: V Problems?

RIescalade
07-22-05, 09:02 AM
OK my 05 V has 1205 miles on the clock. Here is my list of problems. Any ideas before I go to the dealer?

1.Squeak\scrape heard through transmission tunnel when going over bumps. I can also push down on the front of car with hood open and hear the noise.

2. 6-speed has a hard time getting into 1st and reverse some times. It feels very rubber-bandish and almost bounces in. Sometimes it does not want to go in at all to these gears. (((Compared to my 69 camaro tranny there is a huge difference in feel. I definitely think that this car needs a shorter throw between the gears IMHO)))

So far thats all I have. Not major problems I hope but if anyone has had any similar experiences please let me know-

Thanks-
Ben

Florian
07-22-05, 09:18 AM
jeez, thats it? no problems at all then....

F

07-22-05, 09:35 AM
jeez, thats it? no problems at all then....

F

What he said. Your tranny and shifter sounds normal. Search this forum and you will find thousands of posts on the topic. If it pops out of gear, or grinds going in, then you have a problem.

Reverse will be easier to get into if you put it in any other gear first, then pop it into reverse.

The scrape/grind is a new one, but it sounds like something that will take 90 seconds to identify up on a lift, and maybe a little longer to adjust out or repair.

If this is your first trip to the dealer then make sure that you have all of your recalls done, and look at the tsb's on this site or the cadillac FAQ. You may want to wait a week so that they can put in the anti-wheel hop bushing kit.

Doug

ta206
07-22-05, 11:44 AM
I also had a squeak coming from the area below the shifter. It got worse as the car got hotter and you really heard it when the car went over a bump. Had it in the shop 3 times before one mechanic found a clip on top of the transmission that was barely touching the tunnel. He moved it or bent it or who-knows-what he did to it, but its fixed.

ccclarke
07-22-05, 12:03 PM
You might consider installing a UUC short throw shifter. The rubbery shifts will disappear and it has a "notchier" feel than stock. Enjoy, drive, enjoy!
CC

RIescalade
07-22-05, 11:35 PM
This forum is worth its weight in gold. Thanks for the informed replies. I love the car it really is very well balanced and is the first car that I have really enjoyed pushing the limits since my 95 M3.

ctsvett
07-23-05, 03:22 AM
This forum is worth its weight in gold. Thanks for the informed replies.

Then donate $20, get a free V calendar and help support this amazing place.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/donate.html

$20 gets you a 4 month subscription here, a free V calendar and helps the FAQ too...

Reed