Cadillac Owners Forum banner

wheels delaminated

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  CTSCHICK 
#1 ·
my wheels started to peel of at the edge and where the tire sensor is at i reported to my dealer a week after a got the car with 430 mile the dealer told me that they have to wait for GM to autorize to change my wheels it been a month and no anwser is anybody else having this problem do i have to waite so longe

#3 ·
Ask your dealer but my dealer said that GM made a change and now permits oil changes under maintenance agreement as long as oil is below 50%. I would personally in most cases not take it in before 20% but this is helpful if you need to get something looked at and don't want to wait to 20% and you save yourself a trip later.

#4 ·
As per GM, percentage does not matter, they cap you at 8 for the life of the 4 year/80,000 km

MAINTENANCE SERVICES FOR 2014 MY CADILLAC MODELS (PLEASE SEE APPLICABLE HOLS FOR ALL OTHER MODEL YEARS):
 Scheduled Maintenance:
o Oil change frequency will be based on the Oil Life System taking into account customer convenience and preference in having their oil changed at the time of their 12,000 km tire rotation and multi-point vehicle inspection. GMCL will not reimburse more than eight (8) oil changes during the term the customer is covered by Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance Program. Scheduled Maintenance includes the following: GM dexos1™ oil and oil filter change: numerous inspections and other services as listed in Attachment ‘A’.

As for the wheel question.

GM does not have to authorize the repair, the service manager does and then the new wheels should be ordered, we've replaced many wheels for chrome flaking etc. without GM involvement.

#6 ·
As per GM, percentage does not matter, they cap you at 8 for the life of the 4 year/80,000 km

MAINTENANCE SERVICES FOR 2014 MY CADILLAC MODELS (PLEASE SEE APPLICABLE HOLS FOR ALL OTHER MODEL YEARS):
 Scheduled Maintenance:
o Oil change frequency will be based on the Oil Life System taking into account customer convenience and preference in having their oil changed at the time of their 12,000 km tire rotation and multi-point vehicle inspection. GMCL will not reimburse more than eight (8) oil changes during the term the customer is covered by Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance Program. Scheduled Maintenance includes the following: GM dexos1™ oil and oil filter change: numerous inspections and other services as listed in Attachment ‘A’.
That is good to know I was not aware there was a cap other than time /mileage. Proof you need to reads the small print.

#5 ·
My suggestion would be to report any issues you have the moment it happens! If more things happen down the road its in your best interest to start letting GM know of it right away.

CTSCHICK: If you are going to wait for your next oil change, then at least contact GM customer service and report it to them.

#10 ·
Hoosier Daddy said:
Is that an absolute? Back in the 90s I discovered that GM kept some dealers on shorter leashes if they caught them falsifying claims or doing unnecessary repairs.

That's a valid point actually I wasn't thinking of. But yes some deers are on a shorter leash. I hadn't actually thought of that other than I know we don't require GM auth for engine/trans full replacement and some dealers do. Didn't think they might also limit some dealers in trim item repairs also, only though of mechanical repairs, but that is very possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.