: J.D Power Survey

Loadtoad
07-19-05, 04:43 AM
I just recieved my J.D. Power survey in the mail which suprised me because it's the first one I have ever recieved. It figures that the 2 previous Vettes and Yukon that I bought new were flawless and never had initial quality problems unlike this V.
I am debating how "honest" I should be in filling it out. Has anyone else recieved one of these surveys? It's funny how there are only 3 places for problems to list and I can easily fill it up 3 times over :crying:
Out of 5 seperate trips to 3 different dealers, I still have multiple and persistant rattles that start at 30mph, the dancing steering wheel (one would think 5 total balance attempts at 3 seperate dealerships would be enough), irratic tire pressure sensors, and now I am getting the differential whine on acceleration and deacceleration which the dealer says needs rebuilt but does not have a differential tech to do it :banghead:
Maybe I should just be grateful that my parking brake now works :suspense:

mister period
07-19-05, 06:19 AM
Be brutally honest. The Powers info comes back to the plant and engineering staff and is reviewed on a regular basis. Itís an important metric that will get attention.

ssvette
07-19-05, 08:22 AM
As the survey goes so does the resale value of the car.

Dave's V
07-19-05, 09:35 AM
I just recieved my J.D. Power survey in the mail which suprised me because it's the first one I have ever recieved. It figures that the 2 previous Vettes and Yukon that I bought new were flawless and never had initial quality problems unlike this V.
I am debating how "honest" I should be in filling it out. Has anyone else recieved one of these surveys? It's funny how there are only 3 places for problems to list and I can easily fill it up 3 times over :crying:
Out of 5 seperate trips to 3 different dealers, I still have multiple and persistant rattles that start at 30mph, the dancing steering wheel (one would think 5 total balance attempts at 3 seperate dealerships would be enough), irratic tire pressure sensors, and now I am getting the differential whine on acceleration and deacceleration which the dealer says needs rebuilt but does not have a differential tech to do it :banghead:
Maybe I should just be grateful that my parking brake now works :suspense:

Find a different dealer for the rear end whine. It doesn't seem to hard to replace the rear dif. If they want to rebuild it you should definitely find another dealer.

globed70
07-19-05, 09:37 AM
Tell it like it is... and tell your dealer to replace the differential, as many of us have been treated to....

sefa01
07-19-05, 09:46 AM
I just received a J.D. Power survey--but it's for my C6 Corvette, which I've hardly driven.

I only wish it was for my CTS-V. Much as I love the car, I've never owned one before where I had to have the service manager's number on my speed dial. And the service has really been horrible--they've unnecessarilly wasted a lot of my time.

Loadtoad
07-19-05, 11:36 AM
Find a different dealer for the rear end whine. It doesn't seem to hard to replace the rear dif. If they want to rebuild it you should definitely find another dealer.

I asked about that but they said the rebuild parts is with better cut gears compared to just replacing the whole thing. I was also told an experienced tech personally rebuilding it will provide a better backlash measurement than the assembly line parts.

My main priority has been just trying to get rid of the damn wheel shake! It's frustrating trying to just get 1 problem focused at a time especially when I need to drop the car off at a port to get it shipped to Italy in 3 weeks. If the techs suck here (Ft Walton Beach, Pensacola, & Tampa), what should I expect from the Techs in Europe who never touched a CTS-V :hide:

Loadtoad
07-19-05, 11:40 AM
I just received a J.D. Power survey--but it's for my C6 Corvette, which I've hardly driven.

I only wish it was for my CTS-V. Much as I love the car, I've never owned one before where I had to have the service manager's number on my speed dial. And the service has really been horrible--they've unnecessarilly wasted a lot of my time.

I really am not trying to bash this car because I think it has the potential to be a great automobile. I am just so damn frustrated with this petty crap like my parking brake not even touching when engaged or this damn wheel balance fiasco which are things that should have been caught at the damn assembly plant:rant2:

Rikmyster
07-19-05, 12:39 PM
Much as I love the car, I've never owned one before where I had to have the service manager's number on my speed dial. And the service has really been horrible--they've unnecessarilly wasted a lot of my time.

I will agree with you on he service being shitty. I wanted the V last year. However when I was getting such bad service from them on another car that I bought the Lincoln LS and told the GM I bought the LS out of spite.

It is a shame that service has gotten so bad in America.