: 2003 Seville EGR codes

candacealvr
02-18-14, 04:37 PM
I recently bought my 2003 Cadillac Seville and the check engine light was on so I ran the code and it came back to be a bad egr valve... So I tried to clean it put it back on and it worked good until I hit about 50mphs it started not wanting to go over 2000rpms... So I replaced the egr valve since the code dedicated the egr vavle was bad yet its doing the same thing around 50mphs not wanting to hit over 2000rpms to switch gears... Ive yet to checkit to see aboit what code may come up now or if the last code cleared up.... Like I said its doin the same thing ... need somehelp here!!

I have a 2003 Seville and my car is showing EGR codes and poor running. I cleaning my egr valve and it was running good until I hit about 45-50mps and noticed the car started not wanting to hit over 2000rpms... The code came back it wad a bad egr vavle since then I replaced it yet its still doin the same.

MoistCabbage
02-18-14, 05:35 PM
What is the code? Sounds like a clogged cat.

There's a duplicate thread in the Eldo/Seville forum.

Moderator edit: dead link deleted

Submariner409
02-18-14, 06:00 PM
Let's move this from the Tech Tips "How-to" forum over to the Engines: Northstar area for question diagnosis.

New thread: "2003 Seville EGR codes".

Threads merged. candacealvr, Please do NOT post duplicate questions in several forums - and this question has nothing to do with Seville Classified advertising. Threads merged to Engines, Northstar.

candacealvr, Please check your Forum Inbox for a Private Message (PM). The "Notifications" tab.

dkozloski
02-19-14, 03:09 AM
When the EGR valve is replaced it seems to me that the pintal zero position has to be relearned. Usually it takes a TECII to do it but the way I did it on my old Buick I disconnected the EGR plug, I started the car and the CEL came on, I cleared the CEL and immediately turned the ignition off. I reconnected the EGR and started the car. The EGR automatically relearned the pintal zero position on its own and the CEL never came on again.