: dealership reflash- fu*k them!!!

moldowan
07-15-05, 11:55 PM
ok,
just spent some time in the car testing it out, It really is down on power especially off the line!! Doesnt not rev. up as fast and really SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
add to that the damn car hops like crazy now, I just have the spector bush. installed and now that i got it back from the dealer it feels like there not even there!
Damn AM I pissed off! gonna call them tommorow and see if anyone is in the service area..... I want my old flash back.... until i can get the stealth V tune (asap-look..help me rick!!)
I did not buy this car to have it drive like this!!!!!!!
DO NOT HAVE THE DEALER REFLASH YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Moldy

slow35th
07-16-05, 12:00 AM
Moldy, I just posted a similar thread before I saw this one. Sorry for the duplication.

Dennisscars
07-16-05, 02:06 AM
Someday they will be able to beam it to you via on star.:kick:...kinda like Bill Gates does to your computer... I miss my points and condensor car....

moldowan
07-16-05, 06:12 AM
ran the car some more tonight... real hard to see if i am just paranoid. After about 1/2 hour of lots of WOT driving the car "seemed" to come around a bit. So it begs the question; after a reflash does it take a bit of time for the car to "get used to the new paramaters" ???

I need a new hobby!!!:cookoo:
-moldy

jlakowicz
07-16-05, 06:55 AM
I had a similar experience with my Vet, even with an aftermarket tune. It would be a real dog for about 50 miles then recover back to normal. This same thing happened several times and it always turned out ok. Your computer may not have been reflashed, but if the battery is disconnected too long this happens. If it seemed to recover then its OK.

urbanski
07-16-05, 09:41 AM
maybe they cleared your long term fuel trims....and you car is relearning them. takes about 100 miles. great excuse to drive her hard!!

Ryan's '05-V
07-16-05, 10:16 AM
After my rear was replaced and my SES light was gone due to a couple codes, my car seemed real slow. It seems to be back to how it used to be just like JLAKOWICZ says.

CTSV05
07-16-05, 11:16 AM
Interesting,

As I also noticed an improvement in perf after several days of driving, hmm.....

I even commented on the sluggish behavior to the Service Writers, and got a blank stare............LOL!!!

But she seems back to normal, well, 'cept for the clutch slipping.

thebigjimsho
07-16-05, 03:41 PM
Being that I'm sitting in front of my beach cottage and have just finished off a couple margaritas, I can't remember the exact details. But don't some new cars have a learning logorithm that will adjust throttle response and engine management to the driver and his/her latest tendencies?

Just a lost thought.

CVP33
07-16-05, 05:08 PM
Bigjym,

I no wat u mean bout da mageritas. I'm up to 6 so fer and itz Iam little foggy on most detales regarding da math ppot wotiuh woal glht.............................

wat were we talkn bout again? :drinker :drinker :drinker :drinker :drinker :drinker :drinker evry1 bak in da pooool! my brain is melting

moldowan
07-16-05, 06:24 PM
the battery WAS replaced under warrenty due to it being weak, so i was out of the car for some time as well

-moldy

urbanski
07-16-05, 06:31 PM
no power to the PCM will reset the long term fuel trims...or put another way...the "memory" of how you drive. You have to drive about 100 miles (maybe more) for everything to be relearned.
moldy I got your call, but by 10 i've been in bed for an hour or 2 LOL

moldowan
07-16-05, 07:41 PM
No prob Urbs's:)

I'm going to seinfeld tonight with the wife. I'll call you tommorow (sun.)
thanks for the info on the fuel reset- i think that might be the issue!
-Moldy

naiculnila
07-16-05, 09:12 PM
I'm not sure if this relates to our cars but here it is: i owned a turbo Gti before the V and i had a custom flash uploaded on my ecu. Car felt underpowerred for about 2-3 days. Then it started pulling like a bat out of hell!

--i was told by the tune shop THIS IS NORMAL!

Just give it some time drive it like you stole it and see what happends!

Devil_concours
07-16-05, 09:16 PM
check out the srx owners that took their car in for reflash
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42836

JOEYCTS-V
07-16-05, 11:26 PM
When you say reflash are you reffering to the high oil temp problem? What is the reason why it was flashed? I have the oil temp problem and now I'm scared to bring it in. :hide:

DILLIGAF
07-17-05, 12:45 AM
Joey,the high temp issue is in the instrument cluster computer not the PCM.Take it in,plan on StealthV reflashing your PCM down the road.You won't be sorry!

Dreamin
07-17-05, 12:56 AM
Moldy put a hundred miles on your car and report back!

You're starting a panic!!

moldowan
07-17-05, 01:05 AM
I will dreamin.

give me 2 days or so to get the miles on then i'll let ya know.
-moldy

ace996
07-17-05, 01:45 AM
Many ECUs today have a "learning" curve that takes a very conservative state of tune on re-set. This usually stems from the timing, as its safer to step-up to the limit than start ahead of it, and then need to pull back because the temp is too high...or if lower-octane fuel has been used. Throttle response can be sharpened/dulled by the ecu, as well. If you drive mellow...the car will behave more mellow, drive hard and the car will adapt.

Many vehicles suffer from this same "soft" re-set...don't worry, in a couple of days...you'll be right as rain.

talalhz
07-17-05, 04:45 AM
Bigjym,

I no wat u mean bout da mageritas. I'm up to 6 so fer and itz Iam little foggy on most detales regarding da math ppot wotiuh woal glht.............................

wat were we talkn bout again? :drinker :drinker :drinker :drinker :drinker :drinker :drinker evry1 bak in da pooool! my brain is melting

Are you drunk ?

Dave's V
07-17-05, 08:07 AM
check out the srx owners that took their car in for reflash
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42836

It sounds like some SRX V8 owners are really pissed and rightfully so. I hope the computer learns quickly and gets the performance back.

If Cadillac limited the performance of their cars after they sold them to fix their engineering screw ups, they will have severe problems keeping/getting customers. It is better to underestimate the performance of a car then to overestimate it when it is marketed.

CVP33
07-17-05, 11:01 AM
Are you drunk ?

Not anymore. :thumbsup:

thebigjimsho
07-17-05, 02:48 PM
Me too. Or me neither...whatever.

How about some props for being first to mention the "relearn"? Maybe I should always post after a few drinks.:bonkers:

ace996
07-17-05, 03:21 PM
BigJim,
I extend to you the greatest of props.
ve good,
ace996

Sandyfoot-V
07-17-05, 10:17 PM
Bigjym,

As usual... hilarious! Thank got I dew knot dreenk much ore eye wood be encomprhecybil……………………… :drinker :histeric:

Rikmyster
07-18-05, 12:43 AM
My dealer can flash my PCM everytime I go in. I'll just come home and re-flash it myself with the stored tune in my Diablo Preditor.

And if I need the origional one back in before I take it to the dealer, I can do that as well.

Koooop
07-18-05, 07:10 PM
My dealer can flash my PCM everytime I go in. I'll just come home and re-flash it myself with the stored tune in my Diablo Preditor.

And if I need the origional one back in before I take it to the dealer, I can do that as well.

Mine was reflashed this morning under a recall...I don't have the car back yet, they have to fix the leaking power steering pump AGAIN.

Small gripes, fun car.

moldowan
07-18-05, 07:23 PM
lets us know if you feel any power change koop!
I was told to chill cause i was starting a panic!:halo: curious if its only my imagination though ( really doubt it though).
-moldy

JOEYCTS-V
07-18-05, 07:37 PM

How is the Diable Predator? Did you notice any increase in power?

Rikmyster
07-18-05, 07:40 PM
How is the Diable Predator? Did you notice any increase in power?

Yes, and they took the CAGS out.