: Is the new V recall pcm reflash just power reduction?

slow35th
07-15-05, 11:58 PM
Maybe in an effort to save the Getrag rears? If so, I am pissed. The cars are already dynoing less than advertised as it is.

moldowan
07-16-05, 12:10 AM
hey slow,

did you get the reflash on yours? did you notice the same thing i did?
-moldy

slow35th
07-16-05, 12:14 AM
hey slow,

did you get the reflash on yours? did you notice the same thing i did?
-moldy

No. I have taken a couple of weeks off and was going to have it done this week. Not now!!!!!!!!

I may have it done right before I send the PCM to Rick so that it shows up as done in GM's records. That way it wont be done over Ricks flash if I ever take it in for other warranty work. If this recall is what I think it is we need to raise hell about it.

moldowan
07-16-05, 12:20 AM
hey thats a good idea!

Maybe it wasn't a bad thing to have it done. Now its in there system and I'll get ricks tune over it!
Will the dealership look for a reflash (ricks) if there is a problem down the road?
_moldy

moldowan
07-16-05, 12:22 AM
or better yet,

how much is a new pcm???
get that reflashed with ricks and switch them when i go to the dealer!
-moldy

slow35th
07-16-05, 12:28 AM
or better yet,

how much is a new pcm???
get that reflashed with ricks and switch them when i go to the dealer!
-moldy

When I had my Harley Ford F150 (Like a Lightning) that is what some of the guys were doing. There are issues with that. The vin number is in the pcm as are, I beleive, the key codes among other things. Rick may be able to chime in and give us more specific info.

Dennisscars
07-16-05, 01:52 AM
Sorry others have been here before (including yours truly) and once again StealthV has pulled our arses from the fire....

A word of caution -

Due to the crankshaft trigger ignition technology on the LS6, a new from GM PCM does not know the position of the crankshaft when it is put into the car. Therefore one needs to teach the PCM the crankshaft position.

This "teaching" process is perfomed by what is called a "CASE Relearn" or a "CKP Learn". This synchronization process can be performed with the following diagnostic tools: EFILive or your dealer's Tech2.

Without the learned crank position, the PCM cannot accurately monitor misfires or predict the position of the crankshaft. Symptoms after a PCM swap - rough running and a check engine light.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41289

Dave's V
07-16-05, 02:46 AM
Someone needs to do a couple 0-60 mile times with the new flash and compare. Anyone have a stock V at sea level. I'm already screwed being at 4,300 feet.

lawfive
07-16-05, 03:59 AM
No touchy my computer...

urbanski
07-16-05, 09:47 AM
moldy a new PCM is $400.
and that same dealer that did yours said my VIN wasn't in the recalled lot. they weren't touching it anyway lol

SBONES
07-16-05, 10:18 AM
i just got mine tunned. what do i do. get another pcm or just tell them dont touch my shit...:hmm:

urbanski
07-16-05, 11:36 AM
i just got mine tunned. what do i do. get another pcm or just tell them dont touch my shit...:hmm:
exactly why i bought a second PCM for my tune.

IMO i'd just forget about the "recall", don't let them near you car...until somebody figures out exactly what the "recall" if for. So far it's a mystery....StealthV theorized it was just to add the VIN #....which just isn't worth them wiping out your tune.

wildwhl
07-16-05, 12:59 PM
I'm out of the loop - what is this PCM reflash recall being discussed...I've received no notice of it?

SBONES
07-16-05, 01:42 PM
i didnt either...:cookoo:

slow35th
07-16-05, 01:54 PM
I'm out of the loop - what is this PCM reflash recall being discussed...I've received no notice of it?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45063

CVP33
07-16-05, 05:03 PM
Looks like it's '05's only this time.