: Anayone else with maggie, do you get a

BliTzer
07-22-05, 10:45 PM
POP! ?

One thing i have noticed... somethins when i turn car off, since maggie install, & other changes.. I have a slight POP when i turn it off.. like that small backfire or combustion going on between maggie & intake..
Anyone else notice this? its not really loud like a 22 or something, but it is a little poooomp.. sometimes when i start it as well.... i would say once every 5 starts, once every5 to 7 turn key offs. it does not look or sound like the old carb backfiring, shooting out fire cause timing is offf... Its not that loud, it is really muffled quite low. could it be due to CU increase and/or supertuned to only then for the size of the ls6?

later blitzer...

heavymetals
07-22-05, 10:51 PM
Me too!

It sounds like someone just extinguished a torch.

Well not too far off either!:histeric: although I like to think rocket.

BliTzer
07-22-05, 11:05 PM
LOL... could be... Scared me the first time it happened.. i was like ok, what now? :P

but so far no problems, i guess it is just leftover gases egniting... hopefully it is in the right place and wil not blow our maggies thru the hood, then thru the roof of my garage, then classified as an UFO over Phoenix, entroute to whitesands New Mexico.. As in rocket that way.. lol

later blitzer

wildwhl
07-22-05, 11:25 PM
Never.

heavymetals
07-22-05, 11:30 PM
Your's just hasn't done it yet!

BliTzer
07-22-05, 11:36 PM
wild you know me.. Im not BS you.. Every now and then it will make a little late detination when turned off, sometimes when started as well... that first turn key on, takes an extra turn over then usual then poooomph.. like that.. not loud like a firecracker, sounds more like a firecracker inside of a potatoe. But most of time when it does happen it usually when key goes off. ;)

later.. blitzer

wildwhl
07-23-05, 01:38 AM
Heavy-Blitz -

I believe both of you - I do. I've just never experienced it. Could it be the StealthV tune?

heavymetals
07-23-05, 01:52 AM
Could very well be!

I know mine is a tad on the rich side.

I make a joke of it now, and when it happens I say," Flame off!".

Sounds just like a torch being shut off.

I would like to get a Stealth tune once I finish with putting the headers on, which reminds me, any word on this Billy Boat stuff?:confused:
I don't want to install, de-install.:eek:
I still have in box.

Dennis?

wildwhl
07-23-05, 01:54 AM
Ahhh...the Billy Boat Header cat failures.

I believe I have a failed cat. Will post more early next week after I drop the exhaust on Tuesday.

I'd hold off on the headers for the moment.

WW

heavymetals
07-23-05, 02:11 AM
My plan exactly!

I don't need to make any more work for myself!:cookoo:

Hey, how about we start a sub forum for the maggied (you know, the ENLIGHTENED ONES) CTS-V's:Poke: :Poke: :Poke: .

HA HA HA
Thanks for any info on the BB stuff!

2005V
07-23-05, 11:13 AM
Never.

Never on mine either although I do notice the slight extra effort to start.

Nick

DILLIGAF
07-23-05, 02:12 PM
Never ever a pop.Not even with the stock maggie tune.Although my car will die every now and then If i'm given her hell and then slow to idle real quick.But no pop on restart,or extra effort to start.

lasstss
07-23-05, 05:51 PM
Ahhh...the Billy Boat Header cat failures.

I believe I have a failed cat. Will post more early next week after I drop the exhaust on Tuesday.

I'd hold off on the headers for the moment.

WW

I just got the stock manifolds back from Extrude hone. Expensive. No Ideal if it was worth it but they look good inside. Im going to get them ceramic coated next and get rid of the tin cans on the outside. I'll post pics when I get them back. I do know they will be trouble free..

BliTzer
07-23-05, 08:29 PM
I have stock manifolds, but i do have B&B xpipe, it is supertuned big timed. But i did not use stealthv tune, mine was done by LUND performance.

Now it does not do it all the time, not at every start, not at every kill.
just every now and then, it just like heavy said.. sounds like flame on, flame off...
now i know they pushed my tuning to the limits, due to roadtrips i take at times for the drive to the mountains, 5 to 8k which is damn high, and car still runs great at those alts.

It is hard to even tell where it comes from, the pop sounds so deep within, under maggie, cause it is so muffled.
but whoever said the torch thing hit on the noise... if you have ever lit a burning torch, it goes out, you just re scratch to light, and POP, fire on... thats exactly the sound, but slightly muffled. Could be late detonation maybe due to richness, down inside around exhaust manifolds or in chambers right there, due to muffled sound..

if i lose my hood, i promise to let you guys know..lmao ..

I think all is ok, just a tad rich i believe, adding heat ect ect.... then pooooomp

laterz.. blitzer

heavymetals
07-23-05, 09:05 PM
I was thinking that it might be unburned exhaust being pushed into the cat and ignited.

:hmm: :drinker

BliTzer
07-23-05, 09:09 PM
thats possible... Could be two different places.. I have noticed that more than once.. Lower sound, deeper underneath, & then a lil louder pop up more close to maggie area, but of course inside, or where maggie & intake meet.. somewhere in there as well..

laterz...

ronr
07-24-05, 12:29 PM
No pop here. I've got the Stealth V tune. My corsa did pop prior to the tune but no popping of any kind since.

lawfive
07-24-05, 05:46 PM
Not me. I've got the typical Corsa burble/pop.

BliTzer
07-25-05, 07:33 PM
Hmm.. Well, im going to take it in and let run a diag on it, put it on the dyno machine, strap in place, let run like it would be running, kill it.. see if it pops again... maybe this time they can catch on computer sensors..

I do not think it is serious, maybe a little rich..

later blitzer

heavymetals
07-25-05, 08:09 PM
Hey Blitzer!

Just had the oil changed on mine and now it doesn't "Fame Off".

Just a thought.

BliTzer
07-25-05, 08:19 PM
Hmm thats weird.. I just got oil change like 3 weeks ago when i had Greedy oil cooler installed...

Are you using same OIL mobil synth? or another brand?

Hmm, another thing i have not ran 100+ octane in weeks. i have one large 30 gallon drum of 103.. only used it one time, a 5 gallon jug of it, mixed in with chevron hi test..
So i know it is not that...
Im going to kachina in a day or two, no stratch that, im taking it to LUND performance & let them check it out... I am starting to think it is coming from way down inside the exhaust, before teh Xpipe on B&B... I think maggie is being run o rich maybe..

later blitzer..

heavymetals
07-25-05, 08:23 PM
Well I still think it is unburned exhaust being forced into the cat then ignited.

Gives credance to the "torch sound" but WTF do I know.

BliTzer
07-25-05, 09:13 PM
Sounds reasonable... Heavy, i think your right, and i also think it does it more than one place.. like i said, it does not happen all the time... but when it does, i can tell it pops down low into exhaust area, sometimes up higher into the location around the intake/maggie area, way underneath... But anyway, its not bad, im not too worried that i know others have exp the same thing..
It runs good, it looks good, & and i look happy driving it. CTS-V on prozac.. ;P

later,, blitzer

heavymetals
07-25-05, 09:29 PM
I would be more concerned if it sounded like a gun going off, or the car jumped when it did it!

Maybe when it shoots an exhaust pipe accross the way or the hood flies up I will stress out:eek:

Until then it is "Flame Off!"