: BMR Pinion Support Brace

bryce3
07-14-05, 04:59 PM
Is anyone using the BMR pinion brace? What if anything does it do (real world test). I already have there AWK. I am getting a rather loud clunk on almost all shift 1-3. Just looking for a cure.
-Sean

LV_V
07-14-05, 05:10 PM
I get the same clunk. It gets rather annoying when passengers are in the car. My dealer said it was "normal" and they usually are very understanding (they actually offered to replace my last differential because they noticed a noise that I did not). I (and others on the board) have described the clunk while shifting as "parade driving clunk". Sooooo annoying and cannot be good for the driveline IMO. We really need to find a cure for this clunk.

HDMLNIUM
07-14-05, 07:05 PM
Didn't someone say the clunk was because of the Dual mass flywheel, and once that was replaced the clunk was gone???

willsctsv
07-14-05, 07:21 PM
The clunk is from the driveshaft. Go under the car and where the drivesahft bolts up to the Diff. (6 allen bolts) the shaft has a slight taper, like there is a shaft within a shaft. That has about a 1/2 of play back and forth. That's the noise. Very annoying. I have the pinion support and it helps the diff from moving. In this case the driveshaft is the culprit, not sure if anything can be done, that play is there for a reason.