: End Cap for Roof Rack on Escalade

xunique
07-19-05, 03:46 PM
Does anyone know where to get the end caps for a 2003 Escalade? I don't want to spend $500 getting a new roof rack and all I need is the end cap on the driver side.

firedawg911
07-20-05, 05:04 PM
I had the same thing happen to me when I had my 2002 Escalade. It was covered under warranty. My Cadillac dealer replaced it free of charge. If your 'Lade is still under warranty I would take it in. If it is already out of warranty I would still ask. You will be surprised what you can get from a dealer if you ask.

xunique
07-21-05, 02:40 PM
Thanks, I am not sure about the warranty...i will have to check on that...but otherwise the dealer was really shitty with me.

jahngga
07-21-05, 10:00 PM
Thanks, I am not sure about the warranty...i will have to check on that...but otherwise the dealer was really shitty with me.

Since you have an 03, you should still be under warranty unless you exceeded 50,000 miles. If not, take it in and be FIRM.

firedawg911
07-22-05, 11:42 AM
That's true. You have to be firm. I took my 02 Escalade in because the leather on the driver's seat was cracked and bits of leather missing with only 20,000 miles on it, totally unacceptable for a vehicle that cost so much. The service manager told my wife that they couldn't do anything because it was "normal wear and tear". I didn't settle for that and contacted the owner of the dealership. He immediately told his service manager to order the replacement "skin" for the seat. They installed the new leather free of charge. Don't always settle for the first answer you get from the service manager. If all else fails, you can contact the regional Cadillac customer service representative.

xunique
07-25-05, 03:44 PM
Thanks everyone, I found the part number and called the stupid dealer and they helped me. I think the first person I talked to was an idiot. But I got it.

1knight1
07-26-05, 02:04 AM
That's true. You have to be firm. I took my 02 Escalade in because the leather on the driver's seat was cracked and bits of leather missing with only 20,000 miles on it, totally unacceptable for a vehicle that cost so much. The service manager told my wife that they couldn't do anything because it was "normal wear and tear". I didn't settle for that and contacted the owner of the dealership. He immediately told his service manager to order the replacement "skin" for the seat. They installed the new leather free of charge. Don't always settle for the first answer you get from the service manager. If all else fails, you can contact the regional Cadillac customer service representative.

You got new seats for yours? Damn it, I just went over my factory warrant, a few days ago. My fronts seats and 2nd row, are cracking. I wish I went in before the manufacture warrant expired. I brought extended warrant, maybe they will still replace it.

firedawg911
07-26-05, 10:32 PM
Yeah, that is a shame that your warranty just expired by a few days. I would still try to contact the dealer or if they don't want to play I would contact the regional customer service manager. I know that a lot of people have trouble with premature wear of the leather on the seats. As much as these vehicles cost the seats should be covered with a much higher quality leather. If you have the extended warranty it might just cover the seat also. Good luck. Let us know your outcome.