: 2006's and wheel hop

msheri01
07-22-05, 11:59 PM
I posed the question regarding the wheel hop fix bushings and whether they are going to be standard on the 2006 CTS-v at start of production during the launch update broadcast yesterday, and did not get a definite answer, just that the chief engineers were in Germany doing some testing, so will provide more info when it is available.

StealthV
07-23-05, 12:41 AM
If they need someone to side step the clutch in Germany, I can have my passport out of the safe in less than a minute and be to the airport in under 30. :D

ctsvett
07-23-05, 04:20 AM
I have heard the answer to your question is "yes"...

Reed

msheri01
07-23-05, 09:45 AM
I believe that is the case also, I am just trying to get confirmation from GM. I have looked at the 06 shop manual, and it does not specify which bushing part number is used. I know that was a question for a couple of folks.

StealthV
07-23-05, 12:30 PM
'06 shop manual? What's the part number for the rear pumpkin? :thumbsup:

Stangar
07-23-05, 07:31 PM
I posed the question regarding the wheel hop fix bushings and whether they are going to be standard on the 2006 CTS-v at start of production during the launch update broadcast yesterday, and did not get a definite answer, just that the chief engineers were in Germany doing some testing, so will provide more info when it is available.

Maybe that testing will include driving steadily at 68 mph and coming up with a fix for the steering wheel/tire shimmy that so many have. Absolutely unacceptable in a $50,000+ MSRP vehicle.