: Cts-v Delivery Problems. Please Help Me!

36CADDY
07-15-05, 05:36 PM
I NEED HELP! I purchased a CTS-V from a dealership in New York. I was told they had the model I wanted IN STOCK. I told them it was going to Florida and I did not want any dealership badges on the car. I also told them that there is no front plate required in Florida so not to put on the front plate holder(only 4 states require it).

I flew up to pick the car up on July 1st. It had been delivered to a relatives house by the dealership and dropped off for me there because I would land after they closed and needed the car to get around. The car appeared to be used. Not only was it completely dirty, there were small scratches all over the car. Where the driver enters the car the plastic has been deeply scratched and the seat almost has a tear on it like someone entered the car with a toolbelt on. The tires were soaked in armor all and it was all over the side of the car. Two schrader caps were missing on two tires. One rim is scratched so bad I know it hit a curb. It had 60 miles on it. There is a stain on the passenger seat that won't come out. It looks like someone spilled something on the back seat. The plastic buttons on the back seat are scratched. It looks like someone put something real heavy on the back seat because the leather is stretched(you can see the imprint of something). I opened the hood and the motor cover was not in place. It had to be pushed on. The motor shakes bad when I turn it off and sometimes makes a loud "ping" noise. It was delivered with service mats in the car they give you when take your car in for service. NOT TO MENTION THE WORST THING OF ALL....they screwed a front plate holder on. So there are 4 holes in my front fender. It looks like crap. I have only washed it once and got 3 coats of wax on it. As I cleaned it I found more scratches.

I immediately called the dealership. I got the runaround. I then called GM and filed a complaint. They said there is nothing they can do because its a dealer problem. I left the car and flew back to Florida. I have a complaint #.

I tried to leave it with the dealership since they have to install a new front bumper cover which they are charging me for($1300+I'm told). They told me they would have it towed if I left it there. REAL NICE!

I am going after these guys. I can't let them do this. It should be against some law somewhere. This is a major purchase for me. To spend the money to move into a luxury car and get treated like this is unacceptable.

Oh yeah, the salesman said he could probably take it back. When I called him on it and said I can locate another and to take it back his story changed and he wasn't able too.

I am looking for advice from anyone who may have had experiences like this before. Anything would help. Thankyou all!

One more thing...While driving and switching from 4 to 5, I must of missed the shift and the little "R" reverse light came on the dash. Small grind. Isn't that supposed to have some sort of lockout?

ctsvett
07-15-05, 05:53 PM
Call a lawyer... then call the BBB.. then post the name of the dealer here so we all can hate them

Or, you can start a website and link to it everywhere you can... That makes a big mess for the dealer and GM's PR. They like to clean up those messes quick (if the word really gets out). Some guy got GM to take back his lemon from a stunt like that.

Not to make you feel bad, but I NEVER make a big purchase sight unseen for this reason. I made it clear to the dealer that if there were holes in my bumper, I would NOT be paying for the car and not buying from them. I went over the car with a comb before I took delivery (and still missed a scratch).

In today's world where everyone is trying to make a buck, trust noone (except those on this forum who have proven themselves).

Reed

CVP33
07-15-05, 06:06 PM
If you're within 72 hours take it back immediately.

2004ctsv
07-15-05, 06:12 PM
If you financed it, call the finance company and let them know.

Tony

LV_V
07-15-05, 06:20 PM
Why exactly did you have it delivered to your house before inspecting it? I would not have let it leave the dealership before personally inspecting. Its too late for that so DEFINATELY take the other member's advice and contact your finance company first and if that falls through get a lawyer asap. Its hard to believe that the dealer would stonewall you like that; what a horrible situation. I hope you are able to resolve this.

36CADDY
07-15-05, 06:21 PM
Call a lawyer... then call the BBB.. then post the name of the dealer here so we all can hate them
Or, you can start a website and link to it everywhere you can... That makes a big mess for the dealer and GM's PR. They like to clean up those messes quick (if the word really gets out). Some guy got GM to take back his lemon from a stunt like that.
Reed

Or, you can start a website and link to it everywhere you can... That makes a big mess for the dealer and GM's PR.
Reed

I don't know how to do that but would consider paying someone to do it for me. I am furious at them.

The dealership is SARANT CADILLAC in NEW YORK. The double talking salesperson is named PALMA. She is the worst salesrat ever. She will say anything. Not to mention she will cut you off in the middle of your sentence. She will LIE, CHEAT, AND STEAL to get a sale. She has already told me a few. The first one was that the car was in stock. Then she said the front plate issue was never mentioned. She is a full on liar.
I have contacted a lawyer.

Florian
07-15-05, 06:32 PM
car salesman = lair? wow, what took so long to figure that out? As soon as she opened her mouth, shouldve but your fist in it.

F

heavymetals
07-15-05, 07:04 PM
I bet she looks cute (the saleswoman).

Why on earth would you accept delivery without inspection?:hmm:

If your too busy and you want to pay someone have a detail guy look the car over before you accept it.

36CADDY
07-15-05, 07:05 PM
Why exactly did you have it delivered to your house before inspecting it? I would not have let it leave the dealership before personally inspecting. Its too late for that so DEFINATELY take the other member's advice and contact your finance company first and if that falls through get a lawyer asap. Its hard to believe that the dealer would stonewall you like that; what a horrible situation. I hope you are able to resolve this.

It is horrible. I had them drop the car 1/2 block (6 houses) from the entrance of the dealership at a relatives house(they have purchased cars there and didn't have a problem). I didn't want to rent a car as I had a new one sitting there.

36CADDY
07-15-05, 07:15 PM
I bet she looks cute (the saleswoman).

Why on earth would you accept delivery without inspection?:hmm:

If your too busy and you want to pay someone have a detail guy look the car over before you accept it.
She is an OLD LADY! She needs to wear more clothes. She must be related to the owners because everyone I spoke with said she is horrible. Yet she still has a job!
I thought they could do their jobs correctly as they have delivered 7 or so Caddys to my relatives. No problems. They delivered one to me w/ no problem(and mailed me my front plate holder). It seems that nobody takes pride in their work anymore unless they have thier own business(or something to lose if they don't perform).

benh
07-15-05, 09:03 PM
That sounds like a lot of damage for a car with 60 miles . . . my concern would be what other unseen abuse has been done! I would do whatever it takes to get out of the deal, unless you got a steal for it.

-1-
07-15-05, 09:15 PM
:want: I feel your pain! What a horrible situation. Who completed the paperwork? Who accepted the vheicle from the dealer? I hate to say it, but you set yourself up to be screwed and they took advantage of the situation. How could a car with 60 miles have so many problems, flaws? This is a lesson for everyone here. Don't buy "sight unseen"! Be persistent. It will take time and money (lawyer) but don't give in. I'd be careful about what information I put out in public before I spoke to a lawyer. Keep us posted with your progress and the ultimate outcome. GOOD LUCK!

OuTLAw
07-15-05, 09:17 PM
I would pay someone to stand out in front of their dealership on the weekends with a sign! I feel for you but what do you expect from a car salesman. I think most of us can say that they have been screwed over from a car salesman at one point of another.

36CADDY
07-15-05, 10:07 PM
I would pay someone to stand out in front of their dealership on the weekends with a sign! I feel for you but what do you expect from a car salesman. I think most of us can say that they have been screwed over from a car salesman at one point of another.

This will happen if this isn't resolved soon.

Dave's V
07-16-05, 02:38 AM
I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. How did you first contact this dealer? Did the deal seem that good? Salespeople are there to do one thing, sell their stuff. I bought 3 cars from my current dealer in 5 years, all with different salespeople. Because they all moved somewhere else.

There are some good salespeople that will actually not lie.

But I would never buy a car without seeing and driving it first no matter how good the deal might seem.

I think you might run in to problems since the car was delivered to a private residence. Someone had to sign for it. I would of personally walked the 6 blocks to the dealer.

GOOD LUCK!

2004ctsv
07-16-05, 10:52 AM
I don't want to make light of your situation but there is a VERY old saying in business:

EXPECT WHAT YOU INSPECT

Never let anyone question that adage. It's not a question of trust but of prudence.

Class dismissed.

Tony

36CADDY
07-20-05, 09:20 AM
I don't want to make light of your situation but there is a VERY old saying in business:

EXPECT WHAT YOU INSPECT

Never let anyone question that adage. It's not a question of trust but of prudence.

Class dismissed.

Tony

Here is another saying in business: THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

You can't screw the people that put the supper on your table. Did I mention my family has purchased 7 cars from these skids. SARANT CADILLAC IS A HORRIBLE DEALERSHIP!!!

-1-
07-20-05, 09:48 AM
You can't screw the people that put the supper on your table. Did I mention my family has purchased 7 cars from these skids. SARANT CADILLAC IS A HORRIBLE DEALERSHIP!!! :helpless: "HORRIBLE DEALER" and they bought SEVEN cars? With that kind of repeat business, they'll never change. No need to improve. Must have some kind of monolopy in that area?

Drift-caddy
07-20-05, 11:06 AM
Well i hate to say it but dont back down, sound like the dealer is a POS. well some small things you can do is call Cadillac cust asst, when you get the CSI survey make sure you fill it out and send it back in. dealer gets paid on that... Call the dealer and talk to the GM there, and dont back down. Take pictures of the car and keep it for your records, call the BBB as well. I know its a PITA but sound like this dealer needs a wake up call.

Mutlu
07-20-05, 01:19 PM
Don't wait!

Make a big sign and either you or somebody walk in front of the dealership everyday until it is resolved. The longer you wait the longer this will not get resolved.

I hope you took pics of everything right away.

ccclarke
07-20-05, 02:14 PM
Sorry to hear about your woes. I find it hard to believe you couldn't find a CTS-V of your liking in stock in FL. I've never seen so many CTS's and CTS-Vs anywhere! (I saw 3 V's within 10 minutes of leaving the Orlando airport.) Murphy Cadillac in Melbourne has sold a bunch, with a good selection in stock. Ditch the car and find one in FL. Again, I'm sorry to hear you got boned. Caveat emptor!

calicadi
07-20-05, 10:53 PM
Find out if one of the local TV stations has a consumer watchdog. Local ABC affiliate here (channel 7) has "Seven on Your Side". See how the dealership stands up to brodcast media!

GNSCOTT
07-21-05, 12:37 PM
Why not write a letter to the owner of the dealership alone with the signatures of the 7 relatives who will no longer purchase a car from them again. Make sure to give him an out. Make it like if he knew about this personally that he would want to make it right. Tell him that because of prior dealing with them you thought that you could trust them to deliver a brand new $52k caddy in new condition , sight unseen. Back up all of your complaints with pictures of the damage.

Its a sad thing that manufacturers only have limited authority over their dealers. If a dealer accidentally fills your car with valve grind compound instead of oil and roasts your motor, GM cannot or will not do anything because the dealership made the mistake> Caddy will also not admit that oil should have been put in the car and not valve grind compound, that is the part that pisses me off.

36CADDY
07-21-05, 04:14 PM
:helpless: "HORRIBLE DEALER" and they bought SEVEN cars? With that kind of repeat business, they'll never change. No need to improve. Must have some kind of monolopy in that area?

7 cars 1st major problem. I guess I have to go real slow.

36CADDY
07-21-05, 04:16 PM
They took it in on Tuesday. I'll let everyone know how they handle it.