: Adrenaline Rush

REDLINE_V
07-15-05, 08:43 PM
Just wanted to say hi since I am new here and also a proud new owner of a 2005 CTS-V. You guys are great in this forum as I have learned alot. After a week of owning this car I just have to say Holy S***. This car is serious and what an ADRENALINE RUSH...................Looking to upgrade on a new exhaust any suggestions would be helpful.

REDLINE.............

Brad330cic
07-15-05, 09:06 PM
Since your my age...go for the Corsa. Perfect balanced sound...no drone. Or if you are a "badass" and need to show off more, get the B&B. :)
Welcome and enjoy your new Whip!

heavymetals
07-15-05, 09:14 PM
Corsa then Lingenfelter air filter.

These cars sure are a hoot, when they aint BROKEN!

OuTLAw
07-15-05, 09:25 PM
Not to mention that the Redline is much faster than all of the other colors, ITS A FACT! Welcome to the club!

Rikmyster
07-15-05, 11:33 PM
After a week of owning this car I just have to say Holy S***. This car is serious and what an ADRENALINE RUSH...................

Sorry you bought the slow RED Stop sign instead of the LIGHTning PLATINUM.

After I got mine I was reading here one day and realized "Golly gee .... I'm driving the BATMOBILE"

Welcome to the Club. Enjoy every mile you drive.

lawfive
07-16-05, 04:40 AM
Even though Platinum shaves 10ths off of a 60 ft strip, I've decided to be color-blind from this point forward. So, welcome, in spite of, even though, etc. :rolleyes:

Dave's V
07-16-05, 05:05 AM
Welcome! Platinum is faster because the other colors show dirt better.

luvmyVluvmyV
07-16-05, 09:41 AM
Corsa, Corsa, Corsa - I've had mine on my 05 Redline for about a month. It's so fun. Quiet when cruising down the highway, but rumbles when you punch it. It's great coming up beside prey in "stealth mode" and then nailing it. The only other V in my city, (that I'm aware of out of 150,000 people) has the B&B system. It sounds a lot meaner than the Corsa, but he told me when we met at the dealership that he hears it during normal driving. I know a lot of guys on here have the B&B and seem to enjoy it. As for the Corsa, my mechanic said he's never had a system install so easily and be a perfect fit as the Corsa.
Welcome to the club. Too bad you joined the "V masses" and went with the unimaginative silver; red is classy and attracts more attention. The reason that the silver over black or black over silver "is faster" myth exists is because the guys driving the red ones are choosing to drive slower and avoid tickets. :bouncy:
Have fun with it. Great car!
here's the link for some video and sound of the systems. http://www.cadillacfaq.com/video/

REDLINE_V
07-16-05, 09:46 AM
Sorry guys for the confusion even though my name says REDLINE_V................. I meant that in a tachometer reference as I like to hit the rpm's high..... the actual color of my V is lightning fast light platinum or silver although all colors are awesome and I 'm sure color has nothing to do with this beasts speed.

I think I will change my name to V_SPOT.

Rikmyster
07-16-05, 01:35 PM
Sorry guys for the confusion even though my name says REDLINE_V................. I meant that in a tachometer reference as I like to hit the rpm's high..... the actual color of my V is lightning fast light platinum or silver although all colors are awesome and I 'm sure color has nothing to do with this beasts speed.

I think I will change my name to V_SPOT.

Congrats Again! You made THE SMART CHOICE!

Welcome again to the club. You and your LIGHTning PLATINUM.

Flyboy
07-16-05, 02:25 PM
I agree.....all colors are GREAT!!!!!! I think Black is a tad faster!!!!

shanseverijn
07-16-05, 09:47 PM
I Had Corsa And Realized I Was Like Every Other V Out There. My Loan Processors Dad Owns Spintech Mufflers In Riverside, Ca. They Do Mainly Vettes Amd Mustangs. I Went Over There And He Was Just All Two Happy To Dump The Corsa And Install A Custom System. Im A Young Guy So I Like My Shit Loud And Aggressive. Let Me Tell You. When I Roll Through People Turn Heads. On 2 Seperate Occasions Cops Have Pulled Me Over Just To Look Under The Hood And Ask Me What I Have Done To The Thing. Those Mufflers Justify The Car As It Is A Possessed Demon On Wheels. So I Treat It As Such. Plus The Exits Out The Rear Are 2x As Menacing As The Corsa. I ended Up Selling The Corsa System.

GAGS-V
07-17-05, 04:41 PM
Hey Shanseverign: What did yours cost and how long did it take? How about pictures?

Rikmyster
07-17-05, 06:41 PM
I Had Corsa And Realized I Was Like Every Other V Out There. My Loan Processors Dad Owns Spintech Mufflers In Riverside, Ca. They Do Mainly Vettes Amd Mustangs. I Went Over There And He Was Just All Two Happy To Dump The Corsa And Install A Custom System. Im A Young Guy So I Like My Shit Loud And Aggressive. Let Me Tell You. When I Roll Through People Turn Heads. On 2 Seperate Occasions Cops Have Pulled Me Over Just To Look Under The Hood And Ask Me What I Have Done To The Thing. Those Mufflers Justify The Car As It Is A Possessed Demon On Wheels. So I Treat It As Such. Plus The Exits Out The Rear Are 2x As Menacing As The Corsa. I ended Up Selling The Corsa System.

Hey Shanseverign: What did yours cost and how long did it take? How about pictures?

Let those of us in SOCAL know about this deal. Custom is custom, I don't want a Corsa like everyone else.