: What is the torque spec on the caliper bolts?

slow35th
07-16-05, 05:57 PM
The ones that hold the caliper to the spindle. I am painting my rotor hats and will be putting it back together in a few. Anyone know the number of foot lbs on these bplts?

Dennisscars
07-16-05, 06:07 PM
:worship:Thanks Dreamin' :worship:Thanks Reed

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/bpadchange/index.html

Dennisscars
07-16-05, 06:11 PM
Also FYI check wheel torque in a couple days, if paint isn't totally dry it will crush and loosen wheel torque. Also if not totally dry, I let mine dry overnight and it still did it, paint will transfer to wheel, come off rotor and leave shadow.

Now's a good time to Rejex wheels to protect against brake dust.:thumbsup:

slow35th
07-16-05, 06:38 PM
I looked at that once and did not see it. Looked again and there it was right on top. Thanks.

slow35th
07-16-05, 06:40 PM
Also FYI check wheel torque in a couple days, if paint isn't totally dry it will crush and loosen wheel torque. Also if not totally dry, I let mine dry overnight and it still did it, paint will transfer to wheel, come off rotor and leave shadow.

Now's a good time to Rejex wheels to protect against brake dust.:thumbsup:

Maybe I should cook them in the oven at about 200 for a while.

slow35th
07-16-05, 06:52 PM
Maybe I should cook them in the oven at about 200 for a while.

Instructions on the paint say for maximum hardness cure at 300 for 2 hours. So that's what Im going to do.

Dennisscars
07-16-05, 07:06 PM
I didn't want to stink up house:kitty: so I used patio heater for:drinker:drinker but it's probably plenty hot in TX today..:devillaug

slow35th
07-16-05, 08:52 PM
I didn't want to stink up house:kitty: so I used patio heater for:drinker:drinker but it's probably plenty hot in TX today..:devillaug

Actually not to bad right now. We have had lots of rain and it is cloudy. The car is all apart but I have had enough today. So I'm goin to get a shower and load the family up in the SRX and get some diner and lots of :drinker :drinker :drinker . I'll finish tomorrow.