: Like Woa!

V-seriesTech
07-21-05, 09:34 AM
quick update,...

The last couple weeks have been a little hectic lately,...kinda driveing me, kinda crazy. Works been busy, and stressful,...trying to make/save money, hasn't been super easy but whatever,...i've been buying certain parts for my car, working on it here and there...either way,...it's been on a budget and it's been responding well to the light mods i've done. I've As a result of my workload, I haven't posted alot, or even been on the site too much ....my bad if I couldn't help with any questions.

Now that my light sob story is outta the way,...in the 1 month that I have owned my Corvette, i've been to the drag strip 4 times, and the autocross once which I competed in half the event, and still placed 2nd, and have gone well into the triple MPH digits on certain occasions.... What an awesome way to realive stress my brothers,....highly recommend some track time whenever your schedules permit. Hell take your woman and your kids,....they'll probably enjoy themselves.

Now the important stuff,...last night I went to the dragstrip. My previous best et was 13.001 @ 111.** with an LS6 intake, Z06 mufflers and coolant bypass. Well, I have since had problems with the mufflers, and had to remove them, and put the ugly, heavy, stock mufflers back on the car. I have also done a couple more mods. I have a LS6 MAF but, have not installed it yet, so instead I have a modified LS1 mass air meter, with composite ends that were given to me, a VARARAM ram air intake that I bought used, with K&N( I do have a race foam filter but haven't used it yet) I gutted the cats...and thats it.

my time last week....
13.001 @ 111.**MPH

my time last night....
12.58 @ 113.50 MPH
F*** YEAH!!!!!!!!! With a 1.9' 60 ft on STREET TIRES, not drag radials.

To top it off,...madman marco showed up at the track, in his supercharged CTS-V that i've done all the work to. His best time, was 13.00 @ 110 mph, 2.2 60ft

The car made 450rwhp very reserved, and safe. Since the tune, we've added a Lingenfelter cold air, and removed the cats in his B&B long tube headers(since one already blew out)....so that said, the car needs to be RE-dyno tuned, SOON....like this weekend.

Last night,....i ran in my car,....then we swapped cars. It was my first time ever on the "RACETRACK" in a CTS-V...

I went 12.95 @ 111.56 MPH with a 2.1 60ft time....banging gears.
Car wheel hops on the track, really really bad. But either way, I was happy to see, that the first time I hop in this car, I go twelves.....

........now for his re-tune and some anti-wheel hop gear.

...and now for my long tube headers and dyno tune for my car....and an X-pipe and some mufflers...:devil:

j-dawg out

CTSV05
07-21-05, 09:40 AM
Good to see you having fun with your car. It makes life easier to deal with.

V-seriesTech
07-21-05, 09:47 AM
Good to see you having fun with your car. It makes life easier to deal with.

I am man...I love it. Raceing, to me, rivals great sex.:yup:

BeelzeBob
07-21-05, 10:01 AM
South Florida, huh? Do you ever race at Moroso? I'd like to go one day and I'd have some real incentive if I saw your car there. I've only lived in Florida for about a year...

Flyboy
07-21-05, 10:04 AM
Jamie....Good show!!!!

I'm sure the drag radials would get rid of the wheel hop and the "V" could be mid 12's, perhaps....keep up the good work:drinker

V-seriesTech
07-21-05, 10:31 AM
South Florida, huh? Do you ever race at Moroso? I'd like to go one day and I'd have some real incentive if I saw your car there. I've only lived in Florida for about a year...

Sal, all my drag strip passes have been at Moroso. You should go sometime man,...like I've said, i've gone 4 weeks in a row to the track.... I'm almost always down. Send me a PM or email anytime Sal...

Jamie

V-seriesTech
07-21-05, 10:33 AM
Jamie....Good show!!!!

I'm sure the drag radials would get rid of the wheel hop and the "V" could be mid 12's, perhaps....keep up the good work:drinker

Thanks dawg...The car has hopping issues...big time. I couldn't even do a burnout with out looking like I had hydraulics. Drag radials, Kars kit, new bushing bulletin,...should be ready to rock and roll.

i need some radials for my ride too:D

alcindus
07-21-05, 11:53 AM
Good work jamie. Ill see you out there on my three hundred hp zx12. real soon . Got It back last weekend.

V-seriesTech
07-21-05, 01:11 PM
Good work jamie. Ill see you out there on my three hundred hp zx12. real soon . Got It back last weekend.

sweeeet