: procedure to add a power outlet behind the dash

ctsvett
07-17-05, 07:33 PM
I wrote up a procedure for installing an additional power outlet behind the dashboard so you dont have to have your ashtray open to power your cellphone/ ipod/ etc. Its reversible and you can always change what you plug in behind there.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/stackpower/

let me know if something is not clear. I wrote these up in a hurry.

Reed

MN CTS-VETT
07-17-05, 08:12 PM
Instructions look great. The only difficulty I had was finding those type of crimp connectors that are optimal for power transfer.

I just completed the Ipod installation in my car - the hardest part was coordinating all the components needed:

- SiK PAC cigarette lighter power/audio adapter

- AAI GM12 Audio Interface (installed at the XM input)

- Ipod bracket (soon to be available from Reed)

- Ipod mount
- 17' shielded Monster audio cable with mini plug end

Is there any interest other mini Ipod owners for a combo package with all the above items? I was thinking of making this entire package available to V owners for around $260.

HDMLNIUM
07-17-05, 09:39 PM
Reed,
Another nice write up, I for one have learned a lot from the FAQ site and this one.. Thanks...:thumbsup:
I am not sure where we were left off, but I am still going to need one of your mount kits for my PDA..

Bill

ctsvett
07-17-05, 09:54 PM
Now that I am back in the good ole USA, I am working on the Dash mount. I actually did the above write up while I was taking the Mount off to bring to my Friend's fab shop.

I will have word later this week hopefully.

Reed

urbanski
07-18-05, 09:44 AM
Nice write-up....

one thing I would like to add is to TEST your cig lighter first before doing this. Mine is dead. Fuse OK, power at fuse box OK, but somewhere between box and lighter it dies. So don't do what I did having everything wired and connected up only to find it doesn't work, LOL

ctsvett
07-18-05, 12:34 PM
Urb,
If you fuse int eh right slot in the underhood fuse box. It may be in the wrong position and the cig will die. Check that.

Reed

urbanski
07-18-05, 12:39 PM
Urb,
If you fuse int eh right slot in the underhood fuse box. It may be in the wrong position and the cig will die. Check that.

Reed
yeah it's all good up on the fuse box :) moving the fuse also kills the rear outlet which works fine in my ride (that's what I use to plug my laptop into:)

CVP33
07-18-05, 07:38 PM
Reed,

I've been meaning to send you my de-catting instructions. Quite simple:

Case of Beer
Needle Nose Pliers
Long Regular Screw Driver

Who needs patience I've got beer!:D