: New here

GreenMachine
07-21-05, 05:04 AM
I actually just got my license at the beginning of this month which gave me access to my dads/family car 1998 Cadillac Deville with all the goodies and a sun roof. Before that owned a 1992 Cadillac Deville with the 4.9 engine. Before that a 1989 Lincoln Town Car and before that a Oldsmobile Delta 88 (1988) before that a 1985 Pontiac Parisienne and thats all the cars I remember my father owning as I was born in 88. So as you can see I've always been surrounded, for lack of a better term, tanks.

I always remembered the times when on the highway or a stop light when my dad would challenge the guy next to him or show the "hot shot" in the little red sports car or import that his ride wasn't as fast as he thought. He'd Press the peddle of that 92 Cadillac down and watch the guy go from driver side to somewhere behind. Usually the guy would get up along side us at the next light and ask what we had under the hood, my dad would say "nothing the factory didn't put in".

Now the torch has passed (sort of, the 98 hasn't actually been given to me) I get to do that kind of stuff (but I try not to tell him that). I've always been a "Cadillac Kid" loving the big V8's and full-sized cars. I'm a big guy and all my friends are to, we're football players, most of which are linemen so you can imagine we need something big to move us all around in. I'm real interested in cars and how they work and have figured almost all the ins and outs of the 98 Deville by searching the net and reading the manual when something comes up.

Oh the user-name comes from my last name being Green and the 92 Cadillac which was the first I drove (do the math and you'll see that is a hush hush thing) and colored Green with changing shades as the sun hit it.

Heres is a picture of the car, kept the dealers website image of it. Doesn't have whitewalls anymore, tires were replaced with Pirelli P3000 Cinturato, my father and I highly recommend those tires to anyone who owns a Deville and wants an all season tire that handles snow like a winter tire and still has great performance/ride-comfort on a highway/dry conditions. Can't seem to figure out how to get a signature on here.

http://www.111thrangers.org/10thMountain/images/Cadillac.jpg
Heres a link to the most recent image: Kentucky Trip (http://www.111thrangers.org/10thMountain/images/Trip%20016.jpg)

CADDYBLACK99
07-21-05, 08:52 AM
:welcome: Greenmachine! 'tanks' for joining the forum.
Good luck!
Paul

D148L0
07-21-05, 01:04 PM
Welcome to the forums.

96CADDYDEVILLE
07-21-05, 01:25 PM
:welcome:

welcome to the forum!!

btw nice deville

Boombotz
07-22-05, 08:54 AM
:welcome: to the forums.

addison_ii
07-22-05, 11:53 PM
:welcome: to Cadillac Forums. I understand about being a GM/Caddy kid. My pops bought his first one when I was 5, and he worked for GM.

Oh the user-name comes from my last name being Green and the 92 Cadillac which was the first I drove (do the math and you'll see that is a hush hush thing) :sneaky:We gotcha, your secret is safe with us. Well unless there is a substantial reward for this info:) Just kidding.

cheech850
07-23-05, 09:55 AM
welcome, i used to have a 1985 Pontiac Parisienne. mine was called the "Beast"