: Attn Maggie owners

heavymetals
07-22-05, 10:31 PM
I have been posting on the Corvette Z06 board.

If you have a chance read the load they spew about supercharging.:annoyed:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1142669&forum_id=49

I ain't no expert, but the MAGGIE ROCKS.:lildevil:

2005V
07-22-05, 10:37 PM
I ain't no expert, but the MAGGIE ROCKS

I hear ya brother. What a bunch of wankers! I loved the "all ships are safe in the harbor" quote. Keep on giving 'em hell over there.

Nick

heavymetals
07-22-05, 10:48 PM
Thanks!

I think they are SCARED.:eek: :histeric:

Be careful at over 100mph, it get hot!

Gee, no kidding.

Who is that quote from?

Dennisscars
07-22-05, 10:52 PM
95jersey (http://forums.corvetteforum.com/member.php?u=3091)[/u]]I doubt you'll get 100k from a supercharger,

ok, how many people put 100k on a Z06? now come on....

Oo Joe 24 oO (http://forums.corvetteforum.com/member.php?u=188242)[/b]] Even with intercoolers, heat is still a major factor....Put an EGT gauge on a header and do a pull from 40-150.....Youll see extremely hot temperatures above 100 mph.....
uhmm, more HP = more hot, particularly if you get to 100mph faster than frat boy's M5.
I'm sure a Geo metro don't get hot EGT.

Flog it, sell it...

Luna.
07-22-05, 10:55 PM
I'm not sure why there is a sentiment that H/C is cheaper then a S/C. There is a thread I was just involved in where I asked the question why do the H/C over the S/C, as the H/C was actually MORE expensive (for the CTS-V).

That surely doesn't mean that the S/C is a better route or anything and I have no idea if that is apples to apples. I just found it interesting that the sentiment on that thread was the the H/C was cheaper and it doesn't seem like it would be significantly cheaper, if cheaper at all.

heavymetals
07-22-05, 10:59 PM
Like I said, if the maggie doesn't scare the crap out of ya, then you can always do H&C.

That board doesn't hold a candle to this one.

BliTzer
07-23-05, 12:00 AM
Oh bs.. I have an EGT/Pyro.. It is not as bad as anyone thinks... At 137 mph i was more worried about my OIL temp before i installed greddy oil cooler.. Thats why i have 4 EXTRA gauges now, oil temp, fuel pressure, egt/pyro, boost for maggie. In cooler temps, esp during winter, that cold air intake, then to maggie gives outstanding results. Its simple, motor will get warm, its not like we have to race like NASCAR for hours and hours in a circle until the winner is declared... Our race is proven in 4 to 10 seconds.. Its our time atm. CTS-V, in its class rules, with maggie other proper mods, next class up, still our time.. No matter what this car rocks... it has its troubles, many others do too... i can truly say i have had other autos with way more troubles, ford, amc, dodge, i have had alot of street machines that were fast in their time & right off the show room floor. My 396 ss, was powerful, ruled roads everwhere.. drawback, just after 3800 miles oil leaks like a sift. cork gaskets then di great until they could soak no longer... so it will always be this way.

no matter what.. alot of vette owners will turn there nose up to you.
GM started this nonsense by treating them differently, letting them go to the site where it was being built... So much more extra treatment has spoiled i can truly say a few of those owners... The ones that truly understand us, and on the same level as us, is the vette owners that own both, the cts-v and a corvette. either way, it is kinda sad... i would call us cousins, family in a way. but no, we are and will be the red headed step child for awhile.

later blitzer

heavymetals
07-23-05, 12:11 AM
I am almost sorry to post on that board.

Now I don't feel so bad for spanking that C6!!:histeric:

Dennisscars
07-23-05, 12:32 AM
Maybe they are using that as an excuse not to buy, I have more respect for that over "My wife won't let me.." geez take off the baby papoose and ask the wife if you can borrow your nad's for the weekend...:madtalkin (nobody specific intented, just general complaining.)

Me, I have a thing for not cracking the motor on a brand new car, maggie was easy as putting on an intake, heads and cam is a different story.

heavymetals
07-23-05, 12:37 AM
I am with you.:thumbsup:

Bunch of knuckleheads (well almost the whole bunch):want:

Notice how the "know it all" backpeddled when I posted "FACTS"?:eek:

Like I said, do what you want, but post facts.

The price of the hood is the only thing stopping me, and that may go away this weekend.

I am a just a little concerned that I am going to affect the value of my 50th anniversery Vette. Oh well!!!!

MikeF
07-23-05, 01:15 AM
How hot is "OK" for the Mobil 1 in the engine? If I run mine through some corners at 4-6000 rpm for ten minutes or so the oil temp will go to 235. That normal?
The same M1 in my Harley will hit 300 at high effort on a hot Texas day but that engine is air cooled and designed for the heat (I hope). And, I change it every 2500.

wildwhl
07-23-05, 01:50 AM
Well...that 'vette sight can be interesting at times.

Funny thing is, my experience with a Maggie'd vette is EXACTLY WHY I magnacharged the V!

heavymetals
07-23-05, 01:57 AM
Right on!, but with me it is the reverse.

If I am out driving Mr. Vette, and I pick on a CTS-V, I want to at least be sure that unless he is passing gas, I can beat him.
That's why I may maggie Mr. Vette.:shhh:

Like I said, I may not put the "SUPERCHARGED" emblems on the "V":lildevil:
It's getting to be way too much fun spanking Vett's!:tisk:

benjet
07-23-05, 02:40 AM
How hot is "OK" for the Mobil 1 in the engine?

~275 is into danger zone for m1.

urbanski
07-23-05, 07:58 AM
i read there out of sheer boredom, not to learn anything.
the C6 general board is really funny...that's all i'm saying LOL

AZPowerAndSound
07-26-05, 09:52 PM
Luna.....if you read this can you please contact me

Luna.
07-26-05, 11:42 PM
Email sent to prodyno@prodyno.com
:)

lasstss
07-27-05, 12:08 AM
These guys must be novices, they pan the supercharger and go with heads & cam + nitrous. The effective cylinder pressures are a good bit nastier with nitrous than a few of pounds of boost. 5psi wont blow a piston or heads either.

wildwhl
07-27-05, 05:06 AM
You know, after reading all of that thread, I've decided to go N/A.

That is, Normally Ahead, and stick with my 6psi of boost :D

BliTzer
07-27-05, 06:39 PM
Hey wild, im getting 7 psi.. nanner nanner.. ;P

V-seriesTech
07-27-05, 08:28 PM
Right on!, but with me it is the reverse.

If I am out driving Mr. Vette, and I pick on a CTS-V, I want to at least be sure that unless he is passing gas, I can beat him.
That's why I may maggie Mr. Vette.:shhh:

Like I said, I may not put the "SUPERCHARGED" emblems on the "V":lildevil:
It's getting to be way too much fun spanking Vett's!:tisk:

A stock Z06 will beat a supercharged V series... :devil:

heavymetals
07-27-05, 08:52 PM
Must be the driver, I spanked a C6, and I figure that is close to a Z06.

Luna.
07-27-05, 09:37 PM

I would take caution with the use of the word "will." :p

Geno
07-27-05, 09:42 PM

I've owned both, and a stock Z06 will beat a stock CTS-V.

I telling you the facts plain and simple....there is no way my Z06 would beat my Maggie'd, cammed "V". ;)

heavymetals
07-27-05, 09:52 PM
I own both and I wouldn't want to race me!:histeric: :histeric:

V-seriesTech
07-28-05, 08:51 AM
I've owned both, and a stock Z06 will beat a stock CTS-V.

I telling you the facts plain and simple....there is no way my Z06 would beat my Maggie'd, cammed "V". ;)

Oh yeah....then how about a challenge. Cause "I" have beaten a supercharged V series in my 2000 C5,...NOT A Z06 in the quarter mile, the highway,.... List of mods,...ram air(who says ram air doesn't work), LS6 intake, MAF composite ends(still stock maf meter but not after this weekend) and at the time gutted cats, and coolant bypass 12.58 @ 113.50 on street tires. Now the car has long tubes...getting a new MAF, and a tune this weekend.

Facts,...plain and simple.

V-seriesTech
07-28-05, 08:53 AM
I would take caution with the use of the word "will." :p

Will, would, should,...given it's in the hands of someone that knows how to drive the car.

....and a STOCK C6 will NOT beat a STOCK 2004 Z06

V-seriesTech
07-28-05, 09:16 AM
I own both and I wouldn't want to race me!http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/biglaugh.gif http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/biglaugh.gif

Nice collection.http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/evilsmile.gif

heavymetals
07-28-05, 02:30 PM
I call the "V" my four door Vette.

Hey sounds like a good license plate!

4DVETTE

V-seriesTech
07-28-05, 03:02 PM
I call the "V" my four door Vette.

Hey sounds like a good license plate!

4DVETTE

That thing is a four door vette...especially with forced induction.:)

heavymetals
07-28-05, 04:08 PM
I have been seriously considering doing the same thing (maggie) to Mr. Vette.

I figured that a new C6 Z06 would cost me double (at least) what I could possibly get for selling Mr. Vette.:(

So....................
If I maggie Mr. Vette, I get about the same or more hp but not the same car (it is a bitchin car that C6 Z06!) for a lot less then way #1 (dig a smaller hole).:thumbsup:

Scare factor should at least triple!:eek: :eek: :eek:

V-seriesTech
07-28-05, 04:53 PM
I have been seriously considering doing the same thing (maggie) to Mr. Vette.

I figured that a new C6 Z06 would cost me double (at least) what I could possibly get for selling Mr. Vette.:(

So....................
If I maggie Mr. Vette, I get about the same or more hp but not the same car (it is a bitchin car that C6 Z06!) for a lot less then way #1 (dig a smaller hole).:thumbsup:

Scare factor should at least triple!:eek: :eek: :eek:

List for C6
Magnacharger.
Long tubes
plugs/wires
tune

Very nice, fast setup. Yet, simple.

heavymetals
07-28-05, 04:57 PM
There is always a faster gun!

I work with what I got.

By the way, looks like Mr. Vette is getting the treatment.:canttalk: