: 97 Deville ran 278 Degrees..any chance i did not blow the heads?"

caddydippin
07-21-05, 12:21 AM
My 97 Deville Concours still runs real strong I just make sure that it has coolant. It runs with the temp gauge right in the middle (normal) when driving at regular speeds 50-65 mph. It does start to run hot when driven hard. Any suggestions?

Ranger
07-21-05, 01:53 PM
How hot? 278! Holy shit Batman, what were you thinking? Pressurize the cylinders with shop air and see what you've got.

caddydippin
07-21-05, 02:28 PM
Man....i was'nt driving...one of my stupid a#@ boys took my car and let it run hot...i just hope they didnt drive it too long when it was that hot. It still drives good now, its just that it runs hot after a while or when just idling for a long time....

I'm the same one you replied to about my 97 concours still runnin hot...please check back as i give you updates....i need your help!!!!

caddydippin
07-22-05, 03:35 PM
eveything seems AOK right now......i hope it keeps runnin good!!!!!! wish me luck....all i did was put a new presuure cap on so that the arrow lines up with the overflow hose and flushed the system and put some K W Block sealer in the hoses, drained , flushed and then refilled with Dexcool and some wetter water. Please pray for me that i fixed the problem.....thanks!