: Clutch dump video.....

HDMLNIUM
07-20-05, 08:08 PM
I Just came back from making a 15 second video clip. I wanted to show how my car now has zero wheelhop.. Atleast none that I have felt since doing the complete BMR kit.. That was the AWK, toe rods, trailing arms, and the pinion support. I haven't experienced any on the street, dry or wet, and none at the track even with the runflats so far. Now if we could just get a beefed up Diff for this car it would be very close to perfect in my opinion.
Anyway, if someone wants to host it we can get it up for all to see...

Bill

akm2k5
07-20-05, 08:10 PM
theres a couple of free hosts you can use..

Rapidshare.de

streetfire.net

putfile.com

Each one allows different file sizes to be uploaded..

And ill post some more in a few mins

HDMLNIUM
07-20-05, 08:16 PM
I'll give it a try. Thanks..

Here goes lets see if she works...

http://dl3.rapidshare.de/files/3220658/55037038/7-20-05-Burn.MPG

akm2k5
07-20-05, 08:28 PM
!!! Bad A$$!!! That was awsome man! Is the handling anybetter with the entire BMR kit? How about the ride?

ctsvett
07-20-05, 08:32 PM
you guys can ALways send something to me. Do you mind if I mirror on the FAQ?

Reed

HDMLNIUM
07-20-05, 08:43 PM
you guys can ALways send something to me. Do you mind if I mirror on the FAQ?

Reed

Not at all Reed... You are the man..:worship:

Bill

HDMLNIUM
07-20-05, 08:50 PM
!!! Bad A$$!!! That was awsome man! Is the handling anybetter with the entire BMR kit? How about the ride?

Thanks, next time I can talk my wife into standing on the side of the road with a video camera I will do it in 2nd gear.... :yup: haha

I think the ride and handling is great, will be lowering her about 3/4" all around and adding the FG2's very soon.
She does make some noises with all of these parts, but a fair trade off for no wheel hop in my opinion..

Bill

HDMLNIUM
07-20-05, 08:52 PM
Reed,

I am sending you a little something for my appreciation for all that you do...:thumbsup:

Bill

Geno
07-20-05, 08:58 PM
Hey Bill, that was awesome...love the smooth flow of power to the pavement, the mighty B&B rumble...hell I can smell the burning rubber:thumbsup:

DansCTSV
07-20-05, 09:09 PM
That's great! With the Specter Bushings and the BMR AWK I think I still get some hop. Although it does feel better between shifts. You think the toe rods, trailing arms, and the pinion support are making the big difference?

I guess I will wait and see what happens this Friday at the drags and if I still get a lot of hop I may be placing an order with BMR.

So about getting a bullet proof rear end. I would think DTE or someone could fabricate brackets to bolt in something. From reading their posts previously they seemed to imply that all the engineering costs were to eliminate the hop because they had to redesign the suspension. All we really need is a strong pumpkin and half shafts. How hard can that be?

Florian
07-20-05, 09:10 PM
I thought maybe that was the smell of a burning diff??? Nice vid!

F

ctsvett
07-20-05, 09:11 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/video/hdmlnium-burnout.html

Reed

Redline
07-20-05, 09:23 PM
Very nice, very nice indeed. What RPM did you launch from in the video? I've been playing around a bit & have found no hop (stock) at 3K feathered on most surfaces. Only thing is I've actually had the Stability engage (running comp mode)...

HDMLNIUM
07-20-05, 09:24 PM
I thought maybe that was the smell of a burning diff??? Nice vid!

F

They make more, and after all I am still on my first one...:shhh:

Dan,
I did the whole kit at the same time, so my best guess would be the complete kit is the way to go. I almost got the Kars system and from what I understand it is a great set-up. I think if anyone goes with the complete BMR kit, or the Stage III Kars kit you would be good to go.. Until the damn diff pops anyway... lol
I am looking forward to Friday, as of now my ship isn't coming in until Saturday and wont bother me for the track. We will get an update tomorrow and again on Friday, so as long as it doesn't make up any time I will see you at the track..
Your drag radial may be just the edge you need to keep the nose of you car in front of me going through the traps.. It will be fun either way... haha

Redline,
About 2500 to 3000 and going to full throttle as I let out the clutch..
Bill

CVP33
07-20-05, 09:48 PM
I just love the sound of gutted cats! Nice vid'.

HDMLNIUM
07-20-05, 09:54 PM
I just love the sound of gutted cats! Nice vid'.

lol, you got to do what you got to do... but it is fine with me...:cheers:

Rikmyster
07-20-05, 10:17 PM
Thanks, next time I can talk my wife into standing on the side of the road with a video camera :yup: haha
Maybe I can talk my mother-in-law into standing in the road as show what it looks like from a squirrel's point of view. Never mind, I don't want to mess up my car, it would be like running into a cliff.

HDMLNIUM
07-20-05, 10:24 PM
Maybe I can talk my mother-in-law into standing in the road as show what it looks like from a squirrel's point of view. Never mind, I don't want to mess up my car, it would be like running into a cliff.

:histeric: :yup: :thumbsup:

CTSV05
07-21-05, 01:11 AM
Kool.

Now lets see a launch at the track, it seems these cars are always better behaved on the street for some reason.

I know mine was.

urbanski
07-21-05, 07:52 AM
:histeric: :yup: :thumbsup:
FYI Todd @ prodyno.com shipped our x-pipes 2 days ago. Shipping to Maine takes 39 days :D :p ;)