: front window weather stripping flying off: windshield backorder

Zeke
07-14-05, 02:14 AM
Seems Cadillac is not used to making cars that go from 0-60 in 4.8 seconds.

My rear interior tower panel blew off recently, the one between the rear window and the passengers side rear side window. The plastic nuts & bolts that hold it on broke.

As well, my weatherstripping on the top of the windshield has worked its way loose. Initially I pressed it back in, but, of course, it popped back out again.

My dealer tells me they have to replace the whole windshield to fix it.

And the windshield is on backorder for "at least 2 weeks"
:banghead

Any one else have the weather stripping come loose?

How about the windshield backorder?

AmesCTS-V
07-14-05, 02:23 AM
Can't say I've seen this. How many miles did it take?

Texan V
07-14-05, 02:48 AM
Rear interior tower panel...if that is the sail panel your talking about, mine did the same thing. The window tinter broke it when he tinted the rear window and didn't say anything. It was just held in place by the rubber weatherstripping until one day while crusing at a good clip with the windows down. Replaced both with no questions asked, since the other one was dirty as well (water stained).

LV_V
07-14-05, 04:24 AM
Both of my sail panels in the back ripped off too. I need to get my dealer to replace those. I guess thats what happens to some cheap @ss plastic piece at over 100mph with the windows down :shhh:

urbanski
07-14-05, 09:19 AM
yep, sail panel broke here too. warranty replaced

wildwhl
07-14-05, 11:41 AM
My windshield weatherstrip came loose too - and they did have to pull out the windshield to fix the weatherstrip - but they did not REPLACE the windshield :hmm:

ctsvett
07-14-05, 05:16 PM
sail panel is a known issue.. lots of people have been complaining about this.. the plastic protrusion that holds it on is weak and if tightened to hard can break.... the windshield thing is weird... I have seen them replace the windshield before. In order to properly apply the weather seal goop, the windshiled should be off. Thats probably the only reason they are taking it off completely (to ensure weather seal).

Reed

CVP33
07-14-05, 08:54 PM
Windshield replaced about two months ago thanks to a dump truck changing lanes in front of me. I saw the rock in slo' mo', then bam. Niiiiicccccceeeeee. No delay. Fixed immediately.

Zeke
07-14-05, 10:49 PM
both happened at around 4000 miles