: Help! Paint on Dashboard!?

GetLadeBabe
07-16-05, 12:30 AM
so i had nail polish remover in the car and i put it on the dashboard of my escalade and i guess a drop of it leaked out onto the dashboard and i never knew this but the dashboard has a thin layer of paint, and the nail polish remover took it right off :eek: i got in quite a bit of trouble:madtalkin (this is my 1st car) and i was wondering if anyone knew how i could fix this problem. (the spot is about as big as the diameter of a shot glass :drinker(ah yes, another one of my problems) lol
PLEASE HELP!

fast66
07-16-05, 12:46 AM
you have a few options,
1. go to a autozone type store and buy paint that matches your dashboard and paint just the spot that is ruined.
2. go get paint for plastic and paint the whoel dashboard a color that you like.
3. buy a new dashboard frmo gmpartsdirect.com
Got any pics?

99escalademan
07-16-05, 01:00 AM
Also depending where it is you can buy a dash mat and cover up the whole topside of the dash.

fast66
07-16-05, 01:10 AM
:yeah:

nickc280
07-16-05, 05:59 AM
:jawdrop::hitstick::gun::banghead2that is how that makes me feel:cookoo:

malcolm
07-16-05, 08:52 AM
Interior vinyl parts are painted to match. I had to replace the padding on the pilar of my old Eldo. The interion was cashmere and the part came in black. I had a body shop paint it. I believe there is an additive for the paint to make it suitable for vinyl. If you have a few dollars see a body shop.