: Thanks from a new guy

gottawonder
07-22-05, 12:49 PM
Greetings,

Had my eye on a 2004 v8 AWD locally... read issues here about transfer case on the early ones and decided to shop a little more. Snagged a special-events vehicle, 2005 AWD w/ Luxury Perfomance package... priced very right for "used" with a whopping 200 miles on it. Can't wait to get my hands on it next week.

I look forward to hanging out here.

GW

louisn
07-22-05, 02:38 PM
What was your price? What was the sticker?
Welcome to the board! Is it a NORTHStAR!:lildevil:

gottawonder
07-22-05, 05:29 PM
200 miles on it. "In service" in March. Blue Chip paint.

Sticker 59500-ish, $41995. (Last one like it on Ebay sold for $43000 w/ 7k miles.)

Here's the kicker: They can do the Certified Vehicle (6yr/100k) program on it for $2500 and give me the new car finance rate... based on what I've read here the 2500 is a bargain if you're gonna drive it 80k miles or more <laughing>... and interest rate will offset the bulk of the cost of the certified...

Definitely Northstar...:eek:

They gots a red one and a black one if someone is interested.

GW

c5 rv
07-22-05, 07:30 PM
What is the dealer name and where is it?

gottawonder
07-22-05, 07:41 PM
http://www.weilcadillachummer.com/ go to used caddy inventory (Libertyville, IL.) I'm gonna fly up and drive 1000 miles to get it home and I'm still happy w/ the deal...

Black one is marked $1k more but they may move on that one... they dropped the blue and red one the day I was gonna try to get 'em down a nick. Their party line is that the internet pricing is "firm" but I'd pretty well decided that if I could get it for $42k I wanted it. They have several w/ v8 AWD but these seemed like "the deal" if you wanted the Luxury Performance pkg.

Happy Hunting...

GW

c5 rv
07-23-05, 07:45 AM
The only problem is the luxury performance package comes with the dopey 3rd row seat.

gottawonder
07-23-05, 08:30 AM
Agreed. :banghead: Flipside is that I wanted the suspension and trailering enough to where I quit worrying about it. Ideally I'd have gotten the same pkg w/ no sunroof or third row seat... Probably would have bought a lighter color, too... But, I bought it for the driving experience, and wife was more willing to go along with me on one that was fully loaded. Hopefully I won't need a weekly appt w/ local Caddy dealer.

Can't wait to get it... probably fly up next weekend and have it through the break-in by the time I'm half way home.

GW

c5 rv
07-23-05, 11:30 AM
If I get a SRX, I'd love to have it before driving to South Carolina next month. However, I would want an '06 with (hopefully) narrow door sills.