: The V went in this morning to the dealership to get RECALL work done and

kimcheejeegae
07-15-05, 02:41 PM
I just got a call back.

1. Small coolant leak from a cylinder sensor (I thought I smelled Coolant, so I told my service manager about it)... waiting for the car to cool down.. cats are too hot. hehe.
2. Driver side motor mount busted (new part coming in, won't have it done until Monday)
3. Parking brake fixed/tightened
4. PCM reflash done

They couldn't put me in a Caddy loaner car because I'm not 25!!! WTF? So I got put into a Malibu at Enterprise, my service manager asked me what they put me in and said... I'll call ya right back. I'm going to get you into something way nicer. Great service!!

I'm not gonna have the V for a weekend, I'm gonna miss the V. My Audi A6 is in the shop too getting new rear calipers under warranty. SO I'M STUCK WITH LIKE.. NO CARS!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!

V-seriesTech
07-15-05, 03:08 PM
I just got a call back.

1. Small coolant leak from a cylinder sensor (I thought I smelled Coolant, so I told my service manager about it)... waiting for the car to cool down.. cats are too hot. hehe.
2. Driver side motor mount busted (new part coming in, won't have it done until Monday)
4. PCM reflash done

They couldn't put me in a Caddy loaner car because I'm not 25!!! WTF? So I got put into a Malibu at Enterprise, my service manager asked me what they put me in and said... I'll call ya right back. I'm going to get you into something way nicer. Great service!!

I'm not gonna have the V for a weekend, I'm gonna miss the V. My Audi A6 is in the shop too getting new rear calipers under warranty. SO I'M STUCK WITH LIKE.. NO CARS!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!

Go play FORZA or GT4. MAYBE that will help.:p

Florian
07-15-05, 05:27 PM
Mine is waiting on a gas tank...apparantly national backorder...10 days and counting so far.... :helpless:

F

kimcheejeegae
07-15-05, 05:36 PM
Mine is waiting on a gas tank...apparantly national backorder...10 days and counting so far.... :helpless:

F

ouch!

moldowan
07-15-05, 09:05 PM
just got mine back from the dealer (3 days :tisk: ) had a sts loaner. it was OK but i really appreciate my V now-LOL

Had the reflash done.... is it my imagination or does the car feel slower after the reflash????????????? anyone else care to comment.
had an full alignment done after the fg2 shocks went in and the values ( I'll post copy later tonight were the same as before/ after specs BUT.... the hunter machine print out said FE3 suspension values!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't the stock V a FE4 suspension????? and are those values different????

thanks,
-moldy

Platinum05
07-15-05, 09:06 PM
That's weird about the under 25 rule for the loaner. I was given a regular CTS when I had mine in for service (I'm 24). BTW, the car will be going in AGAIN soon for interior squeaks/rattles/taps. It's like a goddamn symphony of irritation when the radio is off. Love the car but this interior is not up to par quality-wise.

CVP33
07-15-05, 10:31 PM
Had the reflash done.... is it my imagination or does the car feel slower after the reflash?????????????
-moldy

I was afraid of this. What if the recall/reflash is just more aggressive torq' management. What's more expensive a recall to replace 5,000 rear diff's or a recall to flash the pcm and pull some torq out of the motor. Hmmmm, makes one wonder.

moldowan
07-15-05, 10:55 PM
that is exactly what i felt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! less tork, now the wheels do not spin as easy as they used too!!!! Mutha-f*cka's:devil:

steath V here i come!!!!!!!!!!!
-moldy

DILLIGAF
07-15-05, 11:09 PM
I just got a call back.

4. PCM reflash done

I'm not gonna have the V for a weekend, I'm gonna miss the V. My Audi A6 is in the shop too getting new rear calipers under warranty. SO I'M STUCK WITH LIKE.. NO CARS!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!25 thats BS.Drive in a 50000 car,get a malibu.My dealer doesn't have loaners,Its all Enterprise junk

LV_V
07-15-05, 11:11 PM
My dealer gives me Inerprise too, but last time I was in they hooked me up with a brand new SRX; not too shabby.

SBONES
07-15-05, 11:15 PM
if i take my car to the dealer for a random service, do i got to worry about them reflashing mine...because i dont want them to..:hmm:.:lildevil:

MCTS-V
07-16-05, 12:00 AM
My flash was showing as an open recall. When I took the car in for other stuff they did the recall and then told me when I picked the car up it had been done. I too got a car from Enterprise but it was a regular CTS with about 10k on it; pretty decent car. My drive line clunk is pretty loud at most speeds, even highway but they said they could not duplicate it. Must be pretty hard of hearing so I am going in next week to take the shop foreman for a ride and clean the potato's out of his ears. Must be like when the wife speaks, you really don't hear what she says because it usually means work. :eek: