: Power Window Problems

smf555
07-16-05, 06:13 PM
My rear left window hadn't worked since I got the car, but since I use it for business (and no one is ever back there) I hadn't noticed for a few months. Today my wife was out by the driveway and noticed that my front driver window was down a couple of inches (and I hadn't used the car in days). She went in, pushed the button so it would go up, but when it reached the top, it started going down by itself. Then she pressed the rear left window and for the first time, it worked. But when she went to show me, it worked, then it didn't, then it did. I decided I better leave it shut and call the dealer for an appointment. Anyone else have similar experiences? Is it a short in the window button mechanism?:confused:

MortnCyn
07-17-05, 08:26 AM
The rear window can always be operated using the buttons on the driver's door. If you are using the button on the left rear door, it may be that the rear window controls are locked. This is done by using the lock button on the driver's door. Why the driver's window would go back downhttp://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon5.gif

Kipp
07-18-05, 10:36 AM
My drivers side window just did the same thing yesterday. (but my window was already open) Hit the button to close it and it closed, then fully opened. I had to hold the button down though as the x-press close would not work. I cycled the window open and closed and it was fine.

RTT
07-21-05, 07:42 PM
My passenger front window will not xpress up but it will go up. Just waiting for convenient time to take in for service.

The Tony Show
07-21-05, 08:48 PM
If the window won't express up, just reset it. Roll the window all the way up, then continue to hold up on the button for two or three seconds. You'll hear a faint "click" from the window motor, that's the torque sensor resetting. All fixed.

The issue with the window mysteriously rolling back down is one that we run into occasionally with cars on the lot. It's caused by the window meeting resistance somewhere and activating the pinchguard feature (which is pretty cool, by the way. Try hitting express up, then stick your hand between the top of the door frame and the window glass. When it hits your hand, it'll power back down.)

Usually resetting the torque sensor in the aforementioned manner will take care of that, too.

smf555
07-22-05, 01:25 PM
Update: I took it in for service and the dealer is going to replace the left rear window module which is faulty.

RTT
07-22-05, 01:26 PM
Thanks

:worship:

louisn
07-28-05, 05:52 PM
My right back window died today in the down position. They gave me a Chevy S-10 pickup as a loaner. Pitiful. Won't have part in until Monday. I going for an upgrade on the loaner right now since the weekend is coming up! One reason we traded there is that the OWNER said he wouldn't leave my wife, a realtor, w/o a ride. Peple love to look at houses in a $10,000 pickup. I'm getting MAD!!!!!!!!!!!

louisn
07-28-05, 08:51 PM
Success! The service manager was able to pull the window up and lock in the closed position until the part arrives. You can't appreciate the srx until you drive an S-10 pickup for 2 hours.