: more pcm tune...

SBONES
07-14-05, 11:15 AM
I went to them with 315 and when i left i had 340, some people seem to have more then me with the same stuff i have. Is this normale hp for what i have done...:hmm: when they ran my car on the dyno, the temp was 92... would that take alot away...it seems to be more responsive...

PneuBird
07-14-05, 11:45 AM
What type of dyno do the have? They differ in resulting HP and TQ readings!! :coolgleam

Drift-caddy
07-14-05, 12:30 PM
Ok dyno time. There are so many factors involved in dyno numbers, are the number u have corrected or uncorrected?? temp,humity,grade of gas, the list goes on and on. Anyone can be a dyno queeen and get high numbers if you want. but u want the car to be safe. No two dynos will read the same. what you want a dyno to do is let you make a run to check your a/f and knock. use the dyno for fine tuning. It sounds like you made a 25hp gain. thats is a good gain. what mods did you have done?? what you do is take the car to the dyno, dyno the car see what your base number is, make your mods and do your tune, then go back to the dyno and see what you gained. use the dyno as a tool to tune and check your gains, dont worry about the hp rating so much. well i hope that helped out
thanks
Damian
Moore Motorsports
703-448-6210

SBONES
07-14-05, 10:35 PM
i already had the corsa and intake on. and it only had 325 and with the tuning i got 15 more. he said he could of tunned it alittle more. i know it doesnt go over 200 and i think the fan kicks on sooner. and i did notice better gas milage. on the last run they put a blower in front of the car, and i think it had 338 to be exact. I just thought it would of had more than that.:hmm:

adderall
07-15-05, 12:51 PM
I went to them with a 331.65 stocker with a run condition of 80 degrees with 26% Humidity. They said that this was one of the strogest stockers they had seen and that they vary by as much as 25hp. With a CAI, Headers, Perf Cats, Corsa exhaust and an aluminum flywheel installed they managed to pull 366.37 out of mine. A wicked storm hit just before they tuned it shooting the humidity up to 60% and temp of 84 degrees. They seemed confident that they could have made 370 otherwise. They opted not to get extremely aggressive on my tune as well opting for overall driveabilty and engine safety. I thought mine would have been more but it definately seemed much faster.

Geno
07-15-05, 02:50 PM
For a stock"V", if one starts at above 330 rwhp, that's fairly respectable from what I've seen on this forum. My "V" was pampered to no end prior to the engine mods and the best dyno run of several was below 330.

For a lightly modded "V" (CAI, Exhaust, tune) 360 to 370 rwhp is really, really good. No one is going to get 400 rwhp or more without opening the motor (or shopping around for a dyno that will give him the numbers that he's looking for).:suspense:

...and by the way, almost the whole planet knows this but, "the LS6 hates heat!" and will dial back timing accordingly.

VELOSE
07-15-05, 04:01 PM
I know most of you are aware tq is what we all want most. Stock I ran 328rwhp and 323rwtq. I haven't scheduled to get dynoed again with the Bassani exhaust. I really want to go before Maggie shows up. I want to see individual mod gains. I'll keep you updated.

Anyhow, just like Damian said, "make your mods and do your tune, then go back to the dyno and see what you gained." That is exactly what I'm using the dyno for. Good Luck.

SBONES
07-15-05, 10:20 PM
do i got to be scared to take it to the dealer now.:hmm:

LV_V
07-15-05, 10:47 PM
Remember, go back to the SAME dyno each time so the results are comparable.

lawfive
07-16-05, 03:13 AM
No one is going to get 400 rwhp or more without opening the motor (or shopping around for a dyno that will give him the numbers that he's looking for).:suspense:

Not true, Geno, not true! (Unless you include the intake manifold as an "open the motor" process...)

MAGGIE! MAGGIE! MAGGIE!

wildwhl
07-16-05, 12:02 PM
Not true, Geno, not true! (Unless you include the intake manifold as an "open the motor" process...)

MAGGIE! MAGGIE! MAGGIE!

:werd: