: Lincoln #1 in customer satisfaction again

powerglide
07-21-05, 12:35 PM
Cadillac number two......but still above Lexus!

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Ford Motor Co.'s luxury Lincoln brand was tops in customer satisfaction for its dealers' service departments for the second straight year, according to a report from auto research firm J.D. Power and Associates.

Lincoln's score came in at 915 out of possible 1,000 on the customer satisfaction survey. The average score for the industry was 871.

Two other U.S. brands, General Motors Corp.'s Cadillac and Saturn, were close behind Lincoln, with scores of 911 and 905 to round out the top three. Toyota Motor Co.'s luxury Lexus brand is the best foreign brand, coming in at No. 4 in the survey with a score of 904.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/07/21/Autos/dealer_satisfaction/index.htm

Playdrv4me
07-21-05, 01:41 PM
Thats a little unsettling. My experiences with Lincoln service when I needed it were never very positive, not terrible but not great.

Sandy
07-21-05, 04:29 PM
Based upon my personal experience with my 2003 Town Car LTD, I can easily understand it. Great Service, fair prices, car kept clean & neat, problems fixed right the 1st time and a follow-up call in the evening 2 or 3 days later to make sure I am satisfied and if not, willing to take me back in tomorrow AM. Any repair taking longer than 1 hour I was given a Town Car to use for the day. (OR) If I preferred, they'd drive me where I wanted or needed to go.
They offered me also a free car wash, which I always decline. They do NOT use the premium products I do, and only I do my cars! :p

BTW. where was the perennial #2; Infiniti ??? :rolleyes2

Jesda
07-21-05, 08:14 PM
Infiniti used to routinely score #1 with Lexus second. Competition is a great thing, as it has encouraged American brands to step it up.

90Brougham350
07-21-05, 11:57 PM
Alrighty GM! Keep it up, keep us happy when we bring it in. Of course, this is for dealer's service departments, I doubt if the V guys would say that the "fantastic response" they've gotten from Caddy about the rear-end would be the same.

Brian