: Skip Barber Driving School?

fcuk
07-17-05, 05:46 PM
Always was interested in improving my driving schools (I am only 18, so we are starting from the bottom here). A friend told me about Skip Barbers Driving School over in Conneticut. Does anybody have any info on it? Is it worth 800 bucks for a day?

V-Max
07-17-05, 06:11 PM
That is where I did it at Lime Rock. wet skid pad, small autocross course, big autocross course and the road course. The instructors were great matching driving level.

That is not a bad price if your using someone elses car. How many days?

Norm

darvish
07-17-05, 10:57 PM
I took the three day race ,,, one day car control and two day advanced school .. some lapping days and i have done some of the RT2000 races.... WELL worth the money

Bill
St Louis

sefa01
07-18-05, 09:44 AM
You might want to consider Spring Mountain instead. I was going to do Skip Barber, but Spring Mountain uses C5 Z06s. So I'd be using the same engine and transmission.

I took the 3-day course in March and thought it was great. A couple of people there had taken the Skip Barber course previously. They said it was very good, but you got a lot more "seat time" at Spring Mountain.

While Spring Mountain is in Pahrump, Nevada, the cost is so much lower than Skip Barber that it probably won't cost any more once you include airfare (and you might want to spend a couple of days in Vegas, too, while you're out there).

Spring Mountain is a sponsor on www.corvetteforum.com. If you tell them you heard about it on this forum, you'll knock $150 off the 3-day school.

Check out their web site at www.springmountainmotorsports.com.

globed70
07-18-05, 10:32 AM
I took the three day race ,,, one day car control and two day advanced school .. some lapping days and i have done some of the RT2000 races.... WELL worth the money

I've done the same, and consider it well worth it. A one-day course is nice, but I believe the open wheel course offers a better learning environment. And if you want to learn the art of downshifting, these cars are perfect. Lime Rock is also a great track, although I spent alot of time at Sebring as well (they have multiple locations). The feedback from open wheel cars about what you are doing right and wrong cannot be replicated by a street car.

Tom Paine
07-18-05, 10:46 AM
Hey Norm.
I had a great evening at Gingerman on a hot and dry track. You should try it out.
Tom