: Question on the FAQ TPS reprogramming

HDMLNIUM
07-18-05, 10:31 PM
Ok here are the steps...

How to reprogram the Tirepressure Sensor guage (+images)

UPDATE 8/24/04

Well, the same module reads all the RF stuff on the car including both fobs and all four tire pressure sensors. If the key fobs are working but the tire pressure sensors aren't, they'll probably just need to reprogram the sensors. The module they replaced had individual codes for each of the four sensors stored in it. When you replace the module, those codes go with it and the new module has blanks in place of the codes. Simple routine if you wanna reprogram them yourself: 1) key in RUN, engine off
2) park brake set, cluster on pressure display
3) press and hold BOTH the LOCK and UNLOCK SIMULTANEOUSLY for about 10 secs until the horn honks. (UPDATE 8/11/04)
4) let air out of (or put air into) Left front tire until you hear another horn honk
5) repeat on Right Front tire
6) repeat on Right Rear tire
7) repeat on Left Rear tire
8) after left rear tire you should hear a double honk and the process is complete
9) verify the pressures on the cluster display
Well I followed the instructions, started with left front, then went right front, right rear, and then left rear and got the two beeps.
My display in the car now reads my rears as the left side and the fronts as the right side??? Took it for a 10 minute drive and they were coming up with heat but still reading the wrong wheels...:hmm:
I guess I can go put the charger on it again and try it over again and see if it changes.. I was just checking to see if the order is right above..
And yes I need to put a charger on my car since the day I bought it if I do anything to it with the key on and not running. The battery dies in less than 10 minutes every time. It says in the car that it goes to a power saving mode but she goes a little too late...lol
thanks...
Bill

CTSV04
07-18-05, 10:57 PM
Step three says to press and hold BOTH the LOCK and UNLOCK SIMULTANEOUSLY. However, this is a toggle switch. What am I missing? Are you talking about the door lock?????

HDMLNIUM
07-18-05, 11:06 PM
You hold the lock and unlock at the same time on your remote entry key-fob. Not the switches in the car, atleast that is how I did it..

keeksv
07-18-05, 11:11 PM
Did mine about 2 weeks ago with the FAQ instructions and it worked fine....I think. I'll double check.

ew

HDMLNIUM
07-18-05, 11:20 PM
I'm headed out now to try it again, will post back in a few..

keeksv
07-18-05, 11:23 PM
Yup....okay

ew

DansCTSV
07-18-05, 11:24 PM
Did mine tonight and it worked fine for me. Why are you needing to reprogram them? Thinking about going to the drags this Friday? I am getting my BFG's mounted tomorrow. If the weather is good I might head up.

You have to circle around the car starting with the Drivers Side front and going clock wise.

Dan

slow35th
07-18-05, 11:28 PM
I'm headed out now to try it again, will post back in a few..

I did mine this weekend and it worked fine.

keeksv
07-18-05, 11:28 PM
My remote/TPS sensor was replaced under warranty, and dealership forgot to reprogram. Didn't notice until home, and was easy enough to do, so rather than let them touch my car again.......

HDMLNIUM
07-18-05, 11:59 PM
Just tried it again and it worked fine this time. The only thing I can think of and should have before I posted this question was my battery got to low on the first try. I put the battery charger on it half way through on the first try, this time I put it on it before I started.. My clock re-setting should have triggered my brain as to the problem.. lol

Dan,
I put the two new ones I bought on the front after washing the car tonight. I guess I am a little weird because about once a month I pull all the wheels and give the insides along with the brake callipers and hubs a good washing.. I figured while I had them off it was a good time to rotate to the new ones..
I am still thinking about sending two of the rims out to be widened so I can go with some 285 drag radials. Then sending all 6 out to be powdercoated depending on the turn around time, or maybe waiting til winter time.
This Friday sounds good if it isn't raining and my ship dosen't come in early..
So if I go I will still be on F1's, and if you lose again I can really dog you..haha

Bill

DansCTSV
07-19-05, 12:08 AM
You aren't the only one who removes the wheels for washing. I did the same thing tonight. I also put the 2 new ones on the front as those rims were in better condition than the ones on my car. I went with the 275 BFGs. Hopefully they work well and I don't break anything...

I will let you know later in the week if I definitely am going.

HDMLNIUM
07-19-05, 12:15 AM
You aren't the only one who removes the wheels for washing. I did the same thing tonight. I also put the 2 new ones on the front as those rims were in better condition than the ones on my car. I went with the 275 BFGs. Hopefully they work well and I don't break anything...

I will let you know later in the week if I definitely am going.

Sounds great, I would like to see how they look on the stock size wheels. If they look and work good I might not bother getting them widened and order my drag radials sooner.

Bill

ctsvett
07-19-05, 12:25 AM
FAQ question clarified. thanks for pointing out the confusion.

Reed