: Pinion Support Bracker

patentguy
07-19-05, 09:03 PM
Rookie question:

Does the BMR pinion support bracket really work?
How simple is the install?

David.:hmm:

willsctsv
07-19-05, 09:10 PM
Very simple, I have it. You will have a little gear whine transfered into the car. The bushing is harder than stock, that's why. I don't know how much it helped, because I did the mod with the BMR AWK. Seems like a good mod if you drive this car hard, and most of us on this forum do!

HDMLNIUM
07-19-05, 09:37 PM
I did the BMR Pinion support with the BMR AWK, toe rods, and trailing arms all together and it made a big difference in my opinion. I do have gear whine now that I never had before and the bars do make some noise. But, if it helps to keep this car from breaking I can live with the added noises.

Bill

adderall
07-20-05, 12:22 PM
What have I done? That was what I was asking myself after hearing the noise. I was going to take it off but after a few days of hard runs off the line I decided it was worth it. At 72 mph I get a harmonic ring in the cabin. I have asked around but I seem to be the only one. My mech is going to check it out this week.

HDMLNIUM
07-20-05, 06:46 PM
I have only done this about 5 times since the whole kit has been on, so don't think this is an everyday thing.. lol

But I can rev her up dump the clutch, I get zero and I mean zero wheel hop and can burn the tires down the road. I will see if I can get my wife to take a little video of it doing it tonight so someone can host it. Rain, dry pavement, at the track, it doesn't matter.... No more hop here.... a little noise is a fair trade off for being able to drive the car without having to worry about the hop. :thumbsup:
Now if we could just get better/ stronger diffs we would have a great car...:yup:

Bill

LV_V
07-20-05, 07:10 PM
But I can rev her up dump the clutch, I get zero and I mean zero wheel hop and can burn the tires down the road. Rain, dry pavement, at the track, it doesn't matter.... No more hop here....

Lucky..... :banghead:

HDMLNIUM
07-20-05, 07:42 PM
Lucky, yes most likely.... :shhh:

Back from making a 15 second video clip, no hop at all....
Just need a host for it..:thumbsup:
It was a 1st gear burn, I should have done it in second gear and she would have looked a hell of a lot more impressive.. :yup: :burn:

Bill

adderall
07-20-05, 07:48 PM
What kind of tires are you running?

HDMLNIUM
07-20-05, 07:51 PM
Stock runflats... until they need to be replaced...