Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Pic's of my new ATS with splash guards / Mud Flaps

10K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  knackll 
#1 · (Edited)
So I have been looking for a set of splash guards for my ATS and to this day have been unsuccessful. So, I finally purchased a set of 15" x 9" splash guards and custom mounted them today. I spent most of the day measuring, drilling, and mounting these splash guards. I had to use anchors, screws, spacers, and auto push fasteners to mount them. It was a pain to say the least. There is nothing to mount them to. The inner wheel wheel is made of fabric lining.

I still can not believe Cadillac has not designed a set of these for the ATS. I have looked hard for some and have yet to see a set on an ATS besides mine.

I would of preferred a set of molded ones, but they do not exist and I needed them to be functional. I purchased the car in December and have not driven it yet because of the harsh winter we have had. There is lees than 200 miles on this car and I did not want the rock salt and debris to chip the black paint on the rocker panels. I have seen other options mentioned on some other forums but did not like those options (clear cover of some sort). I wanted a set of splash guards. I have them on my other car & truck and they do a great job of protecting the paint.

These really work good and they are not that visible. What I can see of them I like.

knackll

Attachments

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
Nice idea. They blend well with the Black Raven.

BTW, your photos really capture the great look of the ATS rear end. GM better not get rid of the third brakelight spoiler in favor of the integrated slit brakelight on the 2015 ATS coupe. That brakelight spoiler is one of the best styling characteristics of the ATS sedan IMO.

#9 ·
Thank you, the more I look at it the more I like it. IMO, I do not think it stand out too much. I ran into a couple at my local dealer that have a red 2013. They commented about it and want to do have the dealer mount a set for them.

----------

I definitely agree that the car has a very nice shape to it.

Thank you!

----------

Thank you!
You did a professional calibre job . . . and they are not too conspicuous on the Black Raven color . . . a practical solution to helping to keep your Black Raven vehicle clean! Your Premium ATS-4 is a real "Black Beauty!"

#12 ·
No offense taken.
Thanks,

----------

My white diamond tricoat gets absolutely splattered with winter road dirt! Your solution looks great, but wouldn't go with a white car, and too much trouble, from your description. I wish caddy offered them as an option.
Actually, I think the black would look good up against the white. But yes, you will need a good part of a day and need to have drill bits, anchors, a car jack etc.
Not a job for someone not mechanically incline.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.