: 2nd gear grinds

Seattle CTS-V
07-21-05, 02:09 PM
When I was shifting into 2nd gear this morning I got a horrible grinding noise. I absolutely, positively had the clutch all the way in. Has anyone ever had this happen? I've always had a 'clunk' noise when shifting into 2nd but never the grinding noise. It didn't happen again the rest of my commute. :hmm:

kimcheejeegae
07-21-05, 02:40 PM
When I was shifting into 2nd gear this morning I got a horrible grinding noise. I absolutely, positively had the clutch all the way in. Has anyone ever had this happen? I've always had a 'clunk' noise when shifting into 2nd but never the grinding noise. It didn't happen again the rest of my commute. :hmm:

you suck at the driving!! =))

hehehe.. i've grinded 2nd and 3rd a few times... and i swear the clutch is all the way in too each time i do it... i chaulk it up to my mad rowing skillz yo! =))

kimcheejeegae
07-21-05, 02:41 PM
Hey.. you coming to the Get together tonight?

7pm at the Issaquah Krispy Kreme? I'll be there.. i also organized an audi GTG.. so we're crashing the party!! =)

dqw1
07-21-05, 02:47 PM
I get grinding sometimes going into 5th and I know the clutch is in. The only thing I can figure is that if I'm doing a slow shift (normal driving)it grinds but if I drop back to 4th and do a quick shift back to 5 it's ok. Piss's me off.

Seattle CTS-V
07-21-05, 03:38 PM
I have to admit that I do still suck at driving. It's my manual afterall...

I wasn't aware of a Caddy meet tonight. I'll try to stop by!!

You get the exhaust put on your car?

kimcheejeegae
07-21-05, 06:27 PM
I have to admit that I do still suck at driving. It's my manual afterall...

I wasn't aware of a Caddy meet tonight. I'll try to stop by!!

You get the exhaust put on your car?

Yeah... the exhaust is on!! hehe...

If you come to the krispy kreme parking lot and we're not there... look across the way at Teriyaki Bistro.. it's right next to cold stone.

CTSV05
07-22-05, 01:18 AM
My tranny's demise began with grinding, then popping out of gear, then an inability to downshift, all in second gear only.