: V Vs. Rs6

byucelt
07-20-05, 12:31 PM
Gentleman, this morning as I was going to work East bound on the 8 in sunny So.Cal I notice a vehicle approach me to my right. I think nothing of it until I hear this motorboat sound and before I knew it the car to my right was 30 yards in front of me. Obviously, this is a signal to wake up the V. As I approach the car I realize that IT is an Audi RS6. As soon as we get a clearing we both take off!!! The V rode the RS6 tail like a NASCAR champ. The only real mistake I made is I did not take the traction off so my shift from 3rd to 4th kicked it on and had me lose a few steps. We both went our seperate ways and gave a respectful wave off as we did. I think that the gentleman in his 80K car thought he would just teach the V a lesson, well, I guess he will think twice next time.

naiculnila
07-20-05, 12:37 PM
I love it! I've had my V for over 2K miles and i'm yet to run into anyone yet!
Only car i ran was a C6 and lost miserably!

Drift-caddy
07-20-05, 12:46 PM
nononnon you did not lose, you simply found out that you need to put some mods on the car. Bring it on down and lets get it fixed up for you. Then you can do some hunting and get some kills

sefa01
07-20-05, 01:11 PM
If you go up against it on a track, you'll probably lose. The all-wheel drive is a big advantage. And if the track is wet...

From personal experience.

byucelt
07-20-05, 01:28 PM
The all-wheel drive is an advantage but if i was to spend 10K on modifying the suspension, wheels and tires to be as perfect as they could ever be, the RS6 AWD would not have as much of an advantage and i would still have a car that costs 25K less. Also, the RS6 is an automatic/tip which will not be able to pull out of corners and give the driver as much control as the V. That's my oppinon!!

kimcheejeegae
07-20-05, 01:37 PM
The all-wheel drive is an advantage but if i was to spend 10K on modifying the suspension, wheels and tires to be as perfect as they could ever be, the RS6 AWD would not have as much of an advantage and i would still have a car that costs 25K less. Also, the RS6 is an automatic/tip which will not be able to pull out of corners and give the driver as much control as the V. That's my oppinon!!

Even if you put that much money into suspension... the RS6's AWD will still have an advantage... they did in speed vision GT.. they did in the Lemans with their R8 prototype (which has dominated since it's inception years ago) but were not allowed to run AWD on the R8s because of an "unfair advantage"...

VELOSE
07-20-05, 02:10 PM
If you were tailing it like a nascar champ, he possibly would've left you or vice versa, you could've passed him up with more room. You were drafting it and that is why you kept up with it. I did that once with an older M3 and my GTI VR6. He would've left me but, I drafted him to keep up. I eventually did get past him but very slowly.

Either way, sounds like we have a chance against it stock for stock. ;)

byucelt
07-20-05, 10:09 PM
Actually the RS6 is an amazing car but its not much quicker if at all then an M5, and the V is supposedly an M5 beater. Anyhow the Audi has a 4.2 versus the V's 5.7 the RS6 does have 450hp and 420tq versus the V's 400 hp and 395tq. Remember gentleman horspower sells cars, torque wins races!! Athough the V is short 25 in the torque dept it does weigh 400 pound less and has the manual tranny.

Vdrenaline
07-20-05, 10:28 PM
I took a very surprised RS6 coming out of an EZPass tollbooth on the Garden State Parkway in New Jersey. It was a rolling start from 15 MPH. If it was from a dead stop he might have beaten me. Instead I beat him but only just. After I backed off, he came up next to me with a look of disbelief but then gave me the thumbs up. I actually ordered an RS6, but after driving it was dissappointed with the slow paddle-shifting automatic transmision. It didn't shift immediately enough for me. Great car though. Twice in February I wish I had bought it. The rest of the time I'm glad I bought the V.

Vrocks
07-20-05, 10:51 PM
If a car is setup well the AWD is an advantage but I thought the RS6 wasn't a great handling car. I thought it was more of a straight line machine and it was like driving a plow out on a race track. The CTS-V out handles the S4, so I'd assume that it would out handle the bigger and heavier RS6 (unless the track is wet).

byucelt
07-21-05, 12:00 PM
I really don't think that there is any other sedans out there that can really teach the V a lesson other then the 55 and 65 AMG series from Mercedes.

VELOSE
07-21-05, 01:09 PM
I really don't think that there is any other sedans out there that can really teach the V a lesson other then the 55 and 65 AMG series from Mercedes.

True but, except for the C55, I think the rest of the models are supercharged. Therefore, it's only fair we have a supercharger too. :D