: Installing Oil Pressure Gauge???

95Concours
07-21-05, 02:26 PM
Would it be difficult to install an oil pressure gauge to my 1995 N* deville and where would you connect it on the engine side? Thanks!

STS 310
07-21-05, 08:39 PM
First of all can you explain why you need an oil pressure guage?

Sorry, but someone was going to ask.

BeelzeBob
07-21-05, 11:02 PM
It is kind of tough to install. You will have to put a tee in the port where the low oil pressure switch is. That switch is located on the oil filter adapter on the left (front) side of the engine. If you look up at the oil filter and the oil filter adapter above it you will see the low oil pressure switch. Unscrew it and screw a pipe nipple into the hole with a tee for the gauge line and the low oil pressure switch. It is not the easiest spot to get to.....

If you put the gauge on don't be shocked by low oil pressure at idle. The engine is designed to have relatively low oil pressure for fuel economy (less parasitic losses driving the oil pump to needlessly high pressure). The idle oil pressure with a hot engine is down around 5 to 6 PSI so many people freak out thinking it is way low....it is fine.

95Concours
07-22-05, 01:26 PM
First of all can you explain why you need an oil pressure guage?

Sorry, but someone was going to ask.

Because I would like to be able to see my oil presure in the slim chance something malfunctions and I lose pressure.

budkidd@fuse.net
09-20-07, 10:46 PM
if you find out all the detales i would like to know for my car, budkidd@fuse.net

Ranger
09-20-07, 11:09 PM
This thread is 2 years old.

clarkz71
09-21-07, 11:54 AM
IT is ????????????? OH, your right. You know what comes next.
My new favorite pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/eldiablojoe/OldThreadAlert.jpg