: Idle problems with 02 Escalade

jrhoads23
07-16-05, 02:51 PM
Hello everyone. This is my first post. I just got a 02 Escalade w/ 33K miles and have had a 65 Coupe DeVille for years.
I noticed with the Escalade, when I start it up it idles very low and I can hear the low engine idle revving sound.
It seems to get worse as I put it in reverse and start backing up. I have even had it kill on me a couple times while backing up.
I read in a different post that low idle is common, but I cant imagine Cadillac would make it low enough to the point that the engine will kill occasionally.

Any ideas?

srmcclean
07-16-05, 03:44 PM
I have had the same problem with my 01 Yukon and the solution is very easy. You need to disconnect the ducting that leads to the throttle body and spray throttle body cleaner into the throttle body. That is the recommended method. However, I cleaned the throttle body by spraying wd-40 in the throttle body while very carefully holding the throttle blade open. I wiped away any residue with a clean lint free rag. My Yukon now idles perfectly and that was some 6,000 miles ago.

slk230mb
07-16-05, 04:15 PM
Yup, it definately sounds like a dirty throttle body. I had the same symptoms around that mileage.

Oh and :welcome:

fast66
07-17-05, 12:27 AM
:yeah:

hcvone
07-18-05, 08:41 AM
I would do a tune up, plugs, fuel filter and clean the t-body to start. :)