: BS Service at Dealership

haute_heir
07-22-05, 06:27 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with the quality of service at their dealership?? I had a few warranty glitches with my 05' CTS (3k kms)that I took into GSL Calgary this morning... While doing my paperwork the advisor asked how old I was, then stated since I was 21, they would be unable to provide me with a cadillac loaner car, and all they could provide was in an Impala! Meanwhile 2 other middleaged customers with Cadillacs checked in their own cars and drove away happily with their equivelant Caddy loaner cars. I asked what difference it makes when its my insurance policy that covers the loaner car anyways. The reply was that there is a policy, that drivers under the age of 25 are not allowed to drive Cadillac loaner cars, or SUV's!?!?!?!?!? WHAT THE HELL!!?? Did I not pay the same amount, for the same car, and for the same service from Cadillac as the guy next to me? As a previous owner of a Mercedes C-class and Infiniti QX4, I have never had an issue with suitable loaner vehicles since the age of 16. Now at 21, I decide to give the domestics a try, and already the headache of having the car in at 3000kms, but now I am a 3rd class citizen because i'm only 21! Caddy need to rethink their service standard and ethics if they want to compete with the likes of Mercedes, BMW, Lexus and Infiniti. To put it simply I had no preference between any of these brands, but WOW did I make a mistake when I bought this car. In all honesty I wouldnt have cared if all they had for ALL Cadillac owners were basic GM vehicles, but the fact that I get to pay the premium for owning the car but not reap any of the benefits that the next guy does! I phoned head office to have them contact the dealer and work something out....we'll see what happens, till then, I'm one pissed off CTS owner...

Mbai2
07-22-05, 06:44 PM
Sorry to hear that. Not all Cadillac service dept are the same. When I was 21 (22 now) the dealer I went to happily gave me a Cadillac loaner. They would also try to get me to upgrade into an Escalade everytime since that would mean extra money in the pocket for them.

msheri01
07-23-05, 12:37 AM
At our store, 21 is the age our insurance company requires. Was the car a rental, or a dealership owned vehicle? Some rental car companies also have different rules. At our store, we only have Cadillacs, and it does not matter whether it is a CTS, Deville, or STS, the customer does not pay any "upgrade" since GM reimburses for the vehicle usage. If we are out of cars, then we use one of a couple of rental agencies.

haute_heir
07-25-05, 01:24 PM
My dealership uses a rental company for all their loaner vehicles. It is not an insurance issue though, since my insurance is covering the loaneer vehicle for as long as it's in the shop. They stated to me that I must be 25 to have use of a Cadillac loaner car, it's just a policy. A BS policy at that, maybe they shouldn't sell Cadillacs to people under 25 if they cant provide sufficient service to us!? Or perhaps a rebate for buying a cadillac if you're under 25, since I get the same service as an Optra or Cobalt owner. Never had a problem with servicing the German and Jap cars since the age of 16, and NOW I have problems!?!? Any suggestions of how to deal with this before I blow one of my own gaskets???

ben72227
07-25-05, 06:39 PM
It's pretty common for rental car agencies (Hertz, Alamo, etc.) to not let people under the age of 25 rent their cars. Dealer loaners on the other hand should be much different....Your dealer must be using a rental agency I guess. I mean, why would a Cadillac dealership keep Impalas for dealer loaners???:confused:

Also, you must remember that most people your age can't afford Cadillacs, nor do they want new ones at that. Maybe you should have gotten a Pontiac or something:suspense:...

haute_heir
07-26-05, 05:41 PM
Yes they do use a rental car agency, but I really don't care...As far as i'm concerned they can get with the times and provide 'in-house' loaners, especially since the appeal of the Escalade and CTS has really began to draw a younger crowd. Perhaps even a rebate for drivers buying a new Cadillac under the age of 25 since we aren't entitled to the same service...

In all honesty, really the only domestic cars I've ever been in are cabs. It has also never occured to me to buy a Pontiac, I've been driving $40,000 cars since I turned 16.....do you think a Pontiac is really in my league?????

<<<Shoulda stuck with the true Germans>>>