

heavymetals
07-26-05, 05:52 PM
My "V" of course! (duh!)

If I am the only one, then I "win" that class!
LOL!

Rikmyster
07-26-05, 07:17 PM
My "V" of course! (duh!)

LOL!

That is how BLACK cars usually win, they are the only on in the race.
:blasted:

GAGS-V
07-26-05, 10:25 PM
Hey Law and Out, anytime is good for me. Just say when and I will be there. By the way Rik, black does look like a winner...

wildwhl
07-27-05, 04:11 AM
I sooooo want to be there...and soooooooooooooo can't.

Fellow V-rods - enjoy ;)

heavymetals
07-28-05, 04:11 PM
Heavy: What are you entering in the show? It looks all Euro-ish to me.

From me to AMS:

I have been taking some ribbing because you are having a "Euro" show.
You sure my CTS-V won't be out of place?

Reply from AMS:

You will be fine because it's just a bunch of guys that likes cars. Don't worry about your car being out of place. We are also having a GMC truck here also. We're just here for fun and look at cars. Hope to see you there!

Thanks,
Jean @AMS

AmesCTS-V
07-28-05, 04:16 PM
My "V" of course! (duh!)

LOL!
Take lots of pics and let us know how it goes with the Euro guys.