: 0-60 V-8 AWD Solved?

mkoranda
07-20-05, 12:40 PM
Just returned from the dealership. Complained of power loss after ECU reflash and drive train lash at 30 mph. Service manager showed me TSBs on both issues and reprogrammed the ECU and TCU as per the TSBs.

The repair invoice states as follows:

Concern: Owner states engine lack power when accelerating since ECU was reprogrammed. Cause: Tech Bulletin to Reprogram ECM. Correction: Reprogrammed the ECM as per bulletin #04-07-30-044.

Concern: Can hear a whine from the drive train -- 30 mph. Cause: Follwed Tech Bulletin. Correction: Reprogramed the TCM. Remaining noise is considered normal.

I drove the vehicle about 30 miles and it seemed to have all of its power back! It also shifted much smoother than before. I'll drive it some more and post my observations.

john d
07-20-05, 03:13 PM
Just returned from the dealership. Complained of power loss after ECU reflash and drive train lash at 30 mph. Service manager showed me TSBs on both issues and reprogrammed the ECU and TCU as per the TSBs.

The repair invoice states as follows:

Concern: Owner states engine lack power when accelerating since ECU was reprogrammed. Cause: Tech Bulletin to Reprogram ECM. Correction: Reprogrammed the ECM as per bulletin #04-07-30-044.

Concern: Can hear a whine from the drive train -- 30 mph. Cause: Follwed Tech Bulletin. Correction: Reprogramed the TCM. Remaining noise is considered normal.

I drove the vehicle about 30 miles and it seemed to have all of its power back! It also shifted much smoother than before. I'll drive it some more and post my observations.

First -The ECM reflash listed in your repair order per the bulletin #04-07-30-044 (which came from Cadillac with a date of "December, 2004) you cited is the same bulletin # that is THE reflash that is the problem reflash.
Second - Others on this Forum have said the service departments "normal" diagonisis is in their opinion bogus. It may be considered normal but only if the "normal" includes a design problem. Or, all SRX's are making the same noise which other vehicles don't and the SRX shouldn't, but does due to enginerring or manufacturing failures to which Cadillac won't admit and fix. Like the drivetrain lash.

Please use a stop watch of some kind and tell us your 0-60, 0-50, and
0-40 times.
According to Motor Trend tests times should be in the neighborhood of:
0-60 6.4
0-50 4.8
0-40 3.4
As you may have read in this Forum those of us reflashed are not getting much better than 8 .something for the 0-60 Mine's running 8.9 0-60.
Thanks

mkoranda
07-20-05, 09:14 PM
I agree that the reflash called for in TSB #04-07-30-044 is the origin of the problem. Isn't it possible, however, that they might be using a different version of the reflash software? I say this because the service manager told me that new reflash software was released last week. In any event, the vehicle seems much faster and smoother than before. Is there any way to check which software release is on the ECU?

john d
07-20-05, 10:08 PM
mkoranda - All good questions ... don't know the answers but sure would be great if they were in our favor!
My dealer is still waiting on a response/direction from Caadillac TAC (Technical Assistance Center) to the 0-60 issue. Will you do some timed runs for us?

syrob@MSN.COM
07-21-05, 07:25 AM
Hey Guys,

A fix would be great. However I have whines from every end of this SRX.

1 First whine started at 66-74 mph from rear only, prior to flash.

2 Now get funny "grudge" noise at lower speeds at times and a viable intensity and pitch whine at all low speeds. New over last 3k...

Are any of you also hearing strange drive train noises ?

SYROB

robhersch
12-10-10, 11:31 PM
First -The ECM reflash listed in your repair order per the bulletin #04-07-30-044 (which came from Cadillac with a date of "December, 2004) you cited is the same bulletin # that is THE reflash that is the problem reflash.
Second - Others on this Forum have said the service departments "normal" diagonisis is in their opinion bogus. It may be considered normal but only if the "normal" includes a design problem. Or, all SRX's are making the same noise which other vehicles don't and the SRX shouldn't, but does due to enginerring or manufacturing failures to which Cadillac won't admit and fix. Like the drivetrain lash.

Please use a stop watch of some kind and tell us your 0-60, 0-50, and
0-40 times.
According to Motor Trend tests times should be in the neighborhood of:
0-60 6.4
0-50 4.8
0-40 3.4
As you may have read in this Forum those of us reflashed are not getting much better than 8 .something for the 0-60 Mine's running 8.9 0-60.
Thanks

The above is related to N*V8 SRX, but suspect that the V6 could have similar "reprogram" effects.
robhersch