: Norther VA V-Owners- You Missed it!!!!

V-widow
07-18-05, 08:40 AM
Having been a member a while but not brave enought to post.....I MUST TODAY!!!!!!!! If you live in the No. VA area and you did not make the HyperFest this weekend at Summit Point Race way.....SHAME ON YOU!!!!! :tisk:
DADO - MY Man you rule. That was fantastic. The drifting was unbelievable and to show off to all those rice cars, mustangs, 240SX's, and of corse the one Volvo Station wagon. LOVE IT. I hope to see that again sometime soon. So funny to hear the people in the stands and the shock they felt when they realized "ITS A CADILLAC".
DADO - Keep up the great work. I didn't see the car on FRIDAY but I know my husband said from Fri. to Sat it was a 200 % change for the good. Keep it up.
THANKS for the wonderful entertainment and great show.:thumbsup:
Hurricane

Drift-caddy
07-18-05, 10:00 AM
Having been a member a while but not brave enought to post.....I MUST TODAY!!!!!!!! If you live in the No. VA area and you did not make the HyperFest this weekend at Summit Point Race way.....SHAME ON YOU!!!!! :tisk:
DADO - MY Man you rule. That was fantastic. The drifting was unbelievable and to show off to all those rice cars, mustangs, 240SX's, and of corse the one Volvo Station wagon. LOVE IT. I hope to see that again sometime soon. So funny to hear the people in the stands and the shock they felt when they realized "ITS A CADILLAC".
DADO - Keep up the great work. I didn't see the car on FRIDAY but I know my husband said from Fri. to Sat it was a 200 % change for the good. Keep it up.
THANKS for the wonderful entertainment and great show.:thumbsup:
Hurricane

Thanks for the support; it was great to have some V owner and some vette people out there for support. We qualified 1st for the finals, out of 40 cars in the field. This car is still on stock susp and no Ebrake, The car that finished 1st was JRs, a great driver, but he is a paid pro driver in Formal D. Well after some tuning on Friday with tire pressure and alignment we were happy with the setup. Saturday at practice we played with air pressure again and got it right. Then Saturday at the elimination we finished 1st. We were on top of our game and happy to be there. Well there paired us up with JR, and we were ready for him.

This is where we ran into our biggest issue. Turn one 2nd gear 6300rpm go to shift to 3rd to start the drift and the clutch pedal stuck to the floor, go wide into the turn and we get passed. Well now it was time for round 2, we go again this time we are behind him into first turn and again. After 1 event and no problems and 2 days of practice and no problems, so we held out heads high and did a killer burn out that no one could touch, finished of the tires and smoked the place up. We went out in style. We ended up the day in 5th place, and the crowd was going nuts. Our next event is at FedEx field this Saturday. When dado gets back ill have him post up more info and pics, and video. Once again thanks to all who braved the heat and for the support. See you at fedex field

Damian

Moore Cadillac motorsports.

http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/9326/p7162107medium6oc.jpg

V-widow
07-18-05, 10:10 AM
Having been a Hockey mom for many years, I screamed my head off when that V went down through the turns on the track. I was so amazed at the car and what it had. Absolutely the crowds favorite and MINE :cool: !!!!!!!! I am sold on this Drifting THING. LOVE IT. Thanks for a great show. BRAVING the weather was right it was HOT but worth it. Can you give us info abou this weekend at FED EX field...?
Hurricane

Dado DTM
07-18-05, 01:30 PM
Glad you enjoyed the show :) Thanks everyone for all their support and hope to see you guys out there more often. Like Damian said we had some issues on Friday during practice and had the car re-aligned which made a world of a difference for the competition on Saturday.

The V is an impressive machine and what you saw is pretty much a stock V with a couple bolt ons here and there. Now we just need to work on the clutch problem which there already is a TSB on it, the e-brake, and a stiffer suspension for quicker response. Other then that the car is great :)

Next event is this Saturday at Fedex Field and here is the info. www.driftshowoff.com (http://www.driftshowoff.com/)

Here are the pictures from Hyperfest, enjoy. These are just of the Cadillac :D
http://www.dtmpowerracing.com/mooremotorsports/hyperfest05/

http://www.dtmpowerracing.com/mooremotorsports/hyperfest05/images/DSC_6919.jpg

akm2k5
07-18-05, 02:17 PM
This looks amazing.. Its great for wallpaper..

http://www.dtmpowerracing.com/mooremotorsports/hyperfest05/images/DSC_6983.jpg

keeksv
07-18-05, 02:21 PM
Dado:

I take it this was your stock clutch that had issues (like alot of others' here), right?

ew

Drift-caddy
07-18-05, 04:19 PM
Where the V

http://www.wheresmarks.com/images/hyper/DSC_2675.jpg

Drift-caddy
07-18-05, 04:20 PM
Dado:

I take it this was your stock clutch that had issues (like alot of others' here), right?

ew

yes stock clutch. oh well we got the new one going in there.

Skiddles
07-18-05, 05:10 PM
AKM2K5

I don't know what's more amazing...the picture or your avatar. It's clever and I love it.

akm2k5
07-18-05, 06:20 PM
lol.. thanks..

AKM2K5

I don't know what's more amazing...the picture or your avatar. It's clever and I love it.

D148L0
07-19-05, 01:37 PM
AKM2K5

That makes 2 of us.

D148L0
07-19-05, 01:43 PM
I didn't know, and I was at Summit Point all day long! Too bad, I would've had a great time watching the V (at least in between sesions).

Drift-caddy
07-20-05, 01:49 PM
I didn't know, and I was at Summit Point all day long! Too bad, I would've had a great time watching the V (at least in between sesions).

how could you not hear the V. or see it for that matter... car was parked at frt entrance. anyways we will be at FedEx field this weekend on Saturday, will you be able to make it down

thanks
Damian
DamianHarney@moorecadillac.com

D148L0
07-20-05, 07:00 PM
how could you not hear the V. or see it for that matter... car was parked at frt entrance. anyways we will be at FedEx field this weekend on Saturday, will you be able to make it down

thanks
Damian
DamianHarney@moorecadillac.com
I was at Jefferson circuit. But I'll try to be there on Sat... not only to see the V, but a fellow member as well (you would be the first I meet in person)!