: Whats this car?

RBraczyk
07-20-05, 06:05 AM
I know what it is, and the hood emblum is evident, but this is one very rare car. The guy who owns it lives a few streets away from me, but here it is.

mccombie_5
07-20-05, 08:07 AM
BMW Z8, as seen in a James Bond movie i belive, they are quite rare and were very expensive, a bit of a sales flop actually.

ShadowLvr400
07-20-05, 02:33 PM
BMW Z8, powered by a 4.9 V8 pushing some 394 horses. A weaker Alpina package was available with a 375 horse V8. Only made 2000-2003

mccombie_5
07-20-05, 02:52 PM
I heard they handled like soap...

Blackout
07-20-05, 03:45 PM
Its a BMW Z8. Fast cars and expensive as hell. It was a limited production car so I think that is why it was so expensive

Kev
07-20-05, 04:29 PM
:bouncy: Ooh! Ooh! Lemme guess! Is it a BMW Z8? I think they were made only a few years? Weren't they fast and expensive? Over rated too I thought?

Am I right?! Am I right?!

oh goody goody!!

*lol*

Generously brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department

Brett
07-20-05, 04:54 PM
As I recall BMW guaranteed owners that original parts would be available from the factory until at least 2050 or something like that, in an attempt to assure the cars would be "classics".

Kev
07-20-05, 04:55 PM
As I recall BMW guaranteed owners that original parts would be available from the factory until at least 2050 or something like that, in an attempt to assure the cars would be "classics".That sounds like an expensive propostion in itself. Wow.

RBraczyk
07-20-05, 05:32 PM
You're all right. Now I gotta find the guy and get a ride. I'm afraid it may cost some head, but worth it. ;)

addison_ii
07-20-05, 06:31 PM
You're all right. Now I gotta find the guy and get a ride. I'm afraid it may cost some head, but worth it. ;)
:histeric:

TomDeville
07-21-05, 12:38 AM
Either way, the costs are
prohibitive. ;)

:coolgleam

Ralph
07-21-05, 01:22 AM
Yup, they were around $180,000 Canuck! there was a restaurant owner here and he ordered one and part of the sale was it had to remain in the showroom for a few weeks so everyone could finally see one. I took some good pics, if I can find them.....nice silver-blue color.

Actually one of our forum members here owns one in Switzerland, Pascal.....

Jesda
07-21-05, 01:36 AM
The sad thing about the Z8 is that the performance did not meet the price. For what it cost, there were better vehicles out there from British, American, and Italian automakers.

Ralph
07-21-05, 01:39 AM
The sad thing about the Z8 is that the performance did not meet the price. For what it cost, there were better vehicles out there from British, American, and Italian automakers.

A small price to pay to be "Exclusive" and truly "limited." THAT makes them special.

If it was good enough for James Bond, it was good enough for many.....

DopeStar 156
07-21-05, 02:02 AM
That's a BMW Z8. I can tell because everyone said that's what it is. See that? *Points* Dead give away.

majax
07-21-05, 02:14 AM
That is the one Bond got choped in half...good movie.

Ralph
07-21-05, 02:17 AM
That is the one Bond got choped in half...good movie.

Was that "The World is Not Enough?" 1999? The first part of that movie was good, but the last half bored me.

Now Constantine, was Awsome! :shhh: :p

majax
07-21-05, 02:20 AM
Oh no, it was great when he finally killed the King chick! Also, it was great when M got locked up!

To bad Zerchovsky is dead.

Jesda
07-21-05, 07:22 PM
If it was good enough for James Bond, it was good enough for many.....

Bond drove Toyotas too.

Ralph
07-21-05, 08:33 PM
Bond drove Toyotas too.

Everyone, even Bond gets drunk once in a while.

mccombie_5
07-21-05, 08:36 PM
Hahaha, very good Ralph, back in the Aston now though. Bentley for bond would be nice....

Ralph
07-21-05, 08:39 PM
Hahaha, very good Ralph, back in the Aston now though. Bentley for bond would be nice....

I think he was in a Toyota only once in "You Only Live Twice" (1967) and it wasn't even his car, from what I recall, it was his Japanese contacts'.

I can see him in a Continental GT, with the appropriate modifications. ;)

mccombie_5
07-21-05, 08:44 PM
Yes, i didn't think it was the norm for swarve British guys like bond and I to drive Toyotas....

Ralph
07-21-05, 08:46 PM
bond and I

:2thumbs: ;)

mccombie_5
07-21-05, 08:48 PM
I say that as i straighten my club striped tie and pull my blazer together :eyebrow:

Ralph
07-21-05, 08:57 PM
I say that as i straighten my club striped tie and pull my blazer together :eyebrow:

While underwater in a hybrid jet-boat gunship. :shhh: :sneaky: That was a cool scene.

BTW, did you know that a Canadian company built that little jet boat (and build many for other purposes) for "The World is Not Enough." :shhh: :)

http://www.rmrboats.com/bond.htm

mccombie_5
07-21-05, 09:03 PM
While underwater in a hybrid jet-boat gunship. :shhh: :sneaky: That was a cool scene.

BTW, did you know that a Canadian company built that little jet boat (and build many for other purposes) for "The World is Not Enough." :shhh: :)

http://www.rmrboats.com/bond.htm

Cooooooool scene
I want one! And a river to use it in. Hey hey go Canada, best women (Avril ;)) they make all Americas cars :hide: and they make James Bond's little boat :coolgleam

Ralph
07-21-05, 09:06 PM
Canada, they make all Americas cars

:eek: :shhh: :sneaky:

:hide:

mccombie_5
07-21-05, 09:08 PM
When people see this we will be tortured.. I blame you you are a bad influence :lildevil:

Ralph
07-21-05, 09:11 PM
When people see this we will be tortured.. I blame you you are a bad influence :lildevil:

If I "Go Down" with the Yanks, I'm NOT GOING DOWN ALONE!!! :sneaky: :D

At least I'll still have Supafly to comfort me. :p

mccombie_5
07-21-05, 09:13 PM
haha! Well the above remarks are true..... :D :helpless: Hmmm how much do those little boats cost?

Ralph
07-21-05, 09:18 PM
haha! Well the above remarks are true..... :D :helpless: Hmmm how much do those little boats cost?

I don't know, but you can always go to Montreal and take a jet-boat tour for cheap..........and then "Happy Hour" at St. Pauls' Pub.

http://www.jetboatingmontreal.com/english/index.html

It's only a one-seater, but Supa and I will "squeeze in" just nicely. :D :drinker

mccombie_5
07-21-05, 09:20 PM
I don't know, but you can always go to Montreal and take a jet-boat tour for cheap..........

http://www.jetboatingmontreal.com/english/index.html

It's only a one-seater, but Supa and I will "squeeze in" just nicely. :D :drinker

hahaha! Hmmmm I can get something like that by letting my wife drive :hide:
Hmmm i wonder if Avril would mind a go in the boat.....

DopeStar 156
07-21-05, 11:35 PM
I dunno, James Bond isn't much of a spy in my opinion. He drives a flashy car, stands out everywhere he goes. The key to being a spy is staying unnoticed. My all time favorite spy is Snake from the Metal Gear Solid series games. He's 8 times more bad ass.
http://www.bttw.co.uk/stills/images/0183.jpg http://www.psplounge.com/gallery/files/7/V6010009.JPG

Ralph
07-21-05, 11:44 PM
I dunno, James Bond isn't much of a spy in my opinion. He drives a flashy car, stands out everywhere he goes. The key to being a spy is staying unnoticed.

Exactly, and another thing I could never make sense of is that he goes around using his REAL NAME!!! "Hello, my name is Bond, James Bond." :suspense: :helpless: So much for secret identities. :shhh: :p Or secret agents protecting their identities.

I'd still like to know what type of pistol that is from that promotional pic. Dr. No?? It looks like an air gun. :helpless:

DopeStar 156
07-22-05, 03:58 AM
The cool thing about Snake is he's got even cooler gadgets than Bond! Snake's got the internal radar he uses to spot guards in the area before he even sees them, introvenus nanomachines that administer curative medicines directly into his blood stream, and he communicates with the Codec, a tiny little device that directly stimulates the small bones of his ear so only he can hear it. The whole MGS back story is fascinating, PM me Ralph if you wanna hear the rest. I can go on for pages.

Ralph
07-22-05, 04:13 AM
I know, I used to play that game for ps1, and it was incredible back then!! As good as Resident Evil 2.

The 2 way communication with the Codec was impressive, etc. Taking diazapan to calm the nerves to shoot straight...fighting tanks by throwing gernades at it in the snow......

But Bond got the girls and he took showers more often. :devil: :cool:

:hide:

DopeStar 156
07-22-05, 11:31 AM
But Bond got the girls and he took showers more often. :devil: :cool:

:hide:Haha, have you played MGS3? This incredibly attractive girl who's your informant keeps trying to put the moves on Snake, and he just snuffs her. Snake's too cool for bitches.

Ralph
07-22-05, 02:59 PM
Haha, have you played MGS3? This incredibly attractive girl who's your informant keeps trying to put the moves on Snake, and he just snuffs her. Snake's too cool for bitches.

LOL, she was the best part of the game, that and the excellent graphics and smooth gameplay.