: Highway Run With 911 Carrera 4S

AustinV
07-17-05, 09:15 PM
I just looked the specs up on this car and it seems like I should have been able to pull a little...

I passed him with no traffic on the highway and slowed to 60 and kept it in 3rd. He came up behind me, but wouldn't change lanes. After letting him ride me for a bit, I nailed it and off we went. I managed to get well into 4th before slowing for an exit - he stayed on my ass the whole time. Never passed me, but I never seemed to create any distance between the two of us.

We both exited and at the stop light rolled our windows down. He smiled and said, "looks like we've got some pretty slow cars here." Then he said to have a good day. I thought for sure with the extra weight of those golf clubs in his back seat I could have taken him.

Guess I should've gotten the black V. :bouncy:

c5racr1
07-17-05, 09:23 PM
CTS V= big brick in the air Carrera = little bug, bottom line is our cars are much heaver and larger and more importantly more frontal area and it takes more power to "push it" through the wind.

AustinV
07-17-05, 09:33 PM
That makes sense and I guess it helped that he was drafting off of me. He really was no more than 10-15 feet off my bumper throughout the whole run. Very nice looking car though with some impressive looking after market wheels. And, for a Porsche guy, he wasn't that much of an ass. :yup:

36CADDY
07-18-05, 12:51 AM
Guess I should've gotten the black V. :bouncy:

Of course you should have!

1gCtsV05
07-18-05, 08:40 AM
although a NON-Turbo... the 4Ss MOVE!!! I almost bought a, '02 4S w/ 12k miles prior to my V!!!
nothing to be ashamed of considering size... sedan v. sports car!!! he should have been upset and insulted! seeing as how he paid close to $100k to our $50k...

globed70
07-18-05, 09:45 AM
Was this a 997 or the old 996? I wasn't sure if the 997 4S made it to the states yet...

AustinV
07-18-05, 12:12 PM
I'm not very up on the various Porsche models, but this looked pretty new. It did have aftermarket wheels. It was a very nice looking car, but I'll take my real backseat and full-size trunk over that anyday.

"Cadillac grills, Cadillac bills, Check out the oil, My Cadillac spills..."

Just one of many great classics about the Cadillac - I don't know of any cool songs about the Porsche. Even Janice Joplin wasn't satisfied with her Porsche and wanted a Mercedes Benz. :yup:

Kadonny
07-18-05, 01:11 PM
Was this a 997 or the old 996? I wasn't sure if the 997 4S made it to the states yet...

They just had the write up in Motor Trend this past month on the Carrera 4's (997 style) so my guess is they just came out or are just about to here in the States.

willsctsv
07-18-05, 05:44 PM
The Carrera S is no Joke. I ran with one at Watkins Glen today. If your stock, he will take you. I ran with this guy and he was stock and I have a few mods. I was able to pull slightly on the straights. In stock trim, I don't think I would have. We ran up to about 135. Hit turn one then turn 2, then it's balls out in 4th through the s's and down a long straight into a Chicane. I pulled a little distance on him here. About 5-6 cars. I hit 139 mph, he was hitting 135. I just got there a little quicker. That's V8 Torque.
A great feeling to run with a 90K performance automobile!
We ran the whole session together, trading postions a few times.

LV_V
07-18-05, 07:23 PM
"Cadillac grills, Cadillac bills, Check out the oil, My Cadillac spills..."

Nice, this is my cell phone ringer :coolgleam