: Lingenfelter install?

REDLINE_V
07-18-05, 04:44 PM
My caddy dealer will be installing next week a Corsa exhaust and a Lingenfelter HP air intake. The service department says that it is possible that my check engine light may come on. Has anybody with this addition of the Lingenfelter seen this happen with their CTS-V or is it just talk ? Thanks

Redline it ...the only way to go !!!!!!

LV_V
07-18-05, 04:46 PM
The check engine light should only come on if the installer removes the screen in the MAF to TB tube. I don't see why they would do that so you should not have to worry about the check engine light coming on.

REDLINE_V
07-18-05, 04:54 PM
Thanks LV_V that makes me feel better !!!!!

urbanski
07-18-05, 04:57 PM
or unless they install it wrong and it leaks

lawfive
07-18-05, 05:01 PM
Or they bump something else...

Drift-caddy
07-18-05, 05:08 PM
My caddy dealer will be installing next week a Corsa exhaust and a Lingenfelter HP air intake. The service department says that it is possible that my check engine light may come on. Has anybody with this addition of the Lingenfelter seen this happen with their CTS-V or is it just talk ? Thanks

Redline it ...the only way to go !!!!!!

with any after market parts a SES light is possible. They are trying to CYA. not all aftermarket parts fit and work like the factory parts, we have had no problems with the LPE products.

willsctsv
07-18-05, 06:31 PM
No problem as long as all of the couplings are tight and there are no air leaks after the MAF. They also say that the K&N oil can get sucked up onto the MAF. And this would cause the engine light also. Very unlikely.
They want to make the money, as any business man would, but they are bracing you for " I told you so".
If it does come on, clean the MAF with carb cleaner, and tighten all the couplings. Run the car for a few start and stop cycles and it will go out on it's own!
Hopefully your dealer has competent Techs!

JOEYCTS-V
07-18-05, 07:44 PM
I have both the LPE intake and the Corsa exhaust with no problems.

L.Sanchez
07-18-05, 09:02 PM
I put the LPE on and at first had a check engine light. I went back in and realized I hadn't tightened one of the fasteners. I did that, drove it around for a day or two, and it went away. Just make sure all is tight!