: My 05 V6 Srx Is Killing Me!

italiantnt
07-19-05, 04:03 PM
Ok..no Joke Im Going For Like 150 Week In Gas, Grant It I Do Travel 40 Miles To Work And 40 Miles Home So Roughly 85 90 Miles A Day But Still My Cts Was No Where Near This ...anybody Going For Gas Like Crazy Too...whats You Avge Gas Milg

caddydaddy
07-19-05, 04:07 PM
What is your average MPG's?

Larry05
07-19-05, 04:17 PM
Not at bad as trying to read a post wherein initial letters are capitalized.

Do you do this at work or do you even have a job?

gjnockie
07-19-05, 10:09 PM
My 05 V-6 is getting between 16.8 to 17.1 mpg around town (no Hwy) with 1900 miles on it. I am strickly using reg. gas, it runs just fine!

Larry05
07-20-05, 11:10 AM
Get right at 17 in city. Highway can get upwards to 24, depending on how fast I am driving and road quality. A smooth asphalt will give better mileage than concrete. Really understood this when I use to do ALOT of cycling - loved the smooth asphalt. You could immediately tell the difference when you hit that - either could go faster, or effort dropped off noticeably.

stlgasman
07-20-05, 02:50 PM
I wish I got 17 in the city on my V6 AWD. Don't complain.

inline6
07-20-05, 03:56 PM
Our 04 V6 AWD gets between 16.8 and 17.2 in town and averaged about 22 running mostly 73 on cruise with some serious elevation changes while on the freeway.

greenstingray
07-20-05, 08:22 PM
I have an 04 v6 awd; I have about 23,000 the milage has gotten lot better; 23-24 on the highway @ 70mph. I dont know if its the gas I am using or maybe the engine and drive train have finally broken in. Any way what are you people paying for gas? In N.J. regular at about 2.14 and high test at 2.30.

BANK
07-21-05, 02:10 AM
I do not understand. Even if you get 10 mpg and drive 450 (90 miles per day x 5 days)miles per week thats only 45 gallons. At $3 per gallon that's only $135.00. Do you have a hole in the tank?

italiantnt
07-21-05, 12:08 PM
This Is For Larry......do I Have A Job?...well I Bought My Car Cash!.....i Guess I Work A Lil Bit!...thanks To Everyone.

Larry05
07-21-05, 06:01 PM
This Is For Larry......do I Have A Job?...well I Bought My Car Cash!.....i Guess I Work A Lil Bit!...thanks To Everyone.

Glad you do, because I would not hire you. But then, I expect people to properly use the English language (even though I just split an infinitive :rolleyes2).

caddydaddy
07-22-05, 08:56 AM
Why do people always insist on flaming each other on these forums? Just talk about Cadillacs!

rprokorym
07-24-05, 09:41 PM
We have an 04 awd V8 with 17,000 mile on it. We just returned from a 900 mile road trip, about half back roads and half interstate at 75mph. Average gas mileage using mid grade for the entire trip was 18.4

Ray

dkozloski
07-28-05, 02:25 PM
Larry05, a split infinitive is something up with which I will not put.

Larry05
07-28-05, 05:13 PM
Larry05, a split infinitive is something up with which I will not put.

Proper English does not always work, does it. In this usage, "it" has a definite antecedant.

lkamm
07-31-05, 08:40 PM
:coolgleam SRX 2004 V8 AWD with now 25,000 miles.

I'm getting (never better than) 14.8 MPG. Always city driving in HOT Las Vegas, Nevada. Must use 91 octane at average local cost of $2.65 per gallon.

I enjoy my ride and it's worth every cent, however I do hope the gas prices will decline soon! Only a year ago it was $1.69 per gallon!

We also have a 2004 29' motorhome that gets 10 mpg on a Ford V10.

My wife's car is a 2003 Prius at 45-66 MPG!!

Playdrv4me
08-05-05, 02:45 AM
Glad you do, because I would not hire you. But then, I expect people to properly use the English language.

Do you understand the following?...

GET OVER YOURSELF. This is a car forum, not an english language correspondence course. There is absolutely no need to be harrassing another member simply because he does not speak or type the way YOU feel fit. What really bugs me is the fact that perhaps, as is often the case here, this member's first language might not even BE English. Hurling insults like that is a terrible way to make a new member feel welcome, regardless of where they reside or their manipulation (or lack thereof) of the language.

Geez... and people wonder why there is so much hate in the world these days.

CeeFive
08-19-05, 07:48 PM
I can't believe they don't have an overdrive in these things that drop the RPM's at 60 or 70. My Corvette with 400+ horsepower gets 28 on the open road. This car should be doing better than it is.They must be tied in with the oil companies or something.

Larry05
08-19-05, 08:08 PM
Do you understand the following?...

GET OVER YOURSELF. This is a car forum, not an english language correspondence course. There is absolutely no need to be harrassing another member simply because he does not speak or type the way YOU feel fit. What really bugs me is the fact that perhaps, as is often the case here, this member's first language might not even BE English. Hurling insults like that is a terrible way to make a new member feel welcome, regardless of where they reside or their manipulation (or lack thereof) of the language.

Geez... and people wonder why there is so much hate in the world these days.

As you wish.

BrettM
08-22-05, 10:08 AM
hey larry05 --at least he used "too" in the right context!

BrettM
08-22-05, 10:35 AM
I am going through a lot of gas too. It seems as though every time I get in, it is on "E". The thing that is strange, I never add just a few gallons. I always fill it the whole way. A few days later, and not much driving, and it is on empty again. I think the tank is under sized as well. Our oldsmobile van that we had before this, had a 28 gallon tank for a six cylinder, so maybe thats why this car is always on "e". I have a vette as well, and it is much better on gas than this car. If you dont "get on it" around town, I can get close to 20mpg with the vette and much better than that on the highway. The srx's tank is rather small for a v-8 but the vette has the same size tank, and I don't seem to be on empty half as much as the srx. I love my SRX but so do the oil companies. Buy options on crude oil futures and heating oil. The profits will pay for your price increase at the pump and then some. Every dollar a barrel oil goes up, you make about 1000.00 per option contract. You can lose you option fee only, and not get "in the hole" like you can with regular futures contracts. If oil is at 65 and goes to 70, you just made 5 G's when you sell the contract. After a while of trading oil, you will be praying for gas (crude oil prices) prices to go higher.

10cars
08-24-05, 02:45 PM
We only get between 12 - 13 mpg (V8 2004, 11,000 miles). We also have a 97 Corvette that gets over 20 mpg in Atlanta traffic. We use high octane and do admit to using all available horse power without regard to being practical, but that is why we prefer the higher performance vehicles. We enjoyed better gas mileage on the SRX before we had the ECM reflash. Now that the problems with the transmission have resolved, still enjoying the ride even though its expensive.

john d
08-24-05, 11:47 PM
Thought Cadillac had overlooked securing the gas filler door with a lock opened via an inside remote button or lever to thwart gas theft.
Guess they knew gas would be burned so quickly that little would be left to siphon when you reached your destination!