: Need Part Sourcing Help!!!!

Florian
07-21-05, 04:44 PM
Fellas,

I need a new tank pn 15211314 in the worst way...my V has been sitting on the rack almost 2 weeks now and the stealership cant source one. Anyone here have one in stock or know someone/a dealership who dees???? Its killing me. Finder gets a bottle of their choice!!!!!

Florian

Dave's V
07-22-05, 12:46 AM
Florian,
What was wrong with the old one again? Gas tanks shouldn't be hard to make. Is our tank the same as the CTS?

Dave

BliTzer
07-22-05, 12:59 AM
Florian call that caddy dealer in Pensacola florida.. damn i cannot rem their name, but they had damaged cts, cts-v's and others from hurricanes past 2 years.. you could get lucky.

my bottle is, hmm get some good congac ;)

later blitzer... goodluck man

Florian
07-22-05, 01:09 AM
Dave,

This is my 3rd tank....keeps throwing codes for leaks, they keep finding hairline cracks..... Blitz, cognac is on me if you hook a brother up! VSOP is oh so nice!

F

BliTzer
07-22-05, 01:19 AM
I will call tomorrow and get some contacts & info. If it looks promising, i will relay all.

later.. blitzer ;)

Florian
07-22-05, 01:21 AM
Dave,
There have been a couple of revisions on the tank...the new revision takes care of the sendor/level issue (caused too many roadside calls for gas, myself included) so apparantly they only make em when they need em. JIT mfg sucks!

Florian

Loadtoad
07-22-05, 01:38 AM
Florian call that caddy dealer in Pensacola florida.. damn i cannot rem their name, but they had damaged cts, cts-v's and others from hurricanes past 2 years.. you could get lucky.

my bottle is, hmm get some good congac ;)

later blitzer... goodluck man

Vince Whibbs is the Cadillac dealer in Pensacola but I do not recall seeing any parted out cars when I bought mine there a month ago.

I just happen to have the business card in my wallet and their toll free # is ....
1-800-803-7810

Dave's V
07-22-05, 07:39 AM
Florian,
Good luck!

Dave

Florian
07-22-05, 09:55 AM
Load,

I called Whibbs, they were very courteous, but no dice....the frustration continues.

Florian

BliTzer
07-22-05, 09:10 PM
Yes thats the name. Vince Webbs, they sell caddy's, Even new gto's..

Sorry they could not help you. I know from about 5 months back friend of mine that works in the paint & body part of Vinces business areas said he got parts off several CTS & other types of damaged vehicles. Apparently the INS. company total out damaged veh., company purchased them back for parts. Who knows, they could be holding on to parts since another hurricane hit that area around Navarre, & did some damage to that area.

Now i know for a fact there is another caddy dealer i believe it is in FT.Walton area. or destin florida. Now with them jus getting that last hurricane, who knows you could get lucky there as well.

LOADTOAD, help me out here, right on the 98 beach route on left, heading east on 98, there is a caddy dealer right there. Its pretty good ways past midway, way passed Zoo, that areas.. Can you tell florian the name please, i just can not recall it.

later.. blitzer

Florian
07-22-05, 09:42 PM
Blitz and Toad,

Thanks fellas for the help, my tank will be installed next Thursday...almost 3 weeks without the V :mad: anyways, I appreciate your earnest help. If I can ever do likewise, please ask!

Florian

BliTzer
07-22-05, 09:58 PM
ANytime Florian, wish i could have helped out, i have been out of town, in Navarre florida actually. I had to meet up with FEMA & State farm, Travelers insurance due to Hurricane that just popped it over there.. Damn i just bought those condos last year after Ivan, got a really good deal.. The old guy he gave up that owned, kept the ins money, sold it to me, i got it 35% under the appraised value, land & damaged condos, 7 of them. I put in around 900k, & since they sit between huge major delelopers tha own hi rise condos, im waiting on the door knock.. Im the only thing that keeps them from being able to connect, build above ground parking, or even another hi-rise.
ut i keep those condos n beautiful shape, state of art equipment & so on...
If i would have known of this i would have personaly drove to that dealer in Ft. Walton seen what they had...
If there is anything else you are looking for let me know. I have some nice guages, with pillar pods placed in good spots, & looking each day as id built that way.
It has taken every bit of 8 months to get minor objectives done at times. Wating on backordered parts, parts that are just not made yet, and parts that have been modified, built by hand/scratch to work, and i might say they look damn good. I salute those that have helped me.
but if there is anything i can try to locate for performance reasons of your car ask me... email me if you prefer..

later blitzer.. ;)

Florian
07-23-05, 12:30 AM
Blitz,

Thank you.

Florian

Loadtoad
07-26-05, 05:46 PM
For future reference, I talked to the Service Manager at Whibbs Cadillac in Pensacola and he said he did have cars damaged from Ivan and lost 2 cars to Dennis but they cannot part the cars out. GM takes the cars back and crushes them. One of the cars damaged by Ivan was a new V and no parts were allowed to be taken off of it.

Florian
07-26-05, 06:21 PM
Excellent info, Toad!

Thanks again for your efforts....

Florian

BliTzer
07-26-05, 07:16 PM
Ya know what.. thats BS!

What they mean, they take parts off, that THEY need for there repeat customers, put the old parst back on the new damaged ones, then send them back.. They are sneaky there.. Trustme, i have a inside source after living thete all my life..

later blitzer...