: oil filter???

ndogg ct
07-18-05, 05:12 PM
guys can you steer me toward a good oil filter for the v???
is it a pretty simple oil change or is a lift needed??
thanks guys!!!!!!

Flyboy
07-18-05, 05:18 PM
:thumbsup: Very easy job......I just drive it up on ramps.....Personally, I use K & N, 'cause of the name....I'm sure they're all good however

ndogg ct
07-18-05, 05:20 PM
which ramps did you purchase??the front clears the ramp??
was looking into the k&n ,but was'nt sure what everyone else was using..thanks!

Flyboy
07-18-05, 05:23 PM
Yup, my car is lowered and it "just" clears. I forgot the name...got 'em @ Murray's.

urbanski
07-18-05, 05:28 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/vfilter.html

ctsvett
07-18-05, 07:59 PM
oil change is simple.. I did it this weekend.

Http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/oilchange.html

Reed

slow35th
07-18-05, 08:31 PM
I like the K&N filter and the Mobil 1 filter. They are both made by the same company (Champion Filter) and are similar and both of very heavy construction. The K&N has a 1 inch hex nut welded to the botom for easy removal which is good but it also hangs just a little lower than the Mobil 1. Both are better than most.

CVP33
07-18-05, 09:11 PM
I use the Delco P59. A little longer, holds more oil, hopefully more filtering media. Peace of mind more than anything.

ctsvett
07-18-05, 11:04 PM
I usually use the ACdelco Ultraguard gold (UPF46). I ran out prior to this change, so I used the Mobil 1 (from autozone) cause it was available at retail.

Reed

05ctsvfan
07-19-05, 06:36 AM
I did some pretty extensive research about filters when I first purchased. My advice is go with AC/Delco first, Mobil 1 second, K&N third. NO OTHERS!!

Any one of those you can find are EXCELLENT. The differences are soooo minor that it does not matter.

Found it all on the net but spent hours doing so......Mobil & K&N are same manu but mobil's filter is slightly different....

Hope that helps. The others are really bad....stay away from them in a V or any car you care about.