: 99 owner with too many ?'s

istrokedmine
07-19-05, 11:09 AM
well i spent 3 hrs looking through this site and i was able to find some anwsers to the questions i have. but here are the ones that i found nothing on

questions about 24 inch rims
can they hold up to towing a 5000lb 26 ft cruiser boat?
or at least hold up to a car trailer with my mustang on it?

would the rotor upgrade be good enough for the 24's?

i have seen many aftermarket grills. the only thing i really dont care for is when they have no emblem. do they attach just by doublesided tape?

if you have a bad azzzz grill please feel free to post up a picture. i have a white 99 btw

i have a stereo system and was wonering about the alt. upgrade. i plan on getting the jl audio 1000/1 amp. what have you guys come across that would be best for this setup?

thanks for putting up with the new guy and reading my post:D

99escalademan
07-19-05, 11:56 AM
Search my previous posts on street scene grille, I have a few pictures up.

The emblems attatch with double sided 3m tape.

I have that jL 1000.1, it is a great setup. I have it running 3 mtx 5500's and it shakes the earth.

istrokedmine
07-19-05, 12:05 PM
but are you still running the stock alt.?

yould you rather have those subs or a w7? that is another thing i am trying to figure out

99escalademan
07-19-05, 12:12 PM
Yup Im still running the stock alt, although at night sometimes the headlights will dance to the beat.http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

w7's are nice too. My friend has them and they are really loud. I woud go with whatever looks and sounds good and withiun your budget.

rbadillo
07-19-05, 02:34 PM
I just sold my 99, I used it to tow an old car with the factory wheels and it handled great.. I tried towing with 22's on it and i just did not feel as secure..I asked the owner of a rim shop and he said there should be no difference but I chose to put the originals on .

99 SKALAID
07-19-05, 10:07 PM
http://www.norcal1320.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/RobEscalade4.jpg

Welcome, that is my truck, stock brake size, i upgraded to special green pads and cross drilled rotors. The truck stops OK with the 23's

That is my grille with the stock emblem double sided taped on there

Good luck getting a 24" wheel on the front to look good. It is going to stick out over an inch and the wheels will rub pretty badly on the running board.

I chose a 23" for that reason. My truck is also lowered 3 inches in the front and 4 in the rear. Cant do that with 24's

Welcome to the site

loanman
07-20-05, 12:25 AM
I have 24's for over a year, and don't have any rubbing! My tires don't stick out the sides either. Stock ride height with 305/35/24's! You must have been miss informed!

istrokedmine
07-20-05, 01:11 AM
http://www.norcal1320.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/RobEscalade4.jpg

Welcome, that is my truck, stock brake size, i upgraded to special green pads and cross drilled rotors. The truck stops OK with the 23's

That is my grille with the stock emblem double sided taped on there

Good luck getting a 24" wheel on the front to look good. It is going to stick out over an inch and the wheels will rub pretty badly on the running board.

I chose a 23" for that reason. My truck is also lowered 3 inches in the front and 4 in the rear. Cant do that with 24's

Welcome to the site

i like the grill how did you get the emblem on it. also what size tires are you using, and 1 more question how much did you spend on lowering it and did that effect anything

99 SKALAID
07-20-05, 10:20 PM
I have 24's for over a year, and don't have any rubbing! My tires don't stick out the sides either. Stock ride height with 305/35/24's! You must have been miss informed!

id like to see a side picture of your fender with the wheel turned straight.

you could say i dont believe you :devil:

99 SKALAID
07-20-05, 10:22 PM
i like the grill how did you get the emblem on it. also what size tires are you using, and 1 more question how much did you spend on lowering it and did that effect anything

double sided tape holds the factory emblem on the car

those tires are nittos, i think 285/40/23 and fit like a glove

it cost me about 50 dollars to lower my escalade,

only thing it affected was how much bigger the rims look :worship: :worship:

istrokedmine
07-21-05, 12:26 AM
double sided tape holds the factory emblem on the car

those tires are nittos, i think 285/40/23 and fit like a glove

it cost me about 50 dollars to lower my escalade,

only thing it affected was how much bigger the rims look :worship: :worship:

50 bucks?????? did you cut them if so how much did you take off?

99 SKALAID
07-21-05, 08:54 PM
50 bucks?????? did you cut them if so how much did you take off?

nope no cutting

the fronts are torsion bars so i just loosened the fronts, and it lowers the front end.

the rears use leaf springs, and i just used a longer shackle from bell tech and it lowers it either 2 or 3 inches.

when doing these the truck did ride different. I changed the shocks from and rear with some special lowered suv KYB shock.

also since i towed alot i installed air bags in the rear. But they are NEVER infflated unless i am towing :devil: