: Trade B&B for Corsa ??

Tom Paine
07-18-05, 10:50 AM
Is anyone interested in trading a B&B exhaust for Corsa? The B&B is beautiful but just too loud for me (I guess I'm getting old). My exhaust has about 3500 miles on it and I live in Michigan. Send a post if interested.
Tom

Ryan's '05-V
07-18-05, 11:28 AM
I was wondering the same thing and live in MI also. I'm sure my wife would prefer the Corsa.

urbanski
07-18-05, 12:20 PM
if you don't want to give up the HP gains of the B&B, you always could undertake what I'm doing
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45915

great results w/ rear seat only, trunk to follow.

Ryan's '05-V
07-18-05, 12:55 PM
I read over your post but I'm not sure I want to tear apart my car as it is a lease but I just might. How long did it take approximately? Cost was about $100 in materials, right?

urbanski
07-18-05, 01:02 PM
we probably shouldn't hijack this thread and get way off topic :)
depending on the cost of your favorite sound deadening material, it can vary quite a bit. i think deadening the trunk would be enough for most people

kimcheejeegae
07-18-05, 01:12 PM
I would be willing to trade... but i'm in Seattle and I don't have my stock exhaust... so if i took my Corsa off, I wouldn't have my daily driver.

Ryan's '05-V
07-18-05, 10:18 PM
Since it's Tom's post I will see what he says but if he is not interested, maybe we can work something out. You never know.

HDMLNIUM
07-18-05, 10:47 PM
Are you guys running the x-pipe or the resonator mid section?

Just asking because I have the B&B headers, gutted cats, with the 3" resonator catback and I think she is pretty quiet. I have been waiting for the x-pipe midsection for over a month. So if either of you guys have the x-pipe version I would be happy to trade you the Resonator mid-section for the x-pipe mid-section. I have just about 3k miles on it and it is in perfect shape..

Bill

V-Max
07-18-05, 10:51 PM
Heh! You ole coot!

You going to have the new exhaust on by Waterford/August or Gingerman/September? :)

Norm

Ryan's '05-V
07-18-05, 11:12 PM
I was looking to buy a barely used B&B locally but have been concerned about how loud they are and just learned that silencer cones may help me too. The ones I'm looking at have the X pipe and I want that for the extra HP but if that doesn't work out, I may take you up on the swap. I want to try the X pipe so I may do that first and see what it's like. It may be a few weeks before I know what I plan to do.

benjet
07-18-05, 11:21 PM
From my own experience as well as V Tech (supporting vendor - who has installed all variants), and a few others on the board who have heard them all - the Corsa is louder than the B&B (even with the x pipe), but the sound of the Corsa is "easier" on the ears.

Others are free to disagree with the above statements.

slow35th
07-18-05, 11:33 PM
I have the B&B with the resonator. It doesn't seem loud to me while I am in the car but it sets off ever car alarm in the parking garage as I idle by in the morning.:coolgleam

Ryan's '05-V
07-19-05, 12:11 AM
I recall reading V Tech's comments on that and since then have wondered how the B&B would sound in person. I have listened to the clips and like it but in person I know it is different. I have heard the Corsa and it was nice. It was also loud when Flyboy left my house as he accelerated briefly because it bounced off the house across the street. My said the Corsa was too loud but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna give the B&B a try.
It's a V8 and I want to hear it rumble but I also want to respect that fact it is a Cadillac and my wife doesn't want it loud but I just may have to trump her. I could always try the silencer cones or some sound deadening like urbanski has done. I see I have a few options if she hates it.

Tom Paine
07-19-05, 08:19 AM
In answer to some of the questions, I am running the 3" B&B resonator system with cones.
I installed myself and I figure 2 exhaust systems could be swapped out in about an hour (remove in one piece).
I am assuming the Corsa is quieter but i have not listened any.
Norm, if i find some track tires soon I'll see you at Gingerman.
Tom

HDMLNIUM
07-19-05, 10:41 AM
Tom,

You feel the B&B 3" resonator exhaust is too loud?? :hmm:
I have never had a complaint from my wife and 3 year old son with the B&B Headers, cleaned cats, and the 3" resonator cat back.. I think she is very quiet, too quiet actually.. I can't wait for the X-pipe mid section to wake her up...
I guess I am a young 38 year old at heart... haha

Bill

Ryan's '05-V
07-19-05, 10:50 AM
Tom, I heard Flyboy's Corsa and when he gets on it, it's not quiet at all. When I met him I was next to and then behind him and it is nice but probably too loud. The Corsa was very nice under normal driving conditions but when you get on it, everyone knows it.

Tom Paine
07-19-05, 12:03 PM
From what i under stand, the Corsa gets louder with more revs. The B&B is loud at idle and gets quiet (nice sound) with revs.
I would prefer the logic of the Corsa, and i thought i might find a Corsa person looking for the B&B sound. I recall some people wanting more noise.

kimcheejeegae
07-19-05, 12:24 PM
I have silencer cones if anyone wants it. email me
kimcheebowl at gmail dot com