: Has anyone converted the XM to Sirius?

Kadonny
07-22-05, 08:03 AM
Just curious. Can you use the XM antenna and wiring and then maybe just install the receiver?

God how I hate the looks of the aftermarket antenna on cars.

This is one of my minor annoyances when looking at a new V.

1gCtsV05
07-22-05, 08:57 AM
ok.. why?! why?! why?!
would you EVER want to cahnge XM to that lil doggie company?!?!?!
thats like buying a FORD instead of the CADDY!!!!

Kadonny
07-22-05, 09:15 AM
Wow, thanks for the reply :disappoin

Florian
07-22-05, 09:20 AM
Ka,

I think there is some poop on the street about an add on chip to the Sat receiver to allow for Sirius. I think its in the works, but no availability yet.

F

Kadonny
07-22-05, 09:52 AM
Thanks Flor. Great response, i'll keep my ear to the pavement then.

DrivingAmericanNow
07-22-05, 10:24 AM
Why Convert??? Isn't it obvious? It's HOWARD :devil: We want HOWARD !!!

I've been asking the same thing. I even went so far as to call Sirius and ask them if they could convert it. They said no. If you find anything, please post the details. There are many of us who need a fix before January. :D

1gCtsV05
07-22-05, 10:33 AM
Why Convert??? Isn't it obvious? It's HOWARD :devil: We want HOWARD !!!

I've been asking the same thing. I even went so far as to call Sirius and ask them if they could convert it. They said no. If you find anything, please post the details. There are many of us who need a fix before January. :D

HOWARD!!! :tisk: :canttalk: :nono: :boring:

O&A - XM 202!!!!

"They want to switch to Sirius Fred, but even I wanted XM... HOO HOO tell'em Fred Tell'em.. I invented satellite radio. HOO HOO..."

Florian
07-22-05, 11:16 AM
hoo hoo....tell em fred. Tie a bandanna around your car and women get naked....I invented that too....and Morse code...it was called Howard code, they ripped me off....hoo hoo..

O&A rule.

F

GNSCOTT
07-22-05, 11:34 AM
I enjoy listening to O&A and I enjoy listening to Howard. Howards show is just on another level that O&A cannot even get near. The production is 100 times better, Howard has better guests, interviews much better, and Howard has legitimate "bits" I will find some way to have both in my car so I can continue to listen to both.

Playdrv4me
07-22-05, 11:42 AM
Sirius has a much better channel for unknown artists (Left of Center) and their talk radio is also more enjoyable. I had XM for a while and I didnt like it.

ctsvett
07-22-05, 11:46 AM
someone installed sirius int eh ashtray (pretty cool install).. the picture is on the FAQ:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/img/ash-console.jpg

Dont know who that was though or how it was installed....

Reed

AmesCTS-V
07-22-05, 01:47 PM
hoo hoo....tell em fred. Tie a bandanna around your car and women get naked....I invented that too....and Morse code...it was called Howard code, they ripped me off....hoo hoo..

O&A rule.

F
That was pretty funny stuff. I like when O&A play the Howard XM ad also.

I like Howard's show but he needs to stop with the Al Gore lines.

DILLIGAF
07-23-05, 11:32 PM
If XM raises their rates again i'm out.I like both xm & sirius,wish I had both services.For the price both companys should be providing video signal too.I want basic cable in the car for 12.99 a month!

J.E.T.
07-23-05, 11:40 PM
My CTS with the Bose system was supposed to have XM but didn't. I was pissed with the salesman and he offered to pay to have it installed. Having had XM in several previous vehicles I wanted to try Sirius so I had my stereo guy add it on. Had the little magnetic antenna ran through the car and up around the back window where it sits right behind the other antenna. You hardly notice it at all. The tuner was mounted in the center console so it's out of sight and easy to change channels. Let me tell you, the programming on Sirius is out of this world, especially if you're a classic rock fan. I'm really glad I gave it a try.

JET

jlakowicz
07-24-05, 05:40 PM
I would love to switch to Sirius. I like to listen to the classic decades stations, and the 50s and 60s stations are terrible on XM, lots of songs I never heard before. I like the programming on my wife's Sirius much better.

Dave's V
07-25-05, 12:00 AM
The big reason I would want sirius over XM? NFL

Kadonny
07-25-05, 09:04 AM
The big reason I would want sirius over XM? NFL

Yup, that and Howard is a winning combo ;)

Guess we will keep our eyes/ears open.

austin
12-11-05, 01:03 PM
Who's car is this?

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/img/ash-console.jpg

I would like to have this done, the face plate molding looks top notch. A very good job. I am surprised that their are no details with this mod.

fcuk
12-11-05, 01:23 PM
NFL? Most people are home on Sundays, another what, 30 million wasted by Sirius? How bout nhl, mlb, nba, college football and basketball? I, personaly, think Howard sucks. What is funny about a homeless black midget? NOTHING. His bits suck. But this is just me. And their paying him half a billion... mmmhmmm, he will get his paycheck. Hey, whos that Martha Stewart? 10 million... Richard Simmons, 8 million, nah, lets give him 100 mill. SIRIUS ROCKS.

BowenCT
12-11-05, 01:53 PM
I have Sirius in my daily driver.......XM has a loooooong way to go to be on par with Sirius. Forget about Howard and NFL, even the play list are infinately better on Sirius. I'm a long time O&A listener......believe it or not I enjoyed them more when they were on WAAF out of Boston. Howard is just on a whole other level that O&A will never touch. NFL is icing on the cake. Give me Sirius in the V!

ctsvett
12-11-05, 02:58 PM
I hear somone may be coming out with a sirius kit in jan-feb...

Reed

Joey'sVee
12-11-05, 04:04 PM
Good....I would also like to switch to Sirius!