: Going to dyno tonight

HDMLNIUM
07-19-05, 01:09 PM
Ok, I am going back to the dyno tonight to get my numbers in SAE since that is the prefered way that people like to see them. I have my AeroForce scan gauge in now and plan on recording a couple of the parameters durring the dyno pull. What would people like to see?? I was thinking timing advance and what other one??? I know I get zero knock retard so that one would be a waste unless you just want to look at zero's.. lol Just post before 4pm and we can decide then..

Bill

lawfive
07-19-05, 01:14 PM
Ok, I am going back to the dyno tonight to get my numbers in SAE since that is the prefered way that people like to see them. I have my AeroForce scan gauge in now and plan on recording a couple of the parammeters durring the dyno pull. What would people like to see?? I was thinking timing advance and what other one??? I know I get zero knock retard so that one would be a waste unless you just want to look at zero's.. lol Just post before 4pm and we can decide then..

Bill

How about "Differential life remaining"?

HDMLNIUM
07-19-05, 01:18 PM
How about "Differential life remaining"?

lol, that is a good one.... To bad the AeroForce scan gauge can't monitor that parameter.....:histeric:

Bill

trukk
07-19-05, 04:21 PM
lol, that is a good one.... To bad the AeroForce scan gauge can't monitor that parammeter.....:histeric:

Bill

My magic eight ball can though:

'My Sources Say YES (your diff will fail)'

-Chris

HDMLNIUM
07-19-05, 04:38 PM
My magic eight ball can though:

'My Sources Say YES (your diff will fail)'

-Chris

You guys trying to jinx me or what?? One remark about the pansy diff was probably enough... Now I am screwed, I know it.... lol

I am leaving in about a half hour to head to the dyno, I guess there isn't much interest in how safe the tune is?? I know some people wanted dyno runs data logged to see how the cars are running to go with the dyno sheet. This is the best I can do right now, but soon I will be using LS1 edit, or EFI live to datalog.
Anyway, I will post later tonight that my diff is still in one piece along with the dyno sheet in SAE correction method.

Bill

trukk
07-19-05, 04:58 PM
I must admit that when I had my car dyno'd, it made me cringe a bit, when the car was up around 6k RPMS. It sounds SO FREAKIN LOUD from behind, that you are just waiting for the BOOM. On my last run, I bounced the rev limiter (first time), and and for a split second, my bowels loosened (sounded like an automatic shotgun going off.)

-Chris

HDMLNIUM
07-19-05, 05:14 PM
I know what you mean, you are just waiting for something to pop.. haha I bring her up high 6's to about 7k before I shut her down, rev limit is set at 7200.... lol

If she pops, it will just give me a good reason to build a new motor for her.. Don't tell the wife that though..:shhh: :devillaug

Off to the Dyno...:getaway: :burn: :cheers:

Bill

Anyway, just got back from the dyno, decided to wait until tomorrow or Thursday after work since it was 96 degrees and 84 percent humidity in the shop.. It wouldn't have been very good numbers or a good comparison with these weather conditions and I will be sure to make it there before I go to the track on Friday.
Bill